File this under "DUH"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sources: Rams decide to deal 2nd pick

[espn]7622118[/espn]

By Adam Schefter | ESPN
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/ ... ources-say

The St. Louis Rams have decided to trade the No. 2 pick, league sources said Monday.

According to sources, the Rams already have had trade discussions with the Cleveland Browns (No. 4), Washington Redskins (No. 6) and Miami Dolphins (No. 8), each of whom is scheduled to pick in the top eight in April's draft.

The Rams, who already have quarterback and 2010 top pick Sam Bradford, also have discussed a potential trade with teams outside the top 10, according to a source, but it will be challenging for one to surrender enough compensation to vault to the second overall pick.

The Rams are seeking a deal similar to what the San Diego Chargers got for the rights to 2004 top overall pick Eli Manning, sources said Monday.

Manning was selected by the Chargers with the No. 1 overall pick in 2004 and traded to the New York Giants for two first-round picks, a third-round pick and a fifth-round choice.

With those picks, the Chargers ended up adding quarterback Philip Rivers, linebacker Shawne Merriman and kicker Nate Kaeding, all of whom have made multiple Pro Bowls.

The team that trades up to No. 2 on April 26 will likely select either quarterback Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III.

St. Louis' second overall choice became the focal point after RG3's sterling effort at the combine in Indianapolis on Sunday cemented Griffin and Luck as the likely top two overall picks on April 26.

While neither Luck nor Griffin decided to throw at the Indianapolis event, Griffin was officially clocked at 4.41 in the 40-yard dash, while Luck came in at 4.67. Luck also put his versatility on display Sunday. His broad jump (10 feet, 4 inches) was two inches short of quarterback Cam Newton 's best in 2011, and Luck's vertical jump (36 inches) was better than Newton's (35). Griffin was better than Luck in the vertical jump (39 inches) but fell short in the broad jump (10 feet).

The Indianapolis Colts, who hold the No. 1 pick, have said they will draft a successor to quarterback Peyton Manning with the top pick.

Among the teams Griffin interviewed with in Indianapolis were Miami, Washington, Minnesota and Kansas City. He said all went well, including his talk with Indianapolis executives trying to decide what to do with Manning and that top pick.

Adam Schefter is an NFL Insider for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

paceram

Pro Bowler
When I first read this I thought I was reading something off of the HISTORY CHANNEL!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wait, wait. Neither Luck or RG3 are gonna throw, but they are expected to be 1, 2 respectively. Blackmon doesn't run 40 yards in a straight line, and all of a sudden, he takes a bunch of heat for it?

Anyway, I hope it's w/ Cleveland. 2 1st rounders this year...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i hope it's the browns as well. claiborne will be the man and the rams d will be formidable.

unless fisher thinks richardson can be his eddie george. but he already has that in jackson.

claiborne will be the pick at #4.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
kurtfaulk said:

i hope it's the browns as well. claiborne will be the man and the rams d will be formidable.

unless fisher thinks richardson can be his eddie george. but he already has that in jackson.

claiborne will be the pick at #4.

If it's the Browns, I'm guessing Blackmon unless Kalil somehow slides to #4. If it's Washington (assuming Blackmon is gone) I think it'll be Trent Richardson or Claiborne.

In either case, I can't believe this is "breaking news" to anyone who was paying even remote attention. The only thing that intrigues me (and I wrote a question to Nick in his chats about this) is whether the team has actually agreed to a trade with someone, under the auspices that if someone else wows them with an offer they'll take it.