First Republican Primary Debate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DO NOT WANT PAHLITIX DEBATE!!!!

Just sayin'... I'm watching it now because it should be entertaining to see how Trump handles this.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm at work so I can't watch but I bet Trump slings at least a couple good zingers at the moderators. Am I right yet?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Trump has called damn near everyone stuipid and reaffirmed that Rosie is a pig. lol Also told Rand Paul he has been having a bad night answering question.s

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Moderators are trying to catch these guys in contradictory statements more than picking their brain about solutions. Of all the guys up there, Ben Carson is the guy who comes across as the most rational and decisive.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Moderators are trying to catch these guys in contradictory statements more than picking their brain about solutions. Of all the guys up there, Ben Carson is the guy who comes across as the most rational and decisive.
Thought the same thing, but then the guy is a class act no matter what he's doing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what I heard from some who watched. They said it was pretty much a mess otherwise, bit of a circus act.
Kinda. Christie and Paul got into it a little bit. Trump just sounded like Trump, so people got to see how un-Statesman-like he is and how that would look if he was President. You know, compared to how guys like Bush and Carson come across. That whole "I speak my mind" stuff is gonna lose its appeal to people eventually. He won't tone it down, but he should because his messages are good.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I thought Carson was great. Bush did well and I really liked Rubio. My wife, for whatever reason, really liked the fella from Ohio...the one who kept making face twitches.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Friggin couldn't get the debate here. I didn't realize FoxNews wasn't a part of my FiberOp TV package.

I'm left watching the highlights.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm a registered Democrat and I like Dr. Benjamin Carson the person. I had the pleasure of hearing him speak, before he was Ben Carson the Presidential Candidate. I've got a very high opinion of Dr. Carson and hope his running for President doesn't change that. I don't think he will be stooping to the level of the average candidate and run advertisements that attack someone's character.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There was little doubt to be that Carson was the smartest man on stage. If he was heard as loudly as Trump.....Electiom Over

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Christie and Paul got into it a little bit.
I don't follow Paul, so this was the first time I really saw/heard him and he came off as a bit of a kook to me.

And, he basically got bitch-slapped by both Trump and Christie.

Trump was Trump... I find him entertaining. I thouyght Christie did well too... but neither man will make the final cuts, IMO.

I liked Carson but thought he could have phrased that tax question better.. tithing? I know where he was going, I think... but just say "flat tax".

As far as the moderators, I really didn't like the woman... and was glad Trump went right back after her. Clearly she (and the others) were there to be combative. Fox news.. sigh.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Megyn Kelly is an extremely intelligent woman, she is normally enjoyable to watch, and not just for her looks. I was a bit put off by her attack of trump. See, I thought Christie looked stupid, his attempted attack on Paul was pretty week, cause Paul campaigns on FB. Christie, to me, seems like a bit to much of a liberal republican if there is such a thing. I think he could pull a reverse Reagan. I was really impressed with Rubio.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I didn't watch the debates, just saw some analysis and highlights. So here's just an opinion from someone on the left who did not watch it so take that for what it's worth. But I did see that Trump was very upset with Megyn Kelly, in particular. And some analysts suggest that she was indeed harder on Trump than the others but I would think that they are more than a bit concerned about Trump--not just as the Republican candidate but even worse--that he would run as an Independent. So taking him down a few pegs could be in their interest.

My guess is this is exactly why the first Democratic debate is not until October. The powers that be already know the choices THEY have, for both parties, and trying to control a particular outcome is their first order of business.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Megyn Kelly is an extremely intelligent woman, she is normally enjoyable to watch, and not just for her looks. I was a bit put off by her attack of trump. See, I thought Christie looked stupid, his attempted attack on Paul was pretty week, cause Paul campaigns on FB. Christie, to me, seems like a bit to much of a liberal republican if there is such a thing. I think he could pull a reverse Reagan. I was really impressed with Rubio.

Trump isn't the insider choice, she knows that, so they want to make sure he doesn't get the nomination because he's likely to get spanked in the primary. Gotta find someone in the middle to appease to the majority of the people.

Athos

Legend
Meghan Kelly, of the "war on Christmas" fame and the untelligent "analyses" fame...smart?

o_O

Also from the left, the longer the GoP and media give that misogynist and bigot known as Trump the attn he craves, the party looks ever more the laughing stock it's been for years with terrible candidates.

Trump is such a manchild. No world leader is gonna take that toupee wearing nutter seriously.

It still wouldn't be much of an improvement imo, but you all would be better served giving him the boot.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
I watched the entire debate (with the Giants and Cubs in split screen). I was surprised by the artillery unleashed by the moderators- usually, with Obama in particular, it's a softball show. Unbelievably, Fox' rivals actually praised the network or their work. Meghan Kelly cornered Trump on his misogynistic comments and some of the candidates looked shell-shocked by some of the questions. Kelly zinged Carson

Scott Walker came across as "every man" - with short, direct answers and Kasich (Ohio governor) came off well, too. My GF liked him. I really liked Rubio. Jeb fumbled....looked like a QB that sees the pass rush coming. Trump came off like an angry dickhead. Rand Paul got cornered on his libertarian world view, which is pretty much 1940 America First crap. Carson comes off as a nice guy, smart as a whip, but will really get steamrolled as this campaign unfolds

From what I heard, Fiorina mopped the floor with the other guys on the JV debate. I need to watch it, though.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
Meghan Kelly, of the "war on Christmas" fame and the untelligent "analyses" fame...smart?

o_O

Also from the left, the longer the GoP and media give that misogynist and bigot known as Trump the attn he craves, the party looks ever more the laughing stock it's been for years with terrible candidates.

Trump is such a manchild. No world leader is gonna take that toupee wearing nutter seriously.

It still wouldn't be much of an improvement imo, but you all would be better served giving him the boot.

Bill O'Reilly is the "War on Christmas" proponent, not Kelly. You're thinking of the "Santa Claus was a white guy" comment she made several years ago, which was in jest and was taken out of context by her critics. I was watching. IMHO, Kelly is the smartest person on TV and gives no quarter to her guests, left or right. She's fun to watch.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

o_O

That's a little more personal than talking about the debate. We aren't talking politics. Only the debate. Be a liberal all you want, think that conservatives are a joke all you want, but keep it to yourself who you think is a joke. That's a quick way to fuck this thread up for everyone else.