First post - my Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

scvramfan1

UDFA
Name
Ted
I had put this mock together about a week ago. While waiting for approval from ROD my first pick for the Rams went from a third round selection to now showing up in some first round mocks. That player was QB Hendon Hooker. I thought he was being overlooked and would provide the Rams with a great opportunity to obtain a starting QB for the future without having to trade up with more top draft picks. With the upcoming 2023 season looking like a semi rebuilding year and the future of Stafford's Rams career lasting another year or two at best it would be a good time to get a QB that had a real chance to be a quality starter for the Rams. I'm going to go ahead with my original mock which is including a trade down with Cleveland in the second round. The Rams would get picks 42 and 111 and Cleveland would receive picks 36 and 191. This would give the Rams a 4th round pick that they don't currently have. So, here's my mock.

#42 - Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee
#69 - Andre Carter Edge Army
#77 - Darius Rush CB S. Carolina
#111- McClendon Curtis G Chattanooga
#167- Payne Durham TE Purdue
#171- Ya Ya Diaby Edge Louisville
#177- Daniel Scott S Cal
#182- Ricky Stromberg C/G Arkansas
#189- Cam Brown CB Ohio State
#223- Hunter Luepke FB N Dakota State
#251- Nesta Jade Silvera DL Arizona State

I think the Rams can get a RB and WR in the UDFA pool. I agree with some on the board that have said the Rams will be an attractive spot for UDFAs.
With only 44 players signed right now there are plenty of positions to fill. The only FA signing I would like to see is John Johnson at safety. Right now the position badly needs some experience. I think JJ would be affordable.
Anyway, that's my thoughts on the draft right now. Looking forward to some feedback.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Welcome to the Jungle.

Good job. This is a nice way to open your account.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Welcome brother!

Thanks for the mock. A few things for me personally, I wouldn't take Hooker before the 3rd. He had a great season certainly, but, the offense they run at Tennessee is nothing like an NFL scheme so its pretty tough to evaluate how he would perform in the league. Also, he's 25 or going to be 25 this season. And coming off a torn ACL which might land him on IR to start the NFL season. I like him as a prospect, just not that highly. Fan of Diaby, Luepke, and Rush though! I'd definitely grab a RB in there somewhere too. We are losing Akers after the year and I'd rather not have to rely on a UDFA when there are so many available in the 3rd-6th round.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome!

Love Hendon Hooker but not sure we go with him as our first pick with Stafford coming back.

I just don't like Carter at all, seems a workout warrior to me and lacks it on the field but I get the pick.

Diaby is very intriguing of a pick he's got a ton of upside and I'm on record as being a huge Daniel Scott fan think he starts as a rookie back there eventually.

Excellent effort thanks for the contribution!