Fearless prediction: this is a playoff team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With camp due to kick off next week and all the spin we are seeing with regards to offseason moves and the draft and the media proclaiming winners and losers, etc., etc., etc., it's time to call this team what it is: a team that is going to make the playoffs.

Disclaimer: I realize I can end up looking really dumb if this team tanks, but it wouldn't be the first time I look really dumb so no big loss there. And I just don't see that happening. So I'm all in.

The Rams are going to have a top 5-10 defense. The running game will be explosive. They are going to have strong QB play off of play action, taking shots downfield to a group of pass catchers that is short on production but long on talent. I do not see it as a stretch to think this offense might be solid, but even if they finish around 20th the playoffs are going to happen based on that defense alone. Lastly, they will have strong special teams with good field position along with some big plays to help them steal 2-3 wins along the way.

Playoffs. It's gonna happen. Bank that shiite and buckle up Rams fans, because you're in for our best season in a long time.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
I'll drink the koolaid. If Foles can produce, we get a healthy gurley, and the defense picks up where they left off last year, then this is a playoff team.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It would take seriously bad luck to screw up this coming season to the point that it wasn't our best in years, even when I imagine the o-line struggling and Gurley not playing.

I feel like this team is a 10 win bunch. I can see them under-performing at times and STILL hitting 10 wins, warts and all.

In the years before Fisher, if we lost our QB and LT for the season, we get a 3-13(+/-1) record and a #2 pick......
Since Fish, we've become a 7-9 team under those same conditions. Wrecked by injuries to key positions, we're still better for 4 more games per year, (no I dont stand by those numbers, nor do I suggest that they mean anything significant) not to mention that our division has been the leagues best during this time.

We have a tough, young and better than average STs unit with a great Coach in Fassell.
We have a tough, young and potentially dominant defense.
Also lead by an outstanding Coach.
We don't know what we have on offense.... but we do know it will be different from what we had.

I can't wait to see this shake out.

Last edited:

Big Game

Living The Dream
I think this team can win 10 games this year and make the playoffs.

I'm with you!!!

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I been waiting 10 years to feel anything approaching the special feeling of the 99 season. I hope the Rams stay in STL, but if this is their last season here, I hope they go out on a high note with a deep playoff push, and hopefully an SB appearance and victory. At least give us that as payback for all the years of bad football we have suffered through before you leave us.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
You know I'm right there with you, Merlin.

There's been a massive upgrading of roster talent in these last 4 off seasons.

I think that Foles and the OL were the final missing pieces.

If the new additions gel quickly enough, I see a wild card playoff run for us. Maybe even a deep run, at that.

The SB may be another year away, but playoffs are a realistic goal for us this year.

I realize that some are blinded and somewhat numb after all those years of futility. For some it may have simply become difficult to think in terms of having a dominating (and winning) team. I get that.

Maybe a brain washed thing. Or a Stockholm Syndrome thing. But there it is.

Strange as it may seem for some, and despite all the preceding futility, this Ram team is loaded on D and ST. And plenty of proven pieces are already on our O.

So it comes down to our QB, C, RG, and RT, doesn't it? And specifically how soon they gel?

I like our chances. And I like them a whole bunch.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll Drink to that
drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

Anyone want to argue!?!

d0cbDgo.jpg

Better ..

exaVP3j.jpg

"It's Party Time!!"

49302dafdd7bce83440467210cd7d871.jpg

:banana::rockon::popcorn::snicker::cheers:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I hate kool aid, but like I thought last year and again this year believe this is a playoff team. Anything short of that is a disappointment IMO.

The talent is there and was last year. If I owned this team this would be Fishers final year if they did not make the playoffs.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The drought will soon be over and only us true rams fans were left standing.And nobody will appreciate a winning season and playoffs more than us.I can't wait for the season to start and what better way than to beat down Sea. GO RAMS

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
We know our D will be lights out and top 10 ranked, we know our Special teams will be very good.
Now regarding our O, what I would compare it too is similar to the Minny O the last 7 years with probably better QB and I would go to battle w/ this group of pass catchers over Minny's any day of the week.
So if we can get a few wins early and build our confidence up, then I see progress once Gurley is 100% and 9plus wins coming our way. Still really hoping Gurley gets slowly worked in, so come Dec he will be fresh and ready to take the league by storm!!! Ya I said it. Gurley will be the next great Rams RB!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OP, I'm glad you agree with me!:rockon:

RamzFanz

Damnit
If Bradford had remained healthy last season, Rams would have made the playoffs.

I'm in for 11 wins.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Disclaimer: I realize I can end up looking really dumb if this team tanks, but it wouldn't be the first time I look really dumb so no big loss there. And I just don't see that happening. So I'm all in.
I've done it.

Made bold predictions that didn't come to fruition.
The backlash is surprisingly mild.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I have to add an almost injury free year for us to reach playoffs. Don't know if my other bold prediction of a total stock market crash to ALLTIME lows in September will effect the season in any way. This will make 29 look like a party is why I'm scared. Might want to put a few extra cans of this and that away after checking dates on them. Just passing the love along. You wanted BOLD predictions. Hows that?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I have to add an almost injury free year for us to reach playoffs. Don't know if my other bold prediction of a total stock market crash to ALLTIME lows in September will effect the season in any way. This will make 29 look like a party is why I'm scared. Might want to put a few extra cans of this and that away after checking dates on them. Just passing the love along. You wanted BOLD predictions. Hows that?

I honestly think that's just not possible any more. Margin restrictions, automatic trade stopping, and massive funds that couldn't possibly sell off. If you're right though, here's your opportunity to get stinking rich buying puts.

Alan

Legend
-X- with this:
I've done it.

Made bold predictions that didn't come to fruition.
The backlash is surprisingly mild.
That's because when you do that, you're always in a very large group. As is should be. We are after all, fanatical Ram fans. (y)