Finally re-watched the Texan game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Quite frankly I'm betting on Austin to have a big game against the Vikings, but I would like to see them pass more to him, faking the jet sweep and then come back to him down the sideline on a wheel route, but what do I know?

It was open last week. I too have been waiting for them to throw to TA on the wheel route or even shorter. Usually one linebacker on that side that TA can beat.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Great post @Rams43 and I do believe Tavon is important to the offense to give the defense something else to think about another player might not concern a defense. Some posted that Havenstein started hitting Clowney in the shoulder right from the outset after the 1st quarter, kind of a quick punch if you will to control his penetration and that help offset the early success.

Quite frankly I'm betting on Austin to have a big game against the Vikings, but I would like to see them pass more to him, faking the jet sweep and then come back to him down the sideline on a wheel route, but what do I know?
I was posting about Clowney a week or so ago about chipping him because he finds it hard to restart & redirect his attack once he is hit quickly.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A question for those that think Tavon is so valuable as a decoy...

What about those many numerous explosive plays to Gurley, Woods, Watkins, Kupp, and Higbee when Tavon isn’t even on the field?

I rest my case.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What about those many numerous explosive plays to Gurley, Woods, Watkins, Kupp, and Higbee when Tavon isn’t even on the field?

I rest my case.
Lol

Not everything revolves around Tavon fakes but it's part of the scheme. Look at the big picture, how many times have we run Woods on a reverse? Answer twice for 12 yards, yet Houston knows we'll run that play so the whole defense bit and left half the field open to reverse course and score an easy TD. Gurley has been so successful the linebackers and safeties bite on play action and opens up big passes. The mid range and deep passes have been so successful it opens up the box for Gurley. What you're trying to do is take one aspect of the game plan out because you don't like it and think it doesn't affect the rest of the offense.

Should I rest my case :sneaky:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

Except for those Viking fans who think Tavon is Woods, Watkins, Gurley, Higbee, Kupp all rolled into one. I actually believe they feel he is the biggest scare on this team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I rest my case.

IDK about a decoy, but if you can have 6 or 7 bullets in your chamber, I always like to have the ability to carry an extra and Tavon does give the Rams another weapon even if it's not being used.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was open last week. I too have been waiting for them to throw to TA on the wheel route or even shorter. Usually one linebacker on that side that TA can beat.

I strongly suspect that McVay has more than one play like that being saved up for the right moment, in a big game. The defense will be slacking a bit, thinking they've seen how TA or some other player is used, and then a surprise and they're burned and don't know what to expect later in the game either.