Finnegan, begin again.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Without breaking my own rule, let me just say...

Not impressed.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I didn't really notice much of him or JJ today, not that that's a bad thing.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Late in the game the commentators mentioned TENN had only completed 4 passes to WR. Sounds like the secondary held its own today.

V3

Hall of Fame
I didn't really notice much of him or JJ today, not that that's a bad thing.

I did...and that's not in a good way. Other than the pick, Finnegan seemed to let a lot of catches be completed. As for JJ, I'm just not impressed with him at all this year. He has REALLY regressed. Is Chuck Cecil not doing his job, is it on the players, or is it the defensive scheme?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I did...and that's not in a good way. Other than the pick, Finnegan seemed to let a lot of catches be completed. As for JJ, I'm just not impressed with him at all this year. He has REALLY regressed. Is Chuck Cecil not doing his job, is it on the players, or is it the defensive scheme?

I really do blame the scheme for a lot of things. We miss Greg "Hit Bonus" Williams or the committee thing... :(

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Late in the game the commentators mentioned TENN had only completed 4 passes to WR. Sounds like the secondary held its own today.

Yeah... I thought Finnegan had a pretty good game.

He looked chippy... first time all season he looked "fresh".

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Guess he had a mental breakdown from the early season beat downs. I think we all did...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm not trying to deride the guy, so let me get that on the table first. My *problem*, I guess you could say, is that his mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash. I remember when he was in on a pass breakup (that had no chance of being completed anyway because it was out of bounds), and I could hear his mouth from my TV. Yelling, "OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO!" while following the receiver back to the LOS. And then two plays later he gets torched on a slant and soon after takes a bad angle on C.J. and gets roasted again. I just wish he would concentrate on doing his job and stop worrying about getting into players' heads. He had a so-so game (because of an int), but he's not been the guy Fisher wanted when he was signed last year. Maybe some of that is due to being injured, and I hope that's the case, but I dunno. My broad-stroke impression still remains ... not impressed.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He took a good gamble and got the INT. He could just as easily been burned on his gamble.

Hopefully he will get better as he gets more playing time. I'm not holding my breath on it though. He really appears to be a liability with his play right now.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Finns problem is with father time. The guy has lost at least a step. His lack of recovery speed is the reason why he looks so bad out there.
I hats to lose his leadership but we could get a couple guys in for what we're paying him

had

Rookie
I'm not trying to deride the guy, so let me get that on the table first. My *problem*, I guess you could say, is that his mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash. I remember when he was in on a pass breakup (that had no chance of being completed anyway because it was out of bounds), and I could hear his mouth from my TV. Yelling, "OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO!" while following the receiver back to the LOS. And then two plays later he gets torched on a slant and soon after takes a bad angle on C.J. and gets roasted again. I just wish he would concentrate on doing his job and stop worrying about getting into players' heads. He had a so-so game (because of an int), but he's not been the guy Fisher wanted when he was signed last year. Maybe some of that is due to being injured, and I hope that's the case, but I dunno. My broad-stroke impression still remains ... not impressed.

I believe Finnegan is 29, so I don't think the issue is that he's lost a step and the game is too fast for him now, unless he's got a bad wheel. I remember his first 5-6 games last year, and what a great addition he was to the D, so I'm thinking he's still got it in him. I believe in one of his interviews posted here recently, he came right out and said that his confidence is lacking. Thigh injury, something that slowed him down, a tweak in the scheme, gets burned a couple of times, and bingo, looks like he's washed up. But I don't believe that is the case.

I think it would be really interesting to compare video from last year's first 5 games to see how he was being played, to this year's video. Which is to say that perhaps he's being positioned in a way that does not maximize his assets.

With regard to the smack talking, I completely agree, it's just sad if a guy talks smack and can't back it up. It's a shame. But some guys just can't stop running their mouths. (I know this from experience, unfortunately.)

Finnegan can be, in my opinion, a valuable asset to this team. Someone, a leader on this team, needs to get him to silence the mouth and work a little harder.

V3

Hall of Fame
I believe Finnegan is 29, so I don't think the issue is that he's lost a step and the game is too fast for him now, unless he's got a bad wheel. I remember his first 5-6 games last year, and what a great addition he was to the D, so I'm thinking he's still got it in him. I believe in one of his interviews posted here recently, he came right out and said that his confidence is lacking. Thigh injury, something that slowed him down, a tweak in the scheme, gets burned a couple of times, and bingo, looks like he's washed up. But I don't believe that is the case.

I think it would be really interesting to compare video from last year's first 5 games to see how he was being played, to this year's video. Which is to say that perhaps he's being positioned in a way that does not maximize his assets.

With regard to the smack talking, I completely agree, it's just sad if a guy talks smack and can't back it up. It's a shame. But some guys just can't stop running their mouths. (I know this from experience, unfortunately.)

Finnegan can be, in my opinion, a valuable asset to this team. Someone, a leader on this team, needs to get him to silence the mouth and work a little harder.

After the first four or five games last year, he was bad. Nothing has changed this year. He's lost a step. Some people lose their speed even before 29. And considering that he's supposed to be a leader, I doubt anyone is going to say anything to him about working harder or shutting his mouth.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And considering that he's supposed to be a leader, I doubt anyone is going to say anything to him about working harder or shutting his mouth.
True. That can only come from Fisher at this point.

PhxRam

After the first four or five games last year, he was bad. Nothing has changed this year. He's lost a step. Some people lose their speed even before 29. And considering that he's supposed to be a leader, I doubt anyone is going to say anything to him about working harder or shutting his mouth.

My high school coach told me I had lost a step at 16.. :rofl:

(true story)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

PhxRam

Did you get torched by a 14 year old?

I was a RB in high school and my coach seemingly had this problem with me. When he decided to start someone else in my place he told me the reason was "because you lost a step"