First Cut Victims?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Morbid post! Probably a lot of nice of folks on this list. Not to mention folks that gave their all.
"Everybody gotta die some time, Red."

1e3PxvF.jpg

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morbid post! Probably a lot of nice of folks on this list. Not to mention folks that gave their all.
wasn't meant to be anything but a discussion topic. I actually like quite a few of these guys on this list, but I somehow doubt they will ever see this post.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If you dont trust Quick, Britt, Austin, Givens, Bailey or Pettis, what in the world does TJ Moe do that make you trust him more?
There is no one who wanted to see him make an impression more than me, but he has not shown up at all in camp.

Probably because like Austin and Bailey he did so much in college. And I'm not sold on the practice only phenoms as of yet.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Probably because like Austin and Bailey he did so much in college. And I'm not sold on the practice only phenoms as of yet.
So every account that has come out of training camp, and more importantly, a highlight reel play on Saturday night, and what would have been another long TD were it not for a desperation PI penalty does nothing to give you pause?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I too had hope that Moe would stick, at least for a while, as I don't trust who we have at WR to get the job done..
Not sure that Moe would be the answer then but I haven't seen much of him at this level. I thought Quick looked good and I am expecting big things out of Sted when he comes back. I also wouldn't sell Britt short just yet. Austin - I would hope will be used a little more creatively than we've seen so far.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It's only given me some hope. If it continues against the first teamers and in real games I will be happy! But with Bailey out for the first four I worry a lot about our receiving corp.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It's only given me some hope. If it continues against the first teamers and in real games I will be happy! But with Bailey out for the first four I worry a lot about our receiving corp.
Well, I get that practice doesn't do much for you. But they continue to run Quick and Britt out there with Bradford and the ones more and more. They will be a better team, even when Bailey comes back, if Britt and Quick are the guys getting the majority of the reps, with Bailey and Austin being he complimentary guys.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And you think CoachO is wishing bad will on these guys? It is a fact of life in the NFL that cuts will come and good people will have to either look for another job or try to make it on with other teams. Not sure how you get morbid out of this. It's not like he is projecting that they will have no use in society after this. It is just a projection of who will likely not make it as the cuts happen. If he was making disparaging comments about them, I think we would all agree - but....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Reality sucks. Been there.
Yep. Many of us have been there - maybe not in the NFL - but I would bet most of us have been cut in some way or another. Not ME of course but....:D

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I want to see Veltung get a better shot to make it as the KR/PR

Rambition

Rookie
i would pretty much concur with all those, though i hope a few do end up on the practice squad. that would include moe, schiller, bryant, and possibly millard.

Rambition

Rookie
I may be in the minority on this one. And the Rams probably won't see it this way, but I'd keep Deantra Harlan, Kourtnie Brown, & T.J. Moe another week and replace them with Brad Smelley, Justin Veltung, and some type of injury waiver on Brandon Washington.

Why?

I keep as many DLineman as I could, as with one more preseason game to play, I'd sit Quinn, Long, Brockers, & Langford for that final preseason game. And they should have seen enough of Veltung by now to see what he has got. I say give Moe a shot to make some plays.
yeah, it'd be nice to see moe have a longer look than what he's gotten to this point. not sure how i feel about smelley, though.