Final Version of Helmet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I think your design is outstanding. The shadowing definitely made me do a double take. It has a bit of the look of the Dodgers 3D logos on there batting helmets. With the TV resolutions cranking up even more in the coming years little details like those are going to really stand out.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I want to know what you guys think of this final version of my New Rams Helmet. On the other thread, the blue face mask won the pole, so I went with it. I tried to get the colors as true to the old helmets as possible. I want to know what you guys think of the colors, and the horns with the subtle shadows and highlights. Also the horn shape. I re-drew the curve and I think it fits the helmet nicely. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

TG_Rams_True_Helmet.jpg
I think that's freakin beautiful.Nice Job tklongballs !
Fixed your name.

Rocko

UDFA
I found this on the internet courtesy of Frank151.com. I like the colors on his helmet design. It's a different shade of blue, but it looks good. The horns need to be enlarged, but the white trim on the outside of the horns would be a good mix of old and new colors, and gives more options with the jerseys and pants.

Rocko

UDFA
I think so too Train. I am constantly looking for a new helmet design with different colors for the Rams. I really like the OP's design on the first page. I thought I would really like the blue and white helmet the Rams are wearing this season, but it's just too boring imo. This is the first helmet with the yellow/mustard/gold?, white trim and a blue that pops that I have found that really catches my eye. Imagine the uniforms that could be designed to go with this helmet. The colors of this helmet is a 10 from me (larger horns of course).

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Nothing beats the classic helmet. At least the first sample has thick horns though. Why does a fan "get it" but not the team itself? And this next one is too blinding, like looking into a flashlight coming out of the earhole.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
All I know is, they need to add some texture to those horns.
Make them more .... horn-ey.

s-l1000.jpg

Rocko

UDFA
Nothing beats the classic helmet. At least the first sample has thick horns though. Why does a fan "get it" but not the team itself? And this next one is too blinding, like looking into a flashlight coming out of the earhole.

I also would like the helmet better without the white glare, and as I said in my post above, the larger horns would be a must. The blue reminds me of the blue on the jerseys the Rams had when they played in LA in the 70's through the early 90's.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I sorta like their current ones
I think it would be cool if they outlined the white horns with gold. It would make them bolder and kinda emphasize them.
I'm gonna go change my tampon now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like some of these ideas but my worst fear on some of these really modern bright versions (uniform included) is that our Rams will look more like fishing lures then football players.

I could catch a lunker bass with those Seahawk uni's. There's no doubt.

Name
Pat
Beautiful job, tklongball. I hope the powers-that-be are looking at your work. Being a child of the 80's, I would love to have the team adopt your helmet. Your version is my ideal.

As for the new-uniform concepts suggested above, I'm not a fan. I've never been a fan of the rams head, either retro or post-2000, as I think they are both cartoon-ish, and detract from a classic uniform. Again, I'm biased towards the '80s look, but I love the horns curling around the shoulder pads onto the sleeve- a unique and evocative look.

BTW, this is my very first post. Hello all!

Name
Pat
On the uniform note- looking at my avatar- I wish the Falcons would go back to the red helmets and jerseys (like the Bills reverted back to the old white helmets). The red with black and grey was distinctive and bad-ass, another classic uni.