First Cut Victims?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
With the first round of cuts coming next Tuesday (Aug. 26th), any predictions as to who sees the pink slip hanging in their lockers? They need to get down to 75 by Tuesday, and with Pead certain to land on IR, that leaves 14 others to find their way to the unemployment line. Any guesses?

Here are mine:

1) RB - Isaiah Pead - IR
2) QB - Austin Davis
3) WR - Jordan Harris
4) FB - Kadeem Jones (IR settlement)
5) OT- R. J. Dill
6) OG - D.J. Morrell
7) WR - TJ Moe
8) DT - Deantra Harlan
9) DE - Kourtnie Brown
10) LB - Johnny Millard
11) LB - Pat Schiller
12) DB - Jarrid Bryant
13) DB - Avery Cunningham
14) P - Bobby Cowan
15) LS - Jordan Hus

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
^ I could live with that. None of those guys are PS-worthy IMO.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
With the first round of cuts coming next Tuesday (Aug. 26th), any predictions as to who sees the pink slip hanging in their lockers? They need to get down to 75 by Tuesday, and with Pead certain to land on IR, that leaves 14 others to find their way to the unemployment line. Any guesses?

Here are mine:

1) RB - Isaiah Pead - IR
2) QB - Austin Davis
3) WR - Jordan Harris
4) FB - Kadeem Jones (IR settlement)
5) OT- R. J. Dill
6) OG - D.J. Morrell
7) WR - TJ Moe
8) DT - Deantra Harlan
9) DE - Kourtnie Brown
10) LB - Johnny Millard
11) LB - Pat Schiller
12) DB - Jarrid Bryant
13) DB - Avery Cunningham
14) P - Bobby Cowan
15) LS - Jordan Hus
I'll defer to your insight here @CoachO but that list seems reasonable and I don't think any of these players will be missed. The much harder task, quite obviously, will be the cut to 53. We're going to have to say goodbye to some good football players at that point.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll defer to your insight here @CoachO but that list seems reasonable and I don't think any of these players will be missed. The much harder task, quite obviously, will be the cut to 53. We're going to have to say goodbye to some good football players at that point.
The one I toiled with is TJ Moe, but based on his lack of inclusion during camp, I just don't see him being in the mix. The others, particularly the O-linemen, could get a stay of execution based on the injury situation on that unit.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This first round of cuts isn't going to be difficult at all. It's the 2nd round where we might have to let a few decent players go.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Good list. Other than Pead and ST none of them will ever be more than a camp body. Thank them for their effort, they helped the team get ready for the season.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The one I toiled with is TJ Moe, but based on his lack of inclusion during camp, I just don't see him being in the mix. The others, particularly the O-linemen, could get a stay of execution based on the injury situation on that unit.
I was just going to ask you about TJ Moe, Do you think if he sows something in the next pre season game they might cut Blake instead of Moe!?

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I'd like to say TJ Moe would stick around, but I can't really see it.

No problem with anyone else on this list.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I've been wanting to see TJ make a little noise with a big catch in the pre-season, but either he can't get open in time, or the protection isn't allowing his routes to develop.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was just going to ask you about TJ Moe, Do you think if he sows something in the next pre season game they might cut Blake instead of Moe!?
It will be Franklin before Blake. But at this point, both of them need to hope for a PS nod.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Pat Schillar and Jordan Harris caught my attention from your list. They both caught my eye at different times during OTAs in positive ways. It may just be a matter of time and a numbers game for them, tho.

Irish

Starter
Moe getting cut early is more indicative of the wide receivers catching more balls than they ever have, which has been an issue for this team.

Moe's value comes from catching anything thrown to him a la Amendola, but if the main stays/guys higher on the depth chart are doing that as well with some semblance of regularity, Moe loses any real value he had.

Hopefully he can stick on our practice squad, but I do think he is good enough to play in the NFL, albeit on a thinner roster.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's not getting any go so far, so I'd have to agree with you. Secondary battles appear that they will go to the end. It was nice to see Mo out there, but he got lost a few times. We seem to have good futures at CB, and NB. Cody Davis played MUCH better than the 1st game, but I don't think he's the long term answer.

I think we will finally be OK at WR, but the last spot battle will go on. What's up with Pettis hardly playing? Tight end battle looks interesting, and it's starting to look like they will be a huge part of our game plan. I'd have Westbrooks over Conrath and Sam right now, but those aren't first cuts. Lots of competition at guard, but Wells didn't look very good to me at all, hopefully he's just rusty.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The only thing I think that could be a bit different is that if there is a veteran player that is on the bubble he may go first...but then again, I'm racking my brain as to who that would be, being the youngest team in the league and all.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It seems to me that last year, the bottom of the 90 man got more playing time in the late minutes of games 1 and 2 of the Preseason.

I like the fact that the players involved in the real roster battle are getting the longest looks in live action but I feel bad for guys who showed up and worked their butts off in every practice never to get an opportunity to show their stuff on the field.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Bobby Cowan is definitely getting cut. When are they able to I Pead without exposing him to waivers?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Coach, did Dill show less than Hooey in practice? If it's close, based on the preseason games, I'm pissed at Hooey and that was probably the worst series by an OT I've seen in many years. Just wondering if you think they are close in ability based on what you've seen and I've missed?