Finnegan Will Need To Take A Big Pay Cut To Remain On Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don't know that I would keep him even for the absolute minimum. He was a liability in coverage last season. He might just be a waste of a roster spot.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Vet's minimum, no bonus, and it's made clear he's competing for even a backup spot.

Maybe if he doesn't make it, consider bringing him in as an assistant DB coach.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Vet's minimum, no bonus, and it's made clear he's competing for even a backup spot.

Maybe if he doesn't make it, consider bringing him in as an assistant DB coach.

That works for me

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think he would be a pretty damn good safety. But on the cheap

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would rather he is just cut.

Said this before but for those that missed it: Finnegan was brought in to lead the Rams Secondary and to teach them how to play like Fisher likes his defense to play. He never played to the level of his contract and the only thing he seems to have taught the youngens was how to run their mouths all game and inspire the opponents WRs to have big games against them. Steve Smith stands out against Janoris. Finnegan has been a failed free agent signing in my eyes.

I think the best free agents to sign are the guys in the trenches, OL and DL. They have the best chance to bond with a new team because of the nature of the position and how close those units usually are, especially OL. Golics Talked about free agency on Mike and Mike with Stink and they both agreed that it is best to retain your own FAs because bringing in guys who were drafted by other teams is a big risk. They usually don't work out as well as hoped because when you are drafted that first team becomes your team and those teammates become your brothers and it is never the same if you switch families. The feeling is not the same when you switch teams. They went on to say that is a big part of Pittsburgh and Baltimore success and you see more teams copying that strategy of trying to keep your own guys. Neither is a big advocate of getting big name free agents. Of course their are a few exceptions to the rule, like Tony Gonzalez or Drew Bree's and Kurt Warner.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Deion Sanders did well after Atlanta...

Although I understand your point and agree, Sometimes holes have to be filled via free agency

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Deion Sanders did well after Atlanta...

Although I understand your point and agree, Sometimes holes have to be filled via free agency
Like I said there are exceptions but often they are stellar competitors with great gifts like Reggie White or Dieon. I am not saying all free agents fail but there is always a risk.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I would rather have Finnegan manning the nickel spot than Brandon McGee. But I do agree that he's making probably a bit more than way too much money for his current level of play.