Final OTA Post Practice Tweets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Myles Simmons ‏@MylesASimmons

OTAs are officially over for the #LARams. Fisher had the players do a couple fun activities today.

On CB Tru Johnson, Fisher said, “If we were going to practice tomorrow, he’s practice tomorrow. That gives you a sense. He’ll be fine."

On injury front, today Fisher said, “I don’t think there will be anybody that’s going to be unable to participate in [training] camp.”

To the writing grind. Stay tuned for #InsideOTAs tonight where I’ll give you my top two standout players from OTAs.

QB Keenum had similar compliments for Cooper today, saying he’s enjoyed throwing to him and that Cooper can make an impact.

Asked Fisher about WR Cooper today. He said the rookie has picked up O well and likely will be a “household name” sooner than later.

Fisher said Goff and Mannion will likely both get reps with 1s during camp. As expected, Fisher said Goff will start when he’s ready.

Not that it’s much of a surprise, but Fisher said Keenum will enter training camp as the starter at QB.

First, players switched positions for a bit in individual drills. DL did WR drills and vice versa. LBs did RB drills, etc.

Then at the end of practice, OL and DL competed in a punt catching competition. DL won 3-2. As you might guess, there were a bunch of drops.

================

Lindsey Thiry ‏@LindseyThiry

"Nothing against St. Louis but it's easy to get guys to stay here [in the offseason]," #Rams QB Case Keenum says.

Case Keenum says he's really liked throwing the ball to rookie receiver Pharoh Cooper.

Case Keenum says he got a lot more first-team reps during OTAs then he ever has during spring ball. Says it was really beneficial for him.

Jeff Fisher says reps will be changed up during training camp but that Case Keenum remains the #Rams starter.

#Rams DB Trumaine Johnson "will be fine," Fisher says. Johnson was hurt in a collision late last week.

Jeff Fisher says he's pleased with the progress of Jared Goff and says he's flourished as he's worked his way up the chart. #Rams

Rough way to end OTAs for #Rams rookie QB Jared Goff today. He threw five interceptions between 7v7 and 11v11.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Myles Simmons ‏@MylesASimmons

OTAs are officially over for the #LARams. Fisher had the players do a couple fun activities today.

On CB Tru Johnson, Fisher said, “If we were going to practice tomorrow, he’s practice tomorrow. That gives you a sense. He’ll be fine."

On injury front, today Fisher said, “I don’t think there will be anybody that’s going to be unable to participate in [training] camp.”

To the writing grind. Stay tuned for #InsideOTAs tonight where I’ll give you my top two standout players from OTAs.

QB Keenum had similar compliments for Cooper today, saying he’s enjoyed throwing to him and that Cooper can make an impact.

Asked Fisher about WR Cooper today. He said the rookie has picked up O well and likely will be a “household name” sooner than later.

Fisher said Goff and Mannion will likely both get reps with 1s during camp. As expected, Fisher said Goff will start when he’s ready.

Not that it’s much of a surprise, but Fisher said Keenum will enter training camp as the starter at QB.

First, players switched positions for a bit in individual drills. DL did WR drills and vice versa. LBs did RB drills, etc.

Then at the end of practice, OL and DL competed in a punt catching competition. DL won 3-2. As you might guess, there were a bunch of drops.

================

Lindsey Thiry ‏@LindseyThiry

"Nothing against St. Louis but it's easy to get guys to stay here [in the offseason]," #Rams QB Case Keenum says.

Case Keenum says he's really liked throwing the ball to rookie receiver Pharoh Cooper.

Case Keenum says he got a lot more first-team reps during OTAs then he ever has during spring ball. Says it was really beneficial for him.

Jeff Fisher says reps will be changed up during training camp but that Case Keenum remains the #Rams starter.

#Rams DB Trumaine Johnson "will be fine," Fisher says. Johnson was hurt in a collision late last week.

Jeff Fisher says he's pleased with the progress of Jared Goff and says he's flourished as he's worked his way up the chart. #Rams

Rough way to end OTAs for #Rams rookie QB Jared Goff today. He threw five interceptions between 7v7 and 11v11.

5 interceptions? Jesus. But yeah, that's "flourishing". :headexplosion:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As long as Jared leans from every pick thrown, I am OK with this. He seems like a smart young man, so I expect he will. Hopefully it means he is taking some chances and being aggressive with the ball. An Anti-Sam if you will.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As long as Jared leans from every pick thrown, I am OK with this. He seems like a smart young man, so I expect he will. Hopefully it means he is taking some chances and being aggressive with the ball. An Anti-Sam if you will.

Better to throw them now !!

Jered Goff was to take First teams reps & split them with Mannion ? Case Keenen is the starter ? So three starting QB's ?

Best quote was about Pharoh Cooper !! This kid is going to be special !!
I'll say it till I'm blue in the face

Pharaoh Cooper is going to be first team rookie of the year at WR .

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
5 interceptions? Jesus. But yeah, that's "flourishing". :headexplosion:
As long as he doesn't make the same mistake twice, I'm OK with him getting his mistakes out of the way, in Training Camp!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Let him shit the bed in practice. I don't mind.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
We can't read anything into OTA"S, have to wait for TC before we can make any kind a relevant evaluations.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think, what would really signify Goff as a transcendent QB is if he comes to training camp and those interceptions drop precipitously. It will really show his ability to digest and process at a franchise QB level where change happens week to week as opposed to month to month or year to year for a young QB.

If he continues to make the interceptions... it may not be a sign that he's a lost cause but it probably is a sign that he's far from ready to start the season as our one.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Anyone basing Goff off of OTA's needs to calm their tits. First rookie practices in shorts while learning the playbook with many rookie wr's and te's? yea lets base him off that(and no this isnt really about people from ROD), but many comments and analysts are bashing him cause he isnt Peyton Manning in his prime during his first OTA. Hate this time of year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone basing Goff off of OTA's needs to calm their tits. First rookie practices in shorts while learning the playbook with many rookie wr's and te's? yea lets base him off that(and no this isnt really about people from ROD), but many comments and analysts are bashing him cause he isnt Peyton Manning in his prime during his first OTA. Hate this time of year.

Haha, really? There are people bashing him? A rookie throwing ints in otas? Some people need to get a life.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Haha, really? There are people bashing him? A rookie throwing ints in otas? Some people need to get a life.

Check out this link
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-jared-goff-nowhere-near-being-ready-to-start

He states first not to take OTA's seriously, then goes on to bash Goff for his performance in OTA's. Bases all comments off one OTA practice. And the comments on it are just beyond stupid. One said "Goff would be a 3rd rounder in any other draft". Also another article from NFL.com used Wyches assessment to put Goff as a loser rookie loser from OTA's because he didnt light up the world.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Check out this link
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-jared-goff-nowhere-near-being-ready-to-start

He states first not to take OTA's seriously, then goes on to bash Goff for his performance in OTA's. Bases all comments off one OTA practice. And the comments on it are just beyond stupid. One said "Goff would be a 3rd rounder in any other draft". Also another article from NFL.com used Wyches assessment to put Goff as a loser rookie loser from OTA's because he didnt light up the world.

Ohh man. The Internet has ruined sports journalism.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Anyone basing Goff off of OTA's needs to calm their tits.

Panic.gif

:help: