Few pictures from Day 1 rookie minicamp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
tempRookie_Minicamp__069--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Austin

tempRookie_Minicamp__072--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Austin working on returns

tempRookie_Minicamp__059--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Bailey

tempRookie_Minicamp__073--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Bailey again

tempRookie_Minicamp__084--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Austin grabbing a deep passes

tempRookie_Minicamp__088--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Bailey working the side line (yes he caught it)

tempRookie_Minicamp__118--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

TJ McDonald working on interceptions

tempRookie_Minicamp__137--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Olgetree jumps a route for a pick

tempRookie_Minicamp__034--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

A little preview for the upcoming throwback switch perhaps?

141 pictures total here for those who want to see them all.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/photo-gallery/Rookie-Minicamp-Photos/f8958690-f4cd-42b9-960f-ea2a885b4142#c25a2b4c-cf69-4416-a388-68e212a81a67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... e212a81a67</a>

A55VA6

Legend
Read the blog on the official site, I guess Ogletree got an interception on the first play in practice. Nice to hear.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, he did.

Rams Get Rookie Minicamp Underway
Posted by nickwagoner on May 10, 2013 – 11:34 PM

- Although it hasn’t been but a few months or so, it seems like it’s been much longer but the Rams – at least the junior version of them – were back on the field Friday afternoon for the first on field practice session of this weekend’s rookie minicamp.

- Scheduled to appear were 56 rookies, 7 draft picks, 22 undrafted free agents and 27 tryout players.

- Of course, there were a couple of notable adjustments to that list on Friday afternoon.

- Running back Zac Stacy, the team’s fifth-round pick out of Vanderbilt will not arrive until late afternoon tomorrow. He’s got one of the best excuses of all, though: he’s graduating from one of the nation’s finest academic institutes. No worries, though, he’ll be here soon enough.

- As expected OL Barrett Jones, the fourth-round pick out of Alabama, is not participating this week as he still recovers from a foot injury. Coach Jeff Fisher said he’ll continue to participate in meetings and absorbing the playbook as he works on his physical rehab. The same goes for undrafted free agent RB Benjamin Cunningham from Middle Tennessee State. He’s still coming back from a left knee injury.

- Everyone else was present and accounted for.

- Fisher made it clear after practice that this weekend is a bit different because you have two groups: the players that are signed and set to be here for camp and the tryout players. So the goal is to get everyone some work in the classroom and with the playbook and then see how they translate that work to the field. It’s a key part in the evaluation. But with roster spots still available, Fisher said it’s likely the Rams will sign their share of tryout players to the 90-man roster.

- In an effort to help differentiate the players, there was some trickery with jersey numbers. For instance, there’s a tryout DT wearing No. 8 and a tryout WR wearing No. 21. Basically, the idea was to allow for the tryout players to be more easily identified for their evaluations.

- On the field, most of the work done Friday was individual before a session of 7 on 7 at the end.

- After some rainfall this afternoon, the Rams dealt with a slippery field but there were some nice moments for a few players.

- [hil]Fisher noted that first-round pick LB Alec Ogletree picked off a pass in his very first snap in one on one
drills against tight ends. Ogletree looked like the athlete everyone expected and it appears he’s going to get his first look at this level at SLB.[/hil]

- [hil]Rookie WRs Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey also came as advertised, flashing the slippery route running skills and speed you’d expect[/hil]. This is their first practice so it’s hard to try to glean too much from anything that occurs.

- Bailey was asked why he opted to wear No. 12, if it was something of a plan he had to be sequential with Austin. He said since he couldn’t wear his college number (3), he wanted to find something else he liked. He said he spoke to Jets QB and his WVU QB Geno Smith and when Smith informed him that he wouldn’t be able to wear his college number (12) in New York, Bailey told him he’d hold it down for him in St. Louis.

- I’ll have more on S Cody Davis of Texas Tech this weekend but had a good conversation with the talented free safety. Asked why he wasn’t drafted, Davis said maybe he’s too “bland” but wasn’t really sure why his college production and workout numbers (he ran a 4.37 40-yard dash at the Houston regional combine) wasn’t enough. He said he had a number of offers to play for various teams but opted for the place he felt like he could potentially win a spot.

- Davis also discussed his blog, which can be found at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thestudentofthegame.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thestudentofthegame.blogspot.com</a> . He said he’s not passionate about writing but wanted to give fans a perspective from the player. For what it’s worth, he apologizes for his infrequent posting and promises to do better. Also, for the record, while Davis says he’s “bland,” I’d argue that a 4.37 40 isn’t bland and neither is a guy with a blog featuring pictures of he and his wife with the likes of Snoop Dogg (Lion?) and Frank Caliendo. Check it out if you get a chance.

- Another interesting member of the rookie class is local product CB Robert Steeples. Steeples is from St. Louis and spent a chunk of his college career at Mizzou. He grew up a huge Rams fan and noted that he always wanted to be a cornerback so his favorite Ram when he was a kid wasn’t the usual Faulk or Warner or Bruce. Instead, he was a big fan of CB Todd Lyght. Will have more on him tomorrow also but he noted that before the draft he and his agent made it a point to make a list of the 15 teams where he’d fit the best and have a chance to make the roster. The No. 1 choice? St. Louis.

- [hil]Ray Ray Armstrong is working exclusively at weakside linebacker here and said he believes the transition will be relatively easy. He played some LB in high school and said playing there isn’t much different from working as an in the box type of safety[/hil]. He said what happened in the past is no longer a worry of his and he’s focusing on doing what’s necessary to make the roster.

- For the record, the two players serving as the quarterbacks this weekend are both tryout players: Mitchell Gale of Abilene Christian and Timothy Jenkins of Fort Lewis.

- Rams WR Nick Johnson attended practice for awhile but he’s not participating. Instead, he’s here to support his fellow Henderson State Reddies brethren. The Rams actually have four players from Henderson State here on a tryout basis. That quartet is hoping to join Johnson on the active roster. Johnson came in as an undrafted rookie last year and then spent the year on the practice squad.

- Off to write for tonight. Plenty more on the way. Thanks for reading.

<a class="postlink" href="http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2013/05/10/rams-get-rookie-minicamp-underway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2013/05/10/ ... -underway/</a>

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'd mug Demoff in the parking lot for that hoodie. I would feel awful and the next Q and A there might be a little bit of awkwardness..... but for that it would be worth it.

That is one sweet piece of gear and I am not a gear type of guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
DeaconJ said:
Demhoff's rollin' with an old Cleveland Ram head there.......cool!

I think that logo got used in LA too. I used to have a coffee cup with all the unis and logos on it. I think I threw it into the woods behind my house during the 2002 season....maybe week 4 or 5 I dunno.

It's a great looking hoodie and I'd love it even though I'm not into team gear all that much. But that looks awesome.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DeaconJ said:
Demhoff's rollin' with an old Cleveland Ram head there.......cool!

Its blue and white too....

:hehe:

I think he supports changing to those colours. Woot Woot!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have an old pennant from one of the 1st yr's in L.A., and it has that logo on it

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Thanks Blue!!

I love every minute of the next 4 months. Although can't wait until the season is actually here.

had

Rookie
There seems to be a lot of interest in this Cody Davis kid around here. Something about a 4.40 40. I watched some youtube of him and he looks like a very solid football player. He also doesn't act like he won the lottery every time he makes a play. Very workman like. Seems there's a kid like this every year who didn't get drafted and you wonder why. Maybe this kid can make some noise.

Anyway, in the write up at the beginning of this post, there's a mention about his blog:

Davis also discussed his blog, which can be found at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thestudentofthegame.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thestudentofthegame.blogspot.com</a>

Anybody check that out?

I was thinking it would be cool if everyone here who's pulling for the kid posted some encouragement on the blog. A bunch of old Rams fans pulling for the kid could make some difference. Who knows.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's my favorite set of pictures from Day 2.

Bailey and McDonald going head to head.

tempRookie_Minicamp_Day2_063--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRookie_Minicamp_Day2_064--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempRookie_Minicamp_Day2_065--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Full set here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/photo-gallery/Rookie-Minicamp-Photos---Day-2/112e6627-225a-4318-9087-226e761a2811#b8594626-90b9-418a-ba7e-b21475309bfe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 1475309bfe</a>

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah great catch with a hand in the face. I heard he made quite a few great catches today.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
bwdenverram said:
Thanks Blue!!

I love every minute of the next 4 months. Although can't wait until the season is actually here.

I feel the same way!! Of course the season is awesome, but I LOVE all the reports and pictures from camps, and seeing players progress and wondering how it'll translate in the season. Exciting! And this year I'll get to go to a few days of camp! :)
(I'm on the west coast

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
libertadrocks said:
LesBaker said:
I'd mug Demoff in the parking lot for that hoodie. I would feel awful and the next Q and A there might be a little bit of awkwardness..... but for that it would be worth it.

Or you could just buy it... lol

http://www.modells.com/product/st._...ogleshopping&gclid=CLjp_eSejrcCFaxaMgodMgEA8A

Hopefully you're a size small though ...... :nono: :nono: :nono: Thats all I can find

That sounds like a lot less fun and would be not all that great of a story to tell years from now.

"Yeah, I logged right the fuck on and ordered that shit in a size that I can't even wear PLUS paid for overnight shipping" versus breaking through security and carjacking KD for the hoodie and wearing it home.

I figure if I get some of those diapers like that whacked out astronaut lady had I can rent a car and be there just about when practice closes down tomorrow.....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
libertadrocks said:
LesBaker said:

http://www.modells.com/product/st._...ogleshopping&gclid=CLjp_eSejrcCFaxaMgodMgEA8A

Hopefully you're a size small though ...... :nono: :nono: :nono: Thats all I can find

That sounds like a lot less fun and would be not all that great of a story to tell years from now.

"Yeah, I logged right the fuck on and ordered that shit in a size that I can't even wear PLUS paid for overnight shipping" versus breaking through security and carjacking KD for the hoodie and wearing it home.

I figure if I get some of those diapers like that whacked out astronaut lady had I can rent a car and be there just about when practice closes down tomorrow.....
Now THAT'S a story.

Make it happen and quit sitting around fantasizing about it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:
libertadrocks said:
LesBaker said:

Now THAT'S a story.

Make it happen and quit sitting around fantasizing about it.

I'm diaper shopping now.....any tips?