Finnegan focused on fundamentals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X added:
I don't think he was brought in because he was exponentially better than Bartell. He was (imo) brought in for all those other things he brings to the table.

I agree with that. Still, he actually needs to be proficient at all the things he was brought in for.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
X added:
I don't think he was brought in because he was exponentially better than Bartell. He was (imo) brought in for all those other things he brings to the table.

I agree with that. Still, he actually needs to be proficient at all the things he was brought in for.
I suppose so. In a perfect world, he'd be the top rated corner in every aspect of the game. I agree he's not a premiere coverage corner, or a lockdown corner, or someone you'd name an island after. What he is, is the 6th best corner in the league in terms of run support, and one of only 4 corners in the league who didn't allow a TD while being the primary corner in coverage.

All I'm saying is that I'll take all that (above) along with his leadership abilities, his influence on the personality and attitude of the defense, the tutelage he offers younger players, and his ability to play inside and outside depending on the situation ... in exchange for him not being Aeneas Williams in coverage.