Finding A 3rd Year “Breakout” WR Has Been Difficult for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Britt was also one of the highest drops too - as well as Cook

Quick - now he was a beast, love that dude
If you are referring to dropped passes, in regards to Britt you are mistaken. Britt had "2" drops last season, same as Bailey and Pettis, 2 "sure handed" guys. And Quick had 1, but given the difference in receptions Britt's drop percentage is lower.

iced

If you are referring to dropped passes, in regards to Britt you are mistaken. Britt had "2" drops last season, same as Bailey and Pettis, 2 "sure handed" guys. And Quick had 1, but given the difference in receptions Britt's drop percentage is lower.

yea thought he was higher for some reason

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't think any of our receivers are going to be a 80 plus catches 1000 yard type receiver. But they can do good as a unit. They've all got unique individual skills. Britt and Quick are big receivers with enough speed to make big plays. Tavon is the little zero to sixty in two seconds guy. Bailey is the route runner with good hands. Cook is the athletic tight end who can make big pays. Kendricks is the blocker with good enough receiving skills to keep a defense honest. Its up to the coaches to make the best use of these guys.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Ste
StedmanFlexArticle.jpg
Stedman just has that "it" factor about him. His size is more along DJ's but his speed is nowhere near. But he does run good routes and his hands are like glue. I have a good feeling about him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Are we really asking the right question(s) when we puzzle about success of 3rd year WR's?

Let's consider the factors involved in developing WR success, whether it takes 2-4 years or even longer.

QB talent and experience
OC creativity and adaptability
OL talent and health
WR talent and experience

Let's ignore things like TE talent and running game threat for now, both of which take pressure off the WR passing game.

Well, guess what? S&F have addressed the top 3 above already this offseason. Of course, the OL has not yet had an opportunity to prove itself on the field, but I don't think it's a big stretch to project an improvement over last year's unit. Especially at C and RG.

And surely the extra year of experience for Tavon and Bailey will be helpful.

So what does all this mean? No guarantees, obviously, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if our WR corps "miraculously" achieved at least average and possibly above average results this year.

I mean, the ingredients are there now, aren't they? So why not us?

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I can't help but to think if austin were on a team with a Payton manning or Brady that he wouldn't be a superstar by now.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I can't help but to think if austin were on a team with a Payton manning or Brady that he wouldn't be a superstar by now.