Female ref to work Lions-Ram game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Shannon Eastin slated to work Lions-Rams opener
By Dan Hanzus
Writer

Published: Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:46 a.m. Updated: Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:20 p.m

120809-Shannon_Eastin-AP17221317795_620x350.jpg

If replacement referees remain entrenched by Week 1 of the regular season, Shannon Eastin will make NFL history once again.

Earlier this month, Eastin, 42, became the first female to work on an officiating crew in the preseason. On Sept. 9, she's scheduled to be on the field when the Detroit Lions host the St. Louis Rams, according to Mike Jurecki of Xtra Sports 910 (via ProFootballTalk.com).

Eastin is a referee in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, college football's second-highest level, and a 16-year veteran of officiating. Her cap worn in her preseason debut was sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The caveat to all this is the possibility locked-out officials and the NFL strike a deal before next week. In that case, history will have to wait, and Eastin's association with replacement officials likely will preclude her from ever making it to the game's highest level.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @danhanzus.

NFL.com

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
By Dan Hanzus
Writer

If replacement referees remain entrenched by Week 1 of the regular season, Shannon Eastin will make NFL history once again.

Earlier this month, Eastin, 42, became the first female to work on an officiating crew in the preseason. On Sept. 9, she's scheduled to be on the field when the Detroit Lions host the St. Louis Rams, according to Mike Jurecki of Xtra Sports 910 (via ProFootballTalk.com).

Eastin is a referee in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, college football's second-highest level, and a 16-year veteran of officiating. Her cap worn in her preseason debut was sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The caveat to all this is the possibility locked-out officials and the NFL strike a deal before next week. In that case, history will have to wait, and Eastin's association with replacement officials likely will preclude her from ever making it to the game's highest level.

NFL.com
They may not be good refs, but at least they're not sexist refs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep... more bias by the NFL. Check out the crew that will be reffing the patsies' first game.

sexy-referees-440x220.jpg

What's up with that?

PhxRam

RamFan503 said:
Yep... more bias by the NFL. Check out the crew that will be reffing the patsies' first game.

What's up with that?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Head referee for the game this weekend! :notworthy:

Diva-Kelly-Kelly-Referee-Dress-Pictures.jpg

cfin5256

Rookie
RamFan503 said:

What's up with that?

:shock:

Can I give them their pre-game 'briefing'? And it would be brief.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
PhxRam said:
RamFan503 said:

What's up with that?

Nah man
It's
ya gotta block out the hair with your fingers like the old dog does in the bar scene from Hall Pass.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Impossible to rate without seeing the lower half.

The one on the far right looks like she could be kinda thick.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
RamFan503 said:

What's up with that?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I really couldn't care less who the refs are. All I want is for them to be competent and make the right call. If she's competent (sixteen years in college football shows that she's at least experienced), then I don't have a problem with her.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Iron Lion said:
RamFan503 said:

What's up with that?

Yeah - think I gotta go with that ranking. King is right of course though - or as the saying goes, you really don't know what you got with the clothes on.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
bluecoconuts said:
By Dan Hanzus
Writer

Eastin is a referee in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, college football's second-highest level, and a 16-year veteran of officiating.Her cap worn in her preseason debut was sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

NFL.com

I would have asked for her bra too if I was the Curator of the HOF. Just for fun....it would be an interesting display.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
RamFan503 said:

What's up with that?
2,1,3,4 or
4213 or
3421 or
fuck it. You got it right, Les.

GO RAMS!!!!