Finnegan Playing Nickle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I noticed yesterday that it was mostly (From when i was paying attention to it) Tru was on White, Jenkins was on Jones and Finnegan was taking the slot man. And got burned a couple times. I don't know if it was because that day we felt that White was still slowed enough to be handled by Tru (Who i think could and will be a starter for us soon) and they wanted the experience on Douglas....Just wondered if anyone else noticed it. Like i said it was just spots that i was paying attention, this was the case.

Name
Kerry
I think we are gonna see a lot of Finnegan play a lot more nickel didn't he play that more in Tennessee?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IDK, i didnt watch many games, but i do know he shadowed Andre Johnson...and paid for it with an ass whoopin lol

iced

what the hell is up with finnegan...

he hasn't played well since his thigh injury last season...

RamEERS

Pastor
I think he played a lot of nickel in Tennessee... he was comfortable with it and it allowed him also the option to blitz

Graphicker

Starter
He hasn't been effective in a minute. His role in this defense is that of a JOKER, But he isn't being used to roam around free or Blitz.
He's being asked to stuff that leaves him out of place.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
In my experience, playing nickle corner is harder than playing outside when you have a good slot receiver (which Douglas is.)

Think about it. An outside coner takes away the inside routes and you basically have to make your catches against the sideline. If a nickle corner is taking away the routes over the middle all game they call an out route and now the receiver has two yards on the corner.

I think this Finny was the perfect person to match up with Douglas; however, him playing 5 yards deep allowed Douglas to basically have his way with him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Finnegan has been moving to the inside on 3 WR sets since last season...and probably did before in Tennessee...nothing new there.

But I think his play has been pretty awful this year. Might be time to start taking snaps away from him.