First time since 1998! [Uncertainty at running back]

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We've been lucky in St. Louis at this position! For 14 years we've had a proven feature back. Some might argue; 14 years of HOF caliber play at the position. Amazing!

1999 - 2004 Marshall Faulk
2005 - 2012 Steven Jackson

Back in 1998 was the last time we had this much uncertainty heading into camp;

Robert Holcolmb (6), June Henley (3), Amp Lee (1), Gerald Moore (4), and Greg Hill (2) all had starts at the position.

Back in 1998 it was Greg Hill who was expected to be our feature back. He started hot gaining 240 yards and 4 touchdowns on a 6.0 average through the first two games of the season before breaking his leg.

Wow! What a run at RB... Since 1998!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To put into perspective how long ago it was...

- Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky scandal was in full bloom
- Pete Sampras won Wimbledon
- The Federal debt was "only" $5750.4 billion (today it is $17.100 trillion)
- John Elway won his first superbowl

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I remember the game Hill had his leg broken. Big ole' fat Ted Washington fell on it in the Buffalo game. He had 240 yards rushing in 2 games with 4 TDs before that happened. I don't know why I remember that so vividly. And I even remember being pretty pissed about it too.

Stupid 1998.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
X said:
I remember the game Hill had his leg broken. Big ole' fat Ted Washington fell on it in the Buffalo game. He had 240 yards rushing in 2 games with 4 TDs before that happened. I don't know why I remember that so vividly. And I even remember being pretty pissed about it too.

Stupid 1998.

I was at that game in Buffalo...Sad day for Hill, but the Rams won on a last second QB scramble by Pretty Boy Tony Banks. Rams went to 1-3 and the Bills 0-3 (they had an early bye) and coming out of the stadium with my fellow Ram compadres and donning our Ram paraphernalia a Bills fan in a car rolled down his window gave me the peace sign minus one and my response was..."You wish your team had that many victories." A great moment in Western, NY!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
den-the-coach said:
X said:

Stupid 1998.

I was at that game in Buffalo...Sad day for Hill, but the Rams won on a last second QB scramble by Pretty Boy Tony Banks. Rams went to 1-3 and the Bills 0-3 (they had an early bye) and coming out of the stadium with my fellow Ram compadres and donning our Ram paraphernalia a Bills fan in a car rolled down his window gave me the peace sign minus one and my response was..."You wish your team had that many victories." A great moment in Western, NY!
:sly:

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I remember a buddy of mine being a big U of I fan getting irritated over the Faulk trade - "why would we give those picks over? We've got Holcomb!"

Good times.

fearsomefour

Legend
Greg Hill has talent for sure.
I remember Amp Lee....the poor mans Marshal Faulk....in terms of catching the ball anyway.

jap

Legend
fearsomefour said:
Greg Hill has talent for sure.
I remember Amp Lee....the poor mans Marshal Faulk....in terms of catching the ball anyway.

Amp was very much like Marshall, running or catching, just in slow motion.