Finally did it - DTV

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
As a long-time DirecTV customer, I asked to get Sunday Ticket for free. Their only stipulation was that I remain a DirecTV customer for 12 months. Considering that I've been one since '99, that was a no-brainer.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
You mean more sweet talk sort of than bitch at them I think.
Sorry I meant just bitch about how awful your financial situation is and they fall for it. Just don't give up. The best department to talk is the retention department at least I think that's what it's called.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Good for you man! I got rid of them I think now 2 months ago, podcasts and ROD now. However, I have to watch our Rams so I got my best friend to get the Sunday Ticket so I can share in the joy of Snisher's team!

ohiorams

Rookie
Sorry I meant just bitch about how awful your financial situation is and they fall for it. Just don't give up. The best department to talk is the retention department at least I think that's what it's called.

Customer retention

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It happens but just hang up and call again. A lot of the employees don't seem to care about giving it away for free.

I just did that and it worked. They're giving it to me for free. They're also crediting me for the two months I already paid. So my bill goes down 40 bucks a month and I'm getting 80 bucks credited to my next bill. On top of that I got them to reduce 25 bucks more every month for one year on my bill.

Didn't hurt that I was month to month without a contract. I had to agree to a one year contract for that, but thats OK because I never planned on cancelling my DirectTV. I've been with them for 8 years now and I like them better than Comcast or Dish. I just told her that as much as I like DTV I couldn't afford it any longer at that price.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Did Verizon purchase Direct TV? Went to the Verizon site today and there was a bunch of DTV stuff on the site.

Does anyone with Verizon FIOS know if there is a chance I can get the Sunday ticket?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I just did that and it worked. They're giving it to me for free. They're also crediting me for the two months I already paid. So my bill goes down 40 bucks a month and I'm getting 80 bucks credited to my next bill. On top of that I got them to reduce 25 bucks more every month for one year on my bill.

Didn't hurt that I was month to month without a contract. I had to agree to a one year contract for that, but thats OK because I never planned on cancelling my DirectTV. I've been with them for 8 years now and I like them better than Comcast or Dish. I just told her that as much as I like DTV I couldn't afford it any longer at that price.
Good deal

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Verizon purchase Direct TV? Went to the Verizon site today and there was a bunch of DTV stuff on the site.

Does anyone with Verizon FIOS know if there is a chance I can get the Sunday ticket?
AT&T bought them not Verizon

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's interesting being that Verizon's main competitor is ATT and they just bought DTV. I wonder how long that will last. But then again, if it brings in the money, who cares who is selling the product.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I talked to the rep at Costco tonight. Looks like I'll be cancelling my Xfinity for DirecTV. It's going to save me about $70 a month to have the DirecTV and Xfinity internet.

If anyone else decides to sign up, let me know. I can give you my account number so we both get $10 off our bill every month for 10 months.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
No that doesn't stand for Disney TV but Directv.

Had it installed yesterday. Now here is the kicker and I have to toot my own horn a bit and yet still be a little stealthy.

I work for this big company. It's nAme is just leTTers. Well this company is expanding it's entertainment footprint and acquired DTV. Now here is where it gets really complicated...as an employee of said big letter company, I get DTV AND NFL Sunday Package for...wait for it...FREE!

I couldn't believe my lucky stars! Heck the best employee discount I had was 50% off so nothing to sneeze at but compared to FREE!!!

Just in time for the Rams opener! Now to figure out this new remote.

I thought I would never have the NFL package, cost was always an issue.

Thank you for letting me glot.

Usually when you're a 1st time customer they will give it to you free. Just saying from experience. :cool: They figure you'll get hooked and buy it the next year? Glad for you though my Ram brother. Enjoy, as I'm sure you will.

We got it for free this year too. I called and was going to go to Dish Network (we were serious too). They reduced our bill by $55 and gave us Sunday ticket for free. :cool:

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
It helps if you don't take or accept any other free premium channels during the year. They have so many things. They offer up to 5$ a month if you pay online. Just don't waste any of your free offers during the year as everyone is able to recieve some certain secret amount that obviously changes. You just hang up if things don't seem to be going your way and you get a agent with no compassion. (Very rare that happens). If you have'nt taken any bonus' during the year you are a lock for free NFL. Mention how many times you paid for it, before you learned what I'm telling you. Don't mention you know its free. I also would renew before they start to bill for it. Make you call early and keep it simple year after year.

Never lie. You don't want to and you don't need to. I never reccomend lying ever. You can mention you are aware of the special gifts they have in their secret drawer , that most all agents can give away. They know the hidden language (lingo). Goodluck and know you always have another agent that will work with you. You can mention how things are tight. Hate to sound cheap but these cable companies rip us off even with the NFL package FREE. I don't lose any sleep over it at all. They've made billions off of us and they could'nt have bought AT&T if they had'nt cleaned up bigtime.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Usually when you're a 1st time customer they will give it to you free. Just saying from experience. :cool: They figure you'll get hooked and buy it the next year? Glad for you though my Ram brother. Enjoy, as I'm sure you will.

We got it for free this year too. I called and was going to go to Dish Network (we were serious too). They reduced our bill by $55 and gave us Sunday ticket for free. :cool:

Dagonet, I think you misunderstood, I'm not only getting Sunday Package for free, but DTV Ultimate package for free. It's an employee thing. I just have to pay the taxes and fees, what ever they may be. And this is not for just a year or two years but as long as I keep working here.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Dagonet, I think you misunderstood, I'm not only getting Sunday Package for free, but DTV Ultimate package for free. It's an employee thing. I just have to pay the taxes and fees, what ever they may be. And this is not for just a year or two years but as long as I keep working here.

You work for AT&T? Can you sleep at night? lolol

ohiorams

Rookie
I'll probably have Sunday ticket or nfl package or what ever it's called by week 3. I just moved to Oregon so no haggling this time

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
You work for AT&T? Can you sleep at night? lolol
Funny. To tell you the truth, I started with Pacific Telephone and Telegraph back in 1979. After 36+ years I guess I'm here to stay. It is not the same company (ATT) I hired on with, that is for sure but then again, not many companies would still be in business if they didn't foster and embrace change. I just wish they (corporate) would stop looking for more ways to make money and focus a little more on customer service and value their employees more.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Explain further please
All new customers get free direct TV for the first year as a trial. After the first year then you need to pay. I've been having direct tv for 5 years and all 4 years I've been getting the ticket for free, all you have to do is pretend your going to cancel direct TV cause you don't wanna pay for the ticket.. Tell them if you don't get the NFL package for free your going to a different cable company. So for the last 4 years I have got it for free, or they will lower the price.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Last time I threatened to cancel they sent me to the cancellation department. They called my bluff. They know I want to keep the Sunday ticket and now I pay 30 bucks a month. :mad:
Tell them to give you a discount on the NFL package

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Tell them to give you a discount on the NFL package

I did that yesterday. Finally got someone who didn't call my bluff. I get it free now and they're crediting me the two payments I already made. Pus, they're knocking off 25 bucks just because. I'll have a minimal bill next month, if I owe anything.