Final Full Squad Minicamp Underway/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Yes, it was a total cluster fuck, and it was a million things that went wrong. That has been covered. The blame should be absorbed equally. Dumb luck needs to cease.

In retrospect, McD shouldn't have been hired, but I don't think it's fair to say he didn't want to protect the QB. Look at the protection in New England. It was better than Shurmer has ever done. We're talking about different things, about line coach, player talent, and injuries. Shurmer just knew his offensive line's limitations better, I think that is fair to say. But it, and the way Shurmer ran it was just a far different system. Of course in the offense he ran it would protect the QB, but can it score points??? Shurmer's inept offense last year made Holmgen hire an offensive coordinator this year in Cleveland. They looked just like we did, when he was here.

It's all in the past now.
Well, obviously he wanted to "protect" the QB. That's not what I mean. I mean, arrange the offense so that it's a priority. Like what we hear constantly preached this year. All the different things involved in keeping the QB clean. As you already know, having a QB in the same system for years and years and years requires less of that "focus" on QB protection. But, as we also know, Bradford was just a sophomore. Don't heap tons of new shit on him just because he says he "understands" it. Because even if he does completely understand it, there's still 10 other guys who need to as well. Sight adjustments, line calls, etc, all of that requires the cooperation of other players, and TONS of reps to get it right.

Bleh. Anyway. Fuck it. It's over.

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
It's over.

What is football like without massive extensive season-killing injuries?

Anyone remember?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
X said:
It's over.

What is football like without massive extensive season-killing injuries?

Anyone remember?
4fd8f7b4ec8d83699700002.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Yes, it was a total cluster fuck, and it was a million things that went wrong. That has been covered. The blame should be absorbed equally. Dumb luck needs to cease.

In retrospect, McD shouldn't have been hired, but I don't think it's fair to say he didn't want to protect the QB. Look at the protection in New England. It was better than Shurmer has ever done. We're talking about different things, about line coach, player talent, and injuries. Shurmer just knew his offensive line's limitations better, I think that is fair to say. But it, and the way Shurmer ran it was just a far different system. Of course in the offense he ran it would protect the QB, but can it score points??? Shurmer's inept offense last year made Holmgen hire an offensive coordinator this year in Cleveland. They looked just like we did, when he was here.

It's all in the past now.
Well, obviously he wanted to "protect" the QB. That's not what I mean. I mean, arrange the offense so that it's a priority. Like what we hear constantly preached this year. All the different things involved in keeping the QB clean. As you already know, having a QB in the same system for years and years and years requires less of that "focus" on QB protection. But, as we also know, Bradford was just a sophomore. Don't heap tons of new shit on him just because he says he "understands" it. Because even if he does completely understand it, there's still 10 other guys who need to as well. Sight adjustments, line calls, etc, all of that requires the cooperation of other players, and TONS of reps to get it right.

Bleh. Anyway. Fuck it. It's over.

Brady was a rookie. That system worked because they had good coaching, and talented, experienced, and healthy lineman to execute it....AND the receivers knew where to be, etc. Everyone on the same page. We WERE not on the same page for MANY different reasons/excuses. Again...covered.

Now, back to the present...I like the looks of what we have. Fisher has assembled a very good staff, and Fisher will allow them to coach, because there is massive trust there. They can preach all they want about protecting the QB, but the players have to execute it. Bajema, Smith, and Goldberg, among others were unable to do that. They simply could not block a man that was right in front of them. I have documented this numerous times. I don't think this staff will allow that to repeatedly happen this year. There is reason that they didn't bring guys back in. I'm glad they are giving Smith another chance, but that's it I hope...ONE more chance.

This staff made good changes, IMO, so far. They kept the only lineman from a rag tag group that I personally liked who showed potential. They let everyone else walk, and then brought in some vets to compete and then drafted a big Rok. I think we will see some major improvements this year.