First a compilation of all my tweets today, report to follow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
BtawnumCcAAWeD6.jpg:large

BtaytwbCUAAwFP2.jpg:large

BtazE4eCEAA05IP.jpg:large

Jim Fadler @ jimiramsboy.
Really curious today to see the changes in the #Rams base defense. Tighter CB’s? Does the wide 9 stick or go?

Its cloudy and overcast in St. Louis but it won’t dare rain on the first day of #ramscamp

Will Gregg Williams’ language clean up that Bridgeton landfill to the east of #ramscamp

How many reps will Sam Bradford take this week and how big is his knee brace? #ramscamp

Is Aaron Donald going to drive the guards and centers crazy in line drills? #ramscamp

Parked at Earth ity and #RamsPark….lots of rain but more troubling there is lightning in the area #GoAwayDammnit

Jim Fadler @ jimiramsboy..
And as if on cue the sky clears and the rain stops

im Fadler @ jimiramsboy.
Jake Long is dressed out with his helmet #ramspark

David Joseph at right guard with the ones…do not see Saffold #ramscamp

Grob at left guard next to Long #ramscamp

Finally spotted Saffold…at LG #ramscamp

Really happy to see Matt Daniels in special teams drills full speed #ramscamp

Bradford has a brace on but I have seen far bigger and bulkier #ramscamp

Cook getting some extra hands and route running work on the side…some might be cynical #ramscamp

Kenny Britt has no brace #ramscamp

Lots of special teams groups drills,,,,,,TJ McDonald, Joyner and Alexander stand out #ramscamp

Austin Petts and Stacy at PR #ramscamp

GW leading. Defensive stretching…..all PG so far….Oline drilling in the sand right now #ramscamp

Online just did a drill where two pushed one up a hill…GRoh is huge….huge #ramscamp

Unit drills….Gilbert with Sam…Hill with Austin #ramscamp

Gilbert has some trouble at the top of his drop, but release is decent #ramscamp

7 on 7 time….

Britt drops one across the middle, Quick got very low on one cut and looked smooth, Givens ran a wrong route #ramscamp

Quick, Kendricks , Britt and Cook in a grouping #ramscamp

McDonald and McLeod open at safety…..Bailey running with the ones early #ramscamp

Gillert doesn’t looked lead Harley properly but flows it up in the same to Harkey #ramscamp

.QB coach read Gilbert riot act for a read misses it appeared #ramscamp

Britt had a great catch on a deep out, then Bailey blew a route and caused a pick #ramscamp

Hill with a nice completion to Emory Blake on a timing route #ramscamp

At least I have yet to see Hill break the rep and take off #ramscamp

Austin Davis looks just as inaccurate as ever in his one rep #ramscamp

11 on 11 Timmy Barnes at center, Saffold at LG, GRob at LT #ramscamp

Brandon McGee at least looks competitive this year and not totally lost #ramscamp

On defense so far only one end is usually in the wide 9 stance, strong side in tighter #ramscamp

Jim Fadler ?@ jimiramsboy..
Michael Sam holds his.position. and doesn’t get turned on run pursuit #ramscamp

Nice catch by Austin off of a motion stack with Bailey #ramscamp

Alexander and Davis running second string safety #ramscamp

Quick catches across the middle with hands in his face #ramscamp

Michael Sam would have sacked Hill if they were full speed #ramscamp

Sam’ timing is way off into the flat and on crossing patterns #ramscamp

Ogletree with a nice undercut and tip #ramscamp

And just so no one forgets Clemons….Gilbert takes off on 11 on 11 #ramscamp

Tavon gets a carry from tailback….then Pead finally gets a carry #ramscamp

It’s still the wide 9 but not all the time….strong side DE comes in on some fronts, corners up much closer…not much bump today #ramscamp

But they are in shells so there wouldn’t be contact anyway #ramscamp

Donald whips GRob on the first one badly and then gets a stalemate on the second #ramscamp

Rookie linemen about to go at it #ramscamp….Van Dyke a walk over on the first rep

Justice Cunningham out of SCarolina getting a lot.of reps at TE #ramscamp

DJ Morrell holds off Sam twice…Sam not low enough to the outside to spin #ramscamp

Donald showing some bull rush moves vs the training camp fodder #ramscamp Donald and Rhaney ready to fight

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice. Thanks for posting, jimitroutboy!

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Justice Cunningham
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the Kentucky Supreme Court justice, see Bill Cunningham (judge).
Justice Cunningham
No. 84 St. Louis Rams
Tight end
Personal information
Date of birth: January 14, 1991 (age 23)
Place of birth: Pageland, South Carolina
Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)Weight: 258 lb (117 kg)
Career information
High school: Pageland (SC) Central
College: South Carolina
NFL Draft: 2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 254
Debuted in 2013 for the Indianapolis Colts
Career history
*Offseason and/or practice squad member only
Roster status: Active
Career NFL statistics as of Week 12, 2013
Receptions1
Receiving yards4
Receiving average4.0
Receiving TDs0
Stats at NFL.com
Justice Cunningham
(born January 14, 1991) is an American football tight end. He played college football at the University of South Carolina. In the 2013 NFL Draft, he was the 254th and last player to be drafted, making Cunningham the year's Mr. Irrelevant. Cunningham was the second consecutive Mr. Irrelevant for theIndianapolis Colts, who chose Chandler Harnish as the last pick of 2012 NFL Draft.[1] Cunningham survived the August 31 cuts, but was waived September 2.[2] He was signed to the practice squad the next day. On November 19, The Colts promoted Cunningham to the main roster, after releasing receiver Griff Whalen. He was signed by the St. Louis Rams on Dec. 31, 2013.[3]

High School[edit]
Justice graduated from Central High School (Pageland, South Carolina) in 2009. While there, he collected his fair share of accolades. His senior year, he helped Central reach the 2008 Class AA state finals and a 14–1 record while playing tight end and defensive end. This same year, he collected 20 sacks. His efforts landed him a spot on the All-State First Team, the 2008 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas,and on PrepStar's All-Atlantic Region Team. As a junior, he caught 21 passes for 400 yards and 8 touchdowns. On defense, he registered 92 tackles, seven sacks, two interceptions, and three fumble recoveries. He also excelled on the basketball court averaging 12 points and 11 rebounds his junior year.[4]

References[edit]
  1. Jump up^

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Great stuff. I never get a chance to watch as closely as I'd like because I'm chasing my son around!

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
My youngest is now 16.....when my battery was running low I told him I was going to take his phone away from him

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I told him and he said......................no......imagine that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't remember Williams using a wide nine technique before. Is this something you saw often, @jimitroutboy? That kinda concerns me a little because getting to the second level for offensive linemen would be easier, and you can take the DEs out of the equation with counters, traps, and draws. Was never really a fan of that.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I am not a fan of the wide 9 very much either....just too much opportunity to be gashed. I was watching the Oline and the secondary. My son Michael said that the OLB were coming up very lose to the line of scrimmage in the base set. I am going to watch that closer today and try to see how if at all Williams is adapting the back of the defense

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I am not a fan of the wide 9 very much either....just too much opportunity to be gashed. I was watching the Oline and the secondary. My son Michael said that the OLB were coming up very lose to the line of scrimmage in the base set. I am going to watch that closer today and try to see how if at all Williams is adapting the back of the defense

I noticed the LBs creeping, and there were instances wher the DEs were in the "wide 9" there would be a LB in the gap between the DE & DT and only a yard or two from the LOS. This is classic Greg Williams. Different looks, but very disciplined in gap responsibility. Not that they tried to exploit it much yesterday, but with the explosiveness of the DEs, even in the wide 9, getting outside will be very difficult with the speed of the OLBs they now have.

They also showed plenty 8 man boxes, with McDonald (1st unit) and Alexander (2nd unit).

The other thing I noticed, was the distinction now of a SLB and WLB. They were adjusting to the formations, and motion of TEs, with Ogletree actually lining up over the TE in most cases. If they truly believe he can man the SLB, it would alleviate some of the coverage concerns with Dunbar, and also free up Dunbar to be much more in the "playmaker" role he had in 2012. I will be paying closer attention to this as camp progresses.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
...... with Ogletree actually lining up over the TE in most cases. If they truly believe he can man the SLB, it would alleviate some of the coverage concerns with Dunbar, and also free up Dunbar to be much more in the "playmaker" role he had in 2012. I will be paying closer attention to this as camp progresses.

This is an excellent development IMO....the over 6-2 lanky speedy Tree on the TE's instead of the under 5-11 shorter more quick & less speed Dunbar........ SMART GW! I still think that Dunbar will exit when the Nickle enters...

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Am I right in thinking the SLB only plays about 35-40 percent of the snaps nowadays in the 4-3 defense? Little surprising that Ogletree would be in that role.

EDIT: Of course that doesn't mean he can't switch to WLB in 2 LB sets. Answered my own question lol

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Isn't it possible that, as a result of the offense being pass oriented because these are the early days of installation, the "wide 9" look has been called to counter that in 11 on 11's?

I mean, you want to call a pass spread on defense when you know the play's likely to be a pass, no?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Isn't it possible that, as a result of the offense being pass oriented because these are the early days of installation, the "wide 9" look has been called to counter that in 11 on 11's?

I mean, you want to call a pass spread on defense when you know the play's likely to be a pass, no?

I see your thought process here, but given that they were strictly in the Base 4-3, I doubt they are thinking strictly pass. It's still about the installation, and not so much about play calling. And from the Base defense, you have to assume they will line up accordingly.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
This is an excellent development IMO....the over 6-2 lanky speedy Tree on the TE's instead of the under 5-11 shorter more quick & less speed Dunbar........ SMART GW! I still think that Dunbar will exit when the Nickle enters...

Absolutely agree with that. Ogletree and Laurinaitis won't come off the field much if at all.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

He (Jo Lonn) was also more successful as a WLB in 2012.....Not sure why? Seems/maybe Will's have a lil more freedom....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He (Jo Lonn) was also more successful as a WLB in 2012.....Not sure why? Seems/maybe Will's have a lil more freedom....

I really like Dunbar....period so glad he is a Ram.......he can play any of the LB'er posts and hold up well. He just seems to excel when he is placed in a position to use his quickness to nail the RB up close or just as the RB breaks the outside seal. Dunbar is a short range heat seeking missile! The Rams are stronger with him @ the WSLB post over any other Lb'er presently on this team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nice report thanks. Gilbert was a good find.He is like a sponge.He'll only get better.Always liked the way he puts pressure on a defense & can just get up and go when things break down.