Final Version of Helmet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to know what you guys think of this final version of my New Rams Helmet. On the other thread, the blue face mask won the pole, so I went with it. I tried to get the colors as true to the old helmets as possible. I want to know what you guys think of the colors, and the horns with the subtle shadows and highlights. Also the horn shape. I re-drew the curve and I think it fits the helmet nicely. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

TG_Rams_True_Helmet.jpg

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I like the shadowing and highlights, it makes the horns pop. The coloring reminds me of the Michigan Wolverines, nothing againt it, just an observation. Awesome job, what did you use to design it?

UtahRam

Rookie
I don't care for the shadows and the highlights. The yellow is also too yellow and needs a hint of magenta. The colors and uniform they wore in the mid 70s will always get my vote.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Used Photoshop. I took a plain helmet, then cut it into layers. One for the shell, one for the inside, one for the hardware, one for the face-mask, etc. Then I drew the curve I wanted for the horns and cut that to a separate layer I shifted the curve for the horn highlight, then shifted it for the horn shadow. Then started messing with the colors. I tried to get the colors as close to the old, Dickerson era helmets as I could.

I have always thought that a highlight and shadow on the horns could really make them pop while staying true to the theme and design of the classic helmet.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm actually a fan of the shadow and highlights. Those are sick. Good job.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care for the shadows and the highlights. The yellow is also too yellow and needs a hint of magenta. The colors and uniform they wore in the mid 70s will always get my vote.
The yellow is tough. Here is the picture I modeled it after. It is an Eric Dickerson game worn helmet. Could be the light in the picture, but I tried to get as true to these colors as I could

43600a_lg.jpeg

HellRam

Starter
It's got a vintage yet new and modern look as well. I'm hoping they go back to the blue and whites. But I gotta say...I like your concept.

If the Rams do go back to the blue and yellow, I don't think it will be the blue/yellow we are use to. Just my guess.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It's got a vintage yet new and modern look as well. I'm hoping they go back to the blue and whites. But I gotta say...I like your concept.

If the Rams do go back to the blue and yellow, I don't think it will be the blue/yellow we are use to. Just my guess.
I have a feeling that the new uniforms will be totally different than any other Rams uniform. Every team that has had a uniform change since NIKE took over has been different from the original, Bucs, Vikes, Jags, Dolphins, Lions. I don't think the change will be as drastic as the Bucs or Jags, but I expect a lot of old timers to upset.

HellRam

Starter
I have a feeling that the new uniforms will be totally different than any other Rams uniform. Every team that has had a uniform change since NIKE took over has been different from the original, Bucs, Vikes, Jags, Dolphins, Lions. I don't think the change will be as drastic as the Bucs or Jags, but I expect a lot of old timers to upset.

Agree.

I like the uniform in your avatar. Haven't seen that one yet. I dig it!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Agree.

I like the uniform in your avatar. Haven't seen that one yet. I dig it!
Thanks, it's from a designers concept, Jesse Alkire, I just changed the yellow to white, I kinda like the whites over yellows. He's got some good uniform concepts.

upload_2017-8-18_1-14-41.png

upload_2017-8-18_1-15-32.png

upload_2017-8-18_1-16-18.png

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Very Nice Work and I know it took time, Traditional with a twist.
Personally I like the horns on @UtahRam Avatar they could maybe be a slight bit narrower but love the wide horns.
Great Work

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's a beautiful graphic and color combination @tklongball. I'd also like to see one with metallic gold, really think that would pop and it would fit LA/Hollyweird too lol.

Love this one too, particularly the shape of the horn. It looks bad@$$, and non-cinnamon-roll-y.

upload_2017-8-18_1-14-41-png.21033

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I love it. Good work. Reminds me of a slightly freshened up version of the unis I originally fell in love with.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No other input/feedback? Thanks to all who have responded. I know not everyone will like it, as we all have our own tastes.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I'm sorry that I'm late to the party..... I love the uni's including the helmet. I feel like it pays homage to the past....but yet still feels slick and new......very modern.... great job....;)

Go Rams........ ;)

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great job! I like what you did with the highlights, it makes the horns look like they are raised off the helmet. I grew up with the blue and white and when they went to yellow and blue it was exciting. I’m liking the current helmet but I wouldn’t be upset if they went back to yellow and blue.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The current helmet is perfect imo. Last year's blue/yellow throwback was perfect too. I pray they don't mess with either.