Fifteen undrafted rookies at Rams minicamp/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just curious on who other Rams Fans top 5 UDFA's are. As of now I would rate mine like this:
1) DT Louis Trinca-Past (Iowa) - Will not be at all surprised to see him make the Rams final roster!
2) CB Imoan Claiborne (Northwestern State) - Looks really good in coverage and pretty solid in tackling as well.
3) RB Malcolm Brown (Texas) - Looks to be a very aggressive runner always fighting for those extra yards!
4) S Jason Hagen (Liberty) - Excellent size and had a great senior year although it was not the best of competition.
5) LB Cameron Lynch (Syracuse) - Probably not the biggest LB out there but he sure looked passionate and aggressive
on the videoclips I have seen.

*My Darkhorse! WR Isiah Ferguson - 6'6 with pretty good speed! Played at a small school but it won't shock me if he
surprises some people and at least makes the Rams PS!

There is a certain Wide Receiver that plays for the Giants that also went to a small school and he has been pretty good since hitting the NFL.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brown working for role with Rams
By Nate Latsch

http://stl.scout.com/story/1545527-brown-working-for-role-with-rams?s=124

ST. LOUIS — Malcolm Brown is ready to work and ready to learn and the former Texas running back is aiming to be the next undrafted free agent to earn a job with the Rams.

Jeff Fisher’s club has had two undrafted free agent running backs make the roster in the past two seasons in Benny Cunningham out of Middle Tennessee State in 2013 and Trey Watts out of Tulsa in 2014.

The Rams were the first team to call Brown, he said, after he was not selected during the three-day, seven-round draft. Brown spoke with Rams running backs coach Ray Sherman about an opportunity to continue his career in St. Louis.

“I sat down with my family and talked with my agent and tried to make the best decision possible,” Brown said. “I talked to Coach Sherman as well, the running backs coach. I talked to him and he said the best guy is going to get the best chance and as a rookie of course you’re going to come play special teams. My whole mindset is I’m going to work hard and just leave the results up to God.”

There was the 5-foot-11, 224-pound Brown on Friday and Saturday, wearing the No. 39 made popular by Steven Jackson in St. Louis, working with the other Rams’ rookies as part of the team’s rookie orientation program.

Brown is one of three rookie running backs on the St. Louis roster this offseason, joined by first-round pick Todd Gurley and fellow undrafted free agent Terrence Franks of Texas State.

If Brown is going to make the roster out of training camp, he’ll likely have to beat out Franks and Watts for one of the team’s running back spots. Watts appeared in 14 games as a rookie in 2014, mostly on special teams, but rushed for 30 yards on seven carries and caught three passes for another 18 yards.

Brown said just being on an NFL roster is a blessing in itself.

He said he knew he was projected as a late-round draft pick or an undrafted free agent. When he wasn’t drafted, he and his family and agent went about charting his next course. Now, with the Rams, he’s looking to make the most of his opportunity.

“I just want to come in here and work hard,” he said. “No matter who is in front of me or who is in place, I want to come in here and work hard and find a role on this team — whether it be special teams — and hopefully get to play in some games some day. Just come in here and work and find a role.”

He knows special teams will be a way to help him make the team.

“It’s going to be a little bit of an adjustment,” Brown said. “I did a lot of it in spring ball and during training camp and stuff and eventually I’d get taken off. I definitely have a little bit of experience but to come up here and work on it constantly it’s going to be a little bit of an adjustment but it’s definitely something I’m looking forward to because I’ve always thought special teams were pretty exciting.”

Brown had a significant role during his four years with the Longhorns, leading UT in rushing as a freshman, junior and senior.

He was a five-star recruit at Steele High School in Texas and rated by Scout.com as the second-best running back prospect in the Class of 2011 — behind only Isaiah Crowell, who is now with the Cleveland Browns — and the ninth-best prospect nationally.

At Texas, Brown went on to rush for 2,678 yards and 24 touchdowns and catch 51 passes for 382 yards and three scores.

Now in the NFL, he’s hoping he can follow a similar path to success as another Longhorns product that wasn’t drafted.

Priest Holmes went from signing as an undrafted free agent to racking up four 1,000-yard seasons and three Pro Bowl selections during his 10 NFL seasons with the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs.

“You’ve got a lot of running backs that played at Texas, didn’t do a whole bunch but came into the NFL and did some things,” Brown said. “If I can follow in those footsteps, it would be great for me.”

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Brown working for role with Rams
By Nate Latsch

http://stl.scout.com/story/1545527-brown-working-for-role-with-rams?s=124

ST. LOUIS — Malcolm Brown is ready to work and ready to learn and the former Texas running back is aiming to be the next undrafted free agent to earn a job with the Rams.

Jeff Fisher’s club has had two undrafted free agent running backs make the roster in the past two seasons in Benny Cunningham out of Middle Tennessee State in 2013 and Trey Watts out of Tulsa in 2014.

The Rams were the first team to call Brown, he said, after he was not selected during the three-day, seven-round draft. Brown spoke with Rams running backs coach Ray Sherman about an opportunity to continue his career in St. Louis.

“I sat down with my family and talked with my agent and tried to make the best decision possible,” Brown said. “I talked to Coach Sherman as well, the running backs coach. I talked to him and he said the best guy is going to get the best chance and as a rookie of course you’re going to come play special teams. My whole mindset is I’m going to work hard and just leave the results up to God.”

There was the 5-foot-11, 224-pound Brown on Friday and Saturday, wearing the No. 39 made popular by Steven Jackson in St. Louis, working with the other Rams’ rookies as part of the team’s rookie orientation program.

Brown is one of three rookie running backs on the St. Louis roster this offseason, joined by first-round pick Todd Gurley and fellow undrafted free agent Terrence Franks of Texas State.

If Brown is going to make the roster out of training camp, he’ll likely have to beat out Franks and Watts for one of the team’s running back spots. Watts appeared in 14 games as a rookie in 2014, mostly on special teams, but rushed for 30 yards on seven carries and caught three passes for another 18 yards.

Brown said just being on an NFL roster is a blessing in itself.

He said he knew he was projected as a late-round draft pick or an undrafted free agent. When he wasn’t drafted, he and his family and agent went about charting his next course. Now, with the Rams, he’s looking to make the most of his opportunity.

“I just want to come in here and work hard,” he said. “No matter who is in front of me or who is in place, I want to come in here and work hard and find a role on this team — whether it be special teams — and hopefully get to play in some games some day. Just come in here and work and find a role.”

He knows special teams will be a way to help him make the team.

“It’s going to be a little bit of an adjustment,” Brown said. “I did a lot of it in spring ball and during training camp and stuff and eventually I’d get taken off. I definitely have a little bit of experience but to come up here and work on it constantly it’s going to be a little bit of an adjustment but it’s definitely something I’m looking forward to because I’ve always thought special teams were pretty exciting.”

Brown had a significant role during his four years with the Longhorns, leading UT in rushing as a freshman, junior and senior.

He was a five-star recruit at Steele High School in Texas and rated by Scout.com as the second-best running back prospect in the Class of 2011 — behind only Isaiah Crowell, who is now with the Cleveland Browns — and the ninth-best prospect nationally.

At Texas, Brown went on to rush for 2,678 yards and 24 touchdowns and catch 51 passes for 382 yards and three scores.

Now in the NFL, he’s hoping he can follow a similar path to success as another Longhorns product that wasn’t drafted.

Priest Holmes went from signing as an undrafted free agent to racking up four 1,000-yard seasons and three Pro Bowl selections during his 10 NFL seasons with the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs.

“You’ve got a lot of running backs that played at Texas, didn’t do a whole bunch but came into the NFL and did some things,” Brown said. “If I can follow in those footsteps, it would be great for me.”

What the hell, dude? Ben Sirmans is the running backs coach. Ray Sherman coaches the wide receivers. For fate's sake, is it that hard to write an article that has facts in it?!