Ficken Clutch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I haven't seen much about our emergency kicker, in the after-math of the Rams disappointing loss to the Falcons. Sam Ficken made every kick he was asked to make, after his initial missed field goal and extra point against the Titans, week 16.

Although there was nothing much beyond 35 yards, his kicks were clutch, and though many waited for the big miss, Sam Ficken's kicks were true.

I am as anxious to get Greg Zuerlein back as anyone on this board, but a well deserved hat's off to Sam Ficken.

Ellard80

Legend
I thought about making a post about him also.

He came in and did his job admirably. He should feel good.

Not sure I could honestly use the word "clutch" however.

Psycho_X

Legend
He definitely tightened it up after those first two misses at Tennessee. He deserves a camp invite at the very least from some team looking for a kicker this offseason. But he also didn't get much of a chance to really prove himself so not sure it'll be enough. It would have been interesting if Higbee actually caught a damn pass in the endzone because Ficken would have had to try an onside kick... that would have been interesting.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure I could honestly use the word "clutch" however

Any kick is clutch under the pressure of playoffs. I would love to have seen a long kick, or the onside, as well, but he made the kicks he was asked to make. I'll call it clutch.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Happy for him, hope he does well unless he ends up with a division rival.

Ram65

Legend
He did fine. Gets himself a look next year. He now has playoff experience.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Has more playoff points that GZ.

That said I hope Greg recovers and is ready next season

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
All the best to him. Hope he gets a look in somewhere.
He couldn't have been thrown in any deeper than he was and came on well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Best of luck to Ficken. He's got a future in the NFL. He won't have to go back to his brokerage firm.