Fish on the #1 pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/What-the-Rams-Want-in-Their-No-1-Pick/61c6c906-82cd-4964-b7c0-d3a81c244685

“Well, obviously the physical ability,” Fisher said. “He’s the top of his draft class — top of a number of draft classes with respect to his ability.”

This is why I still believe they are going to take Wentz at 1 overall. Fish and Snead love special talent above all else. I prefer Goff but between the two he is not the guy who is at the top of a number of draft classes with respect to his ability.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think Pead and Quick may have soured them a bit on pure potential.

Hopefully.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. But Wentz is not pure potential, the guy can actually ball.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I agree. But Wentz is not pure potential, the guy can actually ball.
Absolutely. I'm a fan.
I'm ecstatic we are in position to grab one of these guys.
Days ago, we were concerned about having to moving up, just to grab Lynch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely. I'm a fan.
I'm ecstatic we are in position to grab one of these guys.
Days ago, we were concerned about having to moving up, just to grab Lynch.

Yeah I'm not gonna throw a tantrum if it's Wentz. I think these are two future Pro Bowl, MVP level QBs. Both prospects of the highest caliber and they offer slightly different things. Goff brings us instant passing game improvement and chain moving. Wentz brings us the play action QB with super elite size and measurables.

Like I have said more than once Fish and Snead have been trolling everyone for drama. Until I see the Rams start contract negotiations with Goff ahead of the draft I believe what I know, which is that the Rams favor upside.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/What-the-Rams-Want-in-Their-No-1-Pick/61c6c906-82cd-4964-b7c0-d3a81c244685

“Well, obviously the physical ability,” Fisher said. “He’s the top of his draft class — top of a number of draft classes with respect to his ability.”

This is why I still believe they are going to take Wentz at 1 overall. Fish and Snead love special talent above all else. I prefer Goff but between the two he is not the guy who is at the top of a number of draft classes with respect to his ability.
I for one think your right Merlin!! It's going to be Wentz!(y):D:yay::yess:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, I've said too much already...

I still think the SIGNS point to Goff. (still prefer Wentz)

If after everything...they go Wentz?....I think I'll need a defibrillator...

I think I'd be less surprised by Jalen Ramsey at this point.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
somethin about Wentz.. think he's the one. Just feel like he's a better fit for what we wanna do

but.. who the fuck knows. Come on Thursday!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
At this point, I've been talked into both. I see both sides, and I see the good and bad for each quarterback, and I'm happy with either. I just want to know who it is, for sure. I don't trust those reports out right now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If they go Wentz, I'll cop to having been trolled so hard... Washington won't have nuthin' on us fans...LOL.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Yeah I'm not gonna throw a tantrum if it's Wentz. I think these are two future Pro Bowl, MVP level QBs.

I'm sorry, but to say these guys are MVP level is a huge stretch and that's coming from a guy who's very high on Goff. MVP is Rodgers, Brady, Manning quality QBs. I refuse to say either guy is going to be that good yet.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry, but to say these guys are MVP level is a huge stretch and that's coming from a guy who's very high on Goff. MVP is Rodgers, Brady, Manning quality QBs. I refuse to say either guy is going to be that good yet.

Yeah it is, particularly to say both in the same sentence as MVP. Just talking potential here though, remember. There are a lot of ways that doesn't happen for one or both, but the reason I am so high on both of them is they don't have a lot of the common bust risks associated with the biggest busts in the top picks.

First off they will begin their career with a good roster around them; the WRs aren't great, but there are a lot of options and most other things are in place. Second, both these guys are immensely hard workers. Third, they aren't party boys, both are face of the franchise types. Fourth, they both had a lot of responsibility and experience reading coverages and demonstrating deep understanding of offensive concepts. Fifth, both are great locker room guys who are well loved and respected on their teams. And so on.

I think they're both very capable of being the perennial pro bowl type QB the Rams are hoping to draft. And whichever guy gets taken by the Rams is going to be set up quite well for success.