First vote in the ROD Sweet 16 bracket.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Catch, or The Catch?

• 1. Ricky. Wouldn't even GET to the SB without that catch!

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • 2. Kidding? Bruce saved the day with that bad boy!

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
First memorable moments looking to advance in the Sweet 16 Bracket are...

Ricky Proehl
In the Rams Division Championship Game against the Buccaneers, Kurt Warner floats one to Ricky Proehl (who hadn't caught a touchdown pass all year) and propels them into the Superbowl. "The Unlikely Hero."

VS

Isaac Bruce
Bruce caught Kurt Warner's pass late in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XXXIV, cut left, juked right, and took it 73 yards to give the Rams a 23-16 lead, which turned out to be the game winner. "The Catch."

Discuss. :cheese:

bracket1.jpg

superfan24

Starter
Re: First vote in the (insert catchy name here) bracket.

Your killing me. Two of my most memorable Ram moments of all time.
Gotta go with Bruce though, get goosebumps everytime I hear the audio for that play.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

superfan24 said:
Your killing me. Two of my most memorable Ram moments of all time.
Gotta go with Bruce though, get goosebumps everytime I hear the audio for that play.
Good. I want it to be a difficult choice. :hehe:

Oh, and I forgot to put the poll up there. You can 'officially' vote now.
And changing your vote is okay too. If you change your mind.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

No offense, Mr. Bruce, but without Proehl's catch, we don't go to the Super Bowl, and you don't make that spectacular catch of yours. So, I have to go with Proehl.

PhxRam

I think I have to go with the Proehl catch as well. I remember having a nauseating feeling that we were going to lose that game. We had not really done squat the entire game and a TD sure seemed doubtful.

The Bruce catch was a beauty, but I just had a feeling we were going to do something on that drive.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I voted for Ricky's one handed snag to beat the fucs. I really hate tampon , so I had to go with that one.

Funny side note - Guess who proudly wore a RP jersey to the tampon game a year ago ???
Our own Ramhusker

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Selassie I said:
I voted for Ricky's one handed snag to beat the fucs. I really hate tampon , so I had to go with that one.

Funny side note - Guess who proudly wore a RP jersey to the tampon game a year ago ???
Our own Ramhusker

Yeah, I couldn't pass up the chance to rub that one in! :hehe:

Of course, I voted Ricky.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Interesting. Gotta be honest here... I didn't see it going down like this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylRtxAVsOfM[/youtube]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Along these lines...

I read that M Faulk has a picture of Bruce's "catch" hanging over his fireplace mantle .

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
This might be the hardest choice of all of them but I went with Bruce. It's one thing to get to the SB but it's another thing to win it.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Great topic... but the Bruce catch will be forever ingrained in my brain.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
iBruce said:
Great topic... but the Bruce catch will be forever ingrained in my brain.

Mine too! Both will. I voted for Ricky just because one would EXPECT Bruce to make a play like that. Ricky? Not that season.

boondock

UDFA
Not to take anything away from Mr. Bruce, but I had to vote for Ricky's catch too. I'm with the rest who have already said we wouldn't have been in the SB if it wasn't for that catch. Ahh, memories....

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I used the degree of difficulty as the decider for me. Defender all over Proehl, the sideline's proximity and the ball barely secured. I know I didn't think it was a clean catch at the time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ah... now I get it.

I voted Bruce. Yeah, I know we wouldn't have been in the SB without Ricky's catch but there are playoff games and then there is winning the FREAKING SUPERBOWL!!! Gotta go with Sir Isaac.

Oh, and I was the only Ram fan in my own house (aside from my wife and kids) that day. It was SWEET!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Ah... now I get it.

I voted Bruce. Yeah, I know we wouldn't have been in the SB without Ricky's catch but there are playoff games and then there is winning the FREAKING SUPERBOWL!!! Gotta go with Sir Isaac.

Oh, and I was the only Ram fan in my own house (aside from my wife and kids) that day. It was SWEET!!!
Were you at a Titans fan's house? What was THAT like?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

Memento said:
No offense, Mr. Bruce, but without Proehl's catch, we don't go to the Super Bowl, and you don't make that spectacular catch of yours. So, I have to go with Proehl.

Yep Yep! :cheese:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Ah... now I get it.

No... I was at MY house. People up here in the NorthWet still considered the Rams the LA Rams and it's all about Beat LA. No one gave a damn about the Titans - just that they didn't want the Rams to win. And of course they felt the need to bust my balls. It was mostly in fun to be able to give me shit during the game. I was actually out on my back patio checking on the Cue and ran back in just in time to see it all happen. It was freakin' MAGICAL man. Lost my voice right then and there. :bangin: :wahhh: :yahoo: And I was able to deliver a few of these :flip: :flip: :flip: around the room.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Ah... now I get it.

No... I was at MY house. People up here in the NorthWet still considered the Rams the LA Rams and it's all about Beat LA. No one gave a damn about the Titans - just that they didn't want the Rams to win. And of course they felt the need to bust my balls. It was mostly in fun to be able to give me shit during the game. I was actually out on my back patio checking on the Cue and ran back in just in time to see it all happen. It was freakin' MAGICAL man. Lost my voice right then and there. :bangin: :wahhh: :yahoo: And I was able to deliver a few of these :flip: :flip: :flip: around the room.
heh. That's great, man. :sly: