Finally got to watch the Chiefs game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'll be brief as I will try not to repeat what others have already posted.

I watched the OL play with particular attention. I believe that it is clearly the area with the most unknowns. I mean, I rewound each play multiple times to watch each OL player of interest.

Here's what I came away with...

Once again, all 3 C candidates played "okay". Of the 3, I thought Jones played best. He had one bad snap but otherwise looked pretty good. Rhaney was most athletic and might one day become a helluva starting OG.

Wichmann has a future in this league but failed to blow me away in this particular game. He does look like promising depth and a possible future starter to me.

Know which OL did impress me? Wait for it... Garrett Reynolds and Battle. I would go so far as to say Reynolds was our most effective OL player that night, both at LG and RT. very effective, indeed.

Battle exceeded my expectations, frankly. Never missed an assignment. Heck, he neutralized his man all night long. He looked like a 1st round pick and has the look of a future starter written all over him. GRob and Hav better stay on their toes because by mid season I predict that Battle will be capable of giving each a good run for his money. Brilliant value pick for a '16 fifth rounder. Snead should be arrested for grand theft.

Cody Davis did some good things, but I saw him miss at least 2 tackles. Puzzling for such a good ST player, don't you think?

Hope Bradley Marquez can make it to the PS.

Ditto Malcolm Brown.

Mannion definitely took a step backwards in this game. But, hey, he IS a rookie.

Hager seems to be EVERYWHERE. Looks like a nice 7th round value. Maybe even close to a steal there.

I think our OL is gonna exceed expectations. Expectations are admittedly not high, but still... By games5-6, I think our OL might be downright beastly, actually.

As MFranke pointed out, we now look like a team that can and will run effective screens. THAT might slow down opponents edge rush, huh? And Foles is considered a fine play action QB, too.

Pretty much everything else I saw has been covered by others, so I'll quit while I'm ahead.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Battle exceeded my expectations, frankly. Never missed an assignment. Heck, he neutralized his man all night long. He looked like a 1st round pick and has the look of a future starter written all over him. GRob and Hav better stay on their toes because by mid season I predict that Battle will be capable of giving each a good run for his money. Brilliant value pick for a '16 fifth rounder. Snead should be arrested for grand theft.

Cody Davis did some good things, but I saw him miss at least 2 tackles. Puzzling for such a good ST player, don't you think?
Excellent news about Battle....I saw Reynolds putting in WORK too...

Cody is scared of contact IMO...I'll continue to believe that...Can't believe they'd prefer him over Christian Bryant...Williams must not be able to influence personnel decisions....

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Excellent news about Battle....I saw Reynolds putting in WORK too...

Cody is scared of contact IMO...I'll continue to believe that...Can't believe they'd prefer him over Christian Bryant...Williams must not be able to influence personnel decisions....
I wish they keep C Bryant over Cody.

TexasRam

Legend
I've only watched the first 3 possessions in slow mo rewind.

Reynolds is among our top 5 OL man. Looked great. Great push. Great sustained blocks and getting second level blocks.

Grob is still grabbing and tackling people. I predict a lot of holding penalties and Grob booted inside or benched by week 4.

Rhaney.. Still not impressed. Gets easily moved off the LOS and lacks balance.

My 5 olineman I open the season with are:

LT Saffold
LG Reynolds
C Jones
RG Brown
RT Havs

Mark my words Grob will get eaten alive by Seattle and cost us the game.

fearsomefour

Legend
I've only watched the first 3 possessions in slow mo rewind.

Reynolds is among our top 5 OL man. Looked great. Great push. Great sustained blocks and getting second level blocks.

Grob is still grabbing and tackling people. I predict a lot of holding penalties and Grob booted inside or benched by week 4.

Rhaney.. Still not impressed. Gets easily moved off the LOS and lacks balance.

My 5 olineman I open the season with are:

LT Saffold
LG Reynolds
C Jones
RG Brown
RT Havs

Mark my words Grob will get eaten alive by Seattle and cost us the game.
Reynolds is a vet playing vs backups, he should look good. I like him at G and not so much T.
I also have some reservations about GRob vs Seattle n