Firestick, jailbreak or no?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
so my girlfriend got me the firestick with Alexa voice remote for Christmas.. anyone have one?
gonna watch some videos but figured I'd ask in here if anyone had experience jailbreaking one or not. what are the benefits? any negatives?

Psycho_X

Legend
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/kodi-help-thread.50839/

mine is working great

watched every game this season

movies movies movies

the one thing I have leaned is you have to update it often or you get a lot of failure notices

Same, we cut the cord years ago and only thing we pay for at the moment is Netflix just cause we like the convenience of it. But have a stick and a firetv with kodi on both. Like Rhody said it is kind of a pain in the ass at times as there are updates a lot. And it seems a couple of times a year the whole app needs to be redownloaded due to a new version being released. But can't beat saving a couple of thousand dollars a year in cable or satellite costs. I haven't found watching live NFL to be all that great on it though and usually do that through various websites through my xbone browser. But some people seem to have better success than me when it comes to that.