First-round prospect CB Gareon Conley faces sexual assault allegation/Raiders take a chance on him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It may be able to be proven true one way or the other.
If there was a camera in the elevator they can get a professional lip reader who might be able to figure out what was actually said, if anything.

Zero

Pro Bowler
How hard is it to stay home and go the the freaking gym for a few months? crap, it's like rocket science. When I was that age I might of been dumb asf but for millions it would of been easy to stay home for a few months.
True. But,then again you didn't have people falling down all around
you,screaming lawsuit.Not saying this is the case,but it happens.

Ram65

Legend
http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/04/25/nfl-prospect-gareon-conley-accused-of-rape-denies-allegations/

Gareon Conley -- a projected 1st round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft -- has been named in a police report by a woman who claims he raped her in a Cleveland hotel but he adamantly DENIES the allegations.

The 21-year-old was a superstar cornerback at Ohio State University and draft experts say he could be drafted as high as #10 in the draft on Thursday.

But according to a police report filed in Cleveland, a 23-year-old white female told police Conley violated her in a hotel suite bathroom at a Westin hotel on April 9.

According to the report, the accuser says she met Conley in an elevator and he asked her to have a foursome with another friend of his. The woman says she declined and offered to watch the other people have sex instead.

A short time later, the woman says Conley unbuttoned her pants and began to have sex with her. She claims she said, "No, stop, it hurts!" but he kept going until he finished. She says he then kicked her out of the hotel room.

The woman called 911 and described her assailant as a "black male who wouldn't take his sunglasses off and had an Ohio State tattoo on his left forearm."

The woman says she went to a local hospital where a rape kit was administered. But she refused to speak to cops afterward.

As for Conley, two of his friends who were at the hotel were interviewed by police and told cops Conley never hooked up with the woman and that she was just mad that she got kicked out of the room.

Conley's attorney spoke with Cleveland19 and denied the allegations calling the accusations "ludicrous and ridiculous."

Cops are investigating but so far no arrests have been made and no charges have been filed.

Story developing ...

That was fast.

The story sounds so bizarre. Don't know what really happened. I guess prospects should stay away from late night activities before they sign a contract.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If she is crying wolf, they need to come up with a charge for these type of situations. It's straight up bullshit that a woman can just cry rape and ruin a man's reputation just like with the Brian Banks situation. Equality my ass.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If she is crying wolf, they need to come up with a charge for these type of situations. It's straight up bullcrap that a woman can just cry rape and ruin a man's reputation just like with the Brian Banks situation. Equality my ass.

There are criminal charges in most states for filing a false police report, obstruction of justice, perjury if it comes to that - but these cases are seldom prosecuted.

It's a pickle - you want victims to feel comfortable coming forward but you certainly want to protect against false accusations. I have long advocated for criminal charges to be private - at least - until after a conviction. No more mugshots in the newspaper, publishing police reports and poisoning jury pools. We are all so quick to rush to judgment that we really need to examine the process to protect us from ourselves.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I just saw that he is not attending the draft now ... probably the right call.

Ram65

Legend
Does Conley come off your board?

His name has been thrown around here in Phila as a possible choice for the Eagle in round one pick #14. Oh the radio talk shows will be on this. I'll be listening in a little while.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Does Conley come off your board?

His name has been thrown around here in Phila as a possible choice for the Eagle in round one pick #14. Oh the radio talk shows will be on this. I'll be listening in a little while.

I would have a team investigator with boots on the ground in Cleveland as we speak. I'd have him or her or vying to talk to detectives, witnesses, trying to find video, looking into the background of the alleged victim - a full PI assault.

I advocated the same for Collins - teams spend so many resources looking into these players there is no reason to stop now. Give a PI $50k to get info and a good one will get that info.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he wouldn't take his sunglasses off, it's possible he didn't tell her who he was and didn't want to.

If that's the case, he's guilty IMO.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whether he's guilty or not, this is so incredibly stupid. You know what constitutes sexual assault these days - how thin that line is - having a foursome you're opening that door. He would officially be on my do not draft list, and I say that as OSU fan who liked Conley.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Whether he's guilty or not, this is so incredibly stupid. You know what constitutes sexual assault these days - how thin that line is - having a foursome you're opening that door. He would officially be on my do not draft list, and I say that as OSU fan who liked Conley.

You can catch a sexual assault charge for peeing in a bush at night and someone seeing you... even if you thought you were alone. You were exposed, thus indecent exposure, thus misdemeanor (or Felony if there's subsequent charges) and have to register on the Sex Offenders list for life.

For peeing in a bush at night.

Yeah, some sexual assault charges are completely overreaching and some people who are on the list, get randomly demonized for being a predator or rapist just because they have a misdemeanor "sex" crime.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have a close friend who was raped, she couldn't take it far because the police told her that the accused had great legal representation and they'd pull her kids into it. Even though he was on their 'watch list' of sexual abusers.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Millions of young people are having sex with strangers every minute of the day. Young men's dicks are hard and they want to fuck. It's easy to say stay in your room but these guys are used to having sex with skanks. Would be hard for them to just stop.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I would have a team investigator with boots on the ground in Cleveland as we speak. I'd have him or her or vying to talk to detectives, witnesses, trying to find video, looking into the background of the alleged victim - a full PI assault.

I advocated the same for Collins - teams spend so many resources looking into these players there is no reason to stop now. Give a PI $50k to get info and a good one will get that info.
The team could easily recoup that fifty-grand if he fell to even the second or third round.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

The team could easily recoup that fifty-grand if he fell to even the second or third round.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Strange....

I've read an article saying that flirting with a female is now considered sexual harassment. A lot of allegations coming out of the woodwork. Whats the trigger? My guess fame, greed.

Did you read what she said ?? That's a messed up statement in the They find his juices . ---- She did go to the hospital to have a test done. There is a reason that happened.

I don't know if the police made her do it because of activate ask you actuations ?

DNA won't lie . Why did she get kicked out ?

Read some posters up top. I guess when you make Allegations like that it's a serious matter. Police must be procedure on cases like these.
She basically said he came inside her. --It helps the court system & protects both party's .Either he did or he didn't ?? I'm guessing no condom ?? Which would be extremely stupid for a guy about to make $15 million plus .

Last edited: