First Day Offseason Press Conferences: McVay, Gurley, Goff, AD (video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the last couple of years, these press conferences have ruined press coverage inspired stories for me. The leading questions kind of tell you their preconceived story lines, and now they are compiling quotes for the story.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
(McVay On how much of a premium he puts on receivers with speed)
“It’s extremely important. I think one of the things you felt fortunate looking at some of the receivers they have in Washington, guys that could take the top off coverage. When you’re trying to operate with some of your play-action game where you have your three-level throws – the top-shelf, the intermediate and then that flare-control underneath – somebody that can stretch the field vertical, and if a team isn’t honoring it, then you make them pay with those big plays. The offenses that I’ve been fortunate to be a part of, we’ve done a nice job creating explosives. And that’s definitely something that we’re looking to do here and those speed guys give you the best opportunity to be able to do that.”

Very interesting especially since the known Rams WR visits are Chad Williams and KD Cannon 2 guys who ran in the low 4.4 range. It looks like Woods will will fill the Garcon immediate level WR role and Tavon probably the crowder role where he plays more in space, but this team is missing the DeSean type player who can take the top off the defense. Finding that guy will probably be high on the priority list in a few weks.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
Yay all 4 players mentioned accountability as one of the big driving points of their new coach, also the answer to the obvious follow up question "Is that different compared to last year" was non committal ...

also gurley needs some happy pills dude looks bored

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yay all 4 players mentioned accountability as one of the big driving points of their new coach, also the answer to the obvious follow up question "Is that different compared to last year" was non committal ...

also gurley needs some happy pills dude looks bored

I'd be bored as fuck too having to talk to the media. For the most part it's the same shit over and over. Repetition is boring as hell.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Man... I really love listening to McVay, this dude is SMART! Also, you can tell he has a great level of confidence.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very interesting especially since the known Rams WR visits are Chad Williams and KD Cannon 2 guys who ran in the low 4.4 range. It looks like Woods will will fill the Garcon immediate level WR role and Tavon probably the crowder role where he plays more in space, but this team is missing the DeSean type player who can take the top off the defense. Finding that guy will probably be high on the priority list in a few weks.

Mike Thomas, come on down.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Jared needs to throw in a few bicep curls every now and again. Coach looks like he could snap his QB like a twig. Come on, JG!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jared needs to throw in a few bicep curls every now and again. Coach looks like he could snap his QB like a twig. Come on, JG!

Jared Goff looked soft !! He does have great shoulders & wide chest .He will get stronger here in the next couple months.
Weight trading is phase 1 .

Greg Robinson is a question mark . My take on the whole O'lineman situation is
Pretty much like I thought.

1. GRob & Saffold were horrible next to each other .
2. Jamon Brown needs to grow up , but Rob Hav was huge for him as a rookie.They roomed together & it helped J. Brown a lot .

3. Rob Hav can get downfield to the 2nd level . He seals his blocks great & uses his reach to perfection.You can see that from his career RB's he blocked for.His side step of the edge(foot work) is weak & his Ling arms safes him his rookie year.

3. Andy Dickerson was a good signing with knowledge. McVay talked very highly of him. If you know he was a guy that helped keep rythm in practice.
4.John Sullivan was the perfect signing at center. He is going to help Jared Goff & the Offensive Line. He will be an extension of the coaching staff.
5. The Rams have such a great veteran pressance on the Left Side on offense .Really a great step in the right direction.
6. The Rams have a lot of Beef across the line, & just gives them a Great core across the offensive front.
7. Going back to the top down with Rob Hav being out on injury really hurt the team. He was not able to help out like his rookie year. He is a excellent teach of the game. He is such a smart player. You can see it on the practice field. He loves talking shop. That right side is going to be solid . The believe is in the talent of Greg Robinson living up to a part of being draft #2 overall.He just needs that grasp & comfort of what it is he is suppose to do.
8. Kromer will make things 2nd nature for GRob .

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'd be bored as freak too having to talk to the media. For the most part it's the same crap over and over. Repetition is boring as hell.
I also think Gurley doesn't like throwing people under the bus. You can see that he is anticipating the questions about "who, what, why?" and is uncomfortable answering them. Some guys just don't like or are uncomfortable coming out and putting this stuff out in front of the world. Hopefully this season will start a turn around and the questions will be more about the positives than the negatives. Then we might see him smile more and open up a bit.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Think .. S-P-R-U-U-U-U-C-E!!(y):D JMHO!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
McVay's comments on John Sullivan are worth noting. He mentions how JS is like a coach on the field, understands defenses and relays to the rest of the OL, something that was totally lacking last year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Mike Thomas, come on down.

giphy.0.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

rookie nerves man. he'd hardly seen the field, maybe got a little excited, maybe was peeking at the defender bearing down on him. if the pass was a yard or two deeper i'm guessing that's a td.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
rookie nerves man. he'd hardly seen the field, maybe got a little excited, maybe was peeking at the defender bearing down on him. if the pass was a yard or two deeper i'm guessing that's a td.

That was just one example of his many drops. He had the same issues when he played extensively in the pre season. Im glad he was a pleasant surprise on special teams, but I am not counting on him to be the primary deep threat this team desperately needs. I've heard McVay mention Spruce and Cooper several times, but he hasn't once mentioned Thomas. Its interesting that he mentions a UDFA who didn't play last year before Thomas.