Favorite games in each of the past 10 years?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
It has now been 10 years since the Rams won the 2003 NFC West title, please name your favorite game in each of the last 10 seasons...

Here are mine:

2003: A bunch o' good memories (like the win vs SEA wk 15), but I'd have to say the MNF game in Cleveland. After falling behind early 7-3, the Rams held a slim lead in the 2nd 9-7, but a pair of Aeneas Williams picks (including a pick 6) helped the Rams establish a 23-7 lead late in the first half. STL held off a Browns comeback in the 2nd half winning 26-20.

2004: The year ended on a bad note, but 2004 may have had some of the most exciting games I have seen as a Ram fan. I could have easily picked any of the 3 wins over Seattle (especially the playoff win in Qwest & the 17 pt comeback in wk 5 w/McDonald TD in OT), but I'm gonna pick week 17 vs Jets. Do or die. Win or go home. And we needed help. This game was an incredibly nerve racking and exciting shootout. The offensive performance was highlighted by Bulger's career high 400+ yds, SJ's first big TD of his career (breaking through a swarm of tacklers), and some great plays from the wideouts (especially Biggame). Wilky sent us into the playoffs w/his FG in OT.

2005: Not as good of a year, but still a tough decision. I'm split between an early season win over the Titans and our current coach or our amazing comeback at Houston. Although I love the job Fitz did in his first career win (w/a Biggame TD & onside recovery & Curtis TD in OT), I'm going with the win over the Titans. Down 10-0 early with TEN driving to make it 17 zip, Archie picked off McNair (RIP) and took it back 85 yards for 6 to spark the Rams comeback. Marshall & Torry added TDs to give us the lead, and after the Titans tied it 24-24 in the 2nd half Bulger came right back with a TD to Curtis. STL survived a late drive by McNair and won (sound familiar? :lol: ) 31-27.

2006: I'm gonna say a week 5 win @ Lambeau. I don't remember as much of the game but I remember distinctly being in Nordstrom's with my mother and seeing LL finish the game and a Favre comeback with a late strip fumble. STL won 23-20. The significance of this game was also why I loved it. At the time I thought we were poised to make the playoffs (and we were). We were 4-1, then proceeded to lose a tough one to SEA at home & I went to the following game in SD which we lost by 14 (my first reg season game).

2007: Easy. 37-29 win over the Aints. First win of the season. I won't elaborate too much, but let's just say it had been a while since we had tasted a Rams win. Highlight of the game for me was SJ's first and only TD of his career to Randy McMichael.

2008: Easy. Dallas. Although best non win was week 17 effort against playoff bound ATL (Torry's last game). The Dallas game was complete and total domination, with a little help w/no Romo. Highlights of the game for me were the SJ 3 TDs (including the Loooong one that displayed great speed), the early bomb to Avery, and the 2 picks by OJ.

2009: THE-ONLY-WIN-OF-THE-SEASON. The lone win of the season at Detroit was like the Super Bowl that year. 1-15 is terrible, but 0-16...NO WINS. Is just terrible. And SJ helped us elude that, willing us to victory 17-10. 150+ yards including running over a ref and his game winning TD. I will always love SJ for his effort that day.

2010: Hard one... You could say the first win over the Skins or the win over SF in week 16 to set up a play in game or the dominant game vs SD (7 sacks). I will say breaking the losing streak to the Seachickens at 10. That week 4 performance was not only dominant, 20-3, it was great to beat Pete. "The streak" was devastating and it was great to beat the team that had become used to us being a pushover. SJ was a warrior playing with the groin/quad injury & was still effective, Sam led a great early TD drive and there were great screen plays to SJ & Darby.

2011: Saints game. Rolling over dem Aints. 31-21, not as close as score indicated. First win of a 2 win season over a team (13-3) I thought we had no business playing with, especially w/Feeley. But hey, any given Sunday. Late 14 points in the 2nd quarter sparked by a Quinn blocked punt and a Gordy pick, sent the Rams into the lockeroom up 17-0. But they never let up. SJ scored his 2nd TD in the beginning of the 3rd to push the lead to 24-0. After a Saints run to cut it to 10, Stew picked off Brees & scored the Rams first defensive TD since Leo Little vs JAX in 2009.

2012: SF home game. I don't think I need to summarize much. Alumni weekend. National media saying that the first game was a fluke. Cocky Kaeperdick in the house. No problem. Like Fish said, it took us 10 quarters, but we beat them. Magical win against a team only 3 other teams can say they didn't lose to (hopefully 4 after this weekend).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hmmmmmmm. Testing my memory banks on this one. I'll have to go back and check the game logs for further information.

2003: Probably beating the 49ers in OT on a Jeff Wilkins FG. (I'll never get over that playoff loss)
2004: All THREE Seattle victories. Each more sweet than the one before.
2005: Beating the Cowboys to close out the season. Always great to beat the Cowboys
2006: Beating Denver in the opener. 6 Wilkins field goals. I watched that at the airport during a layover.
2007: Clearly, beating the 49ers. What an awful injury-filled season, but at least we beat THEM.
2008: Again, beating the Cowboys.
2009: Not much to choose from there, eh? lol.
2010: Beating Denver on the road. That was an awesome game all around.
2011: Definitely the Saints game. Jackson went full-on beast mode in that one.
2012: SF home game. Though, beating His Lord on High Griffin was a close second.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Hmmmmmmm. Testing my memory banks on this one. I'll have to go back and check the game logs for further information.

2003: Probably beating the 49ers in OT on a Jeff Wilkins FG. (I'll never get over that playoff loss)
2004: All THREE Seattle victories. Each more sweet than the one before.
2005: Beating the Cowboys to close out the season. Always great to beat the Cowboys
2006: Beating Denver in the opener. 6 Wilkins field goals. I watched that at the airport during a layover.
2007: Clearly, beating the 49ers. What an awful injury-filled season, but at least we beat THEM.
2008: Again, beating the Cowboys.
2009: Not much to choose from there, eh? lol.
2010: Beating Denver on the road. That was an awesome game all around.
2011: Definitely the Saints game. Jackson went full-on beast mode in that one.
2012: SF home game. Though, beating His Lord on High Griffin was a close second.

All good options. The Denver opener was the last time we had won a home opener before last year :shock: . I was happy about Wilky making those 6 FGs, but not about the inability to get 7. Lol on 2009 :sly: . The Denver game was pretty amazing highlighted by 3 TDs to HoHo & Billy Vagina. Glad we held em off at the end...thanks Chris! I tried to be fair, the only reason I didn't vote for the Skins game is because I went to it. But SF was a more meaningful win. The Skins game was the best day of my life!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
2003- Can't remember any.

2004- Jets game, that was the 1st game I watched from opening kickoff to final gun.

2005- Texans comeback

2006- Probably that OT game vs. Washington...SJack ran it to the crib!!

2007- Yeah Saints game, not much more to say.

2008- Dallas, domination. Loved the 2 quotes by Too Overrated. Week 1, after the Eagles beat the Rams "They played the Rams, dude." After whooped by the Rams..."Rams came out and kicked our butts."

2009- Yeah, Detroit. Not much to say here.

2010- Denver, they dominated then almost fucked it up. That was damn heart attack waiting to happen.

2011- Saints, easy. Plus the Cards winning the World Series made that weekend uber awesome.

2012- I know everyone wants to say the SF win, but I really loved the Washington game. Everyone was all up on RG3's jock about his win the week before...and it all came crashing down the next week. And remember SJack didn't even play most of this game.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
2003- Can't remember any.
2012- I know everyone wants to say the SF win, but I really loved the Washington game. Everyone was all up on RG3's jock about his win the week before...and it all came crashing down the next week. And remember SJack didn't even play most of this game.

I'm not married, nor have I had any children, so I can truthfully say the Skins game was the best day of my life.

Biggame1190 (another guy on this forum) and I had a great day. We interacted with players as they walked into the building which was really fun; I got some interactions out of some of my favorite players including SJ. When we got inside we had seats on the 30 yardline on the Rams sideline two rows from the field. We saw Torry and he was busy talking to fans on the field. A Rams employee was kind enough to approach us, take our photos we wanted Biggame to sign, and brought them back with Torry's autograph. The game was incredible, of course. And unless you were there you didn't get a sense for just HOW LOUD the dome got. Danny was incredible, Sam was great, and the D buckled down. I yelled "overrated" to any Skins fans I saw wearing Bob Griffin jerseys. It was pretty fun :lol: . The win was incredible: RG's first loss (as you said) & crashing down to earth, Fisher's first win, Rams first home opener win since 2006, 15 point comeback, Sam outperforming RG, and I WAS THERE for all of it! After the game Biggame1190 got Robert Quinn's arm sleeve and I got 30+ autographs including: Sam, Cort, Quinn, Long, JL, Dunbar, Laroi Glover, DRich, Givens, Tru, Mikell, Coach Fassel, Schotty. All around an incredible WIN!!!

…..

Legend
Clearly I've been lucky....a few of the games I've been to are all listed by some of you guys.

2006 was there for the Denver Opener, my first trip to St Louis. My last time sitting in row XX :))) Dome was hoppin and I had great hosts from another website who made the trip a fun experience from beginning to end.

2007 against New Orleans. My first trip to the big easy. And easy was the word for the weekend. Marc Bulger made it look so easy for the hapless Rams, it was hard to believe it was thier first win of the year. I sat on the 50 in the 1st row of the upper deck and could see the recievers getting separation way before the pass was off.

2011, again the Saints, again a happless team putting it all together against a team that clearly overmatched us. I sat in row one on the 20...cheerleaders provided excellent entertainment, but they didnt block the view of Darian Stewarts pick 6, which happened right in front of me. Chris Longs sacks, and Quinns blocked punt were something to be excited about. But watching SJ comin over to a girl next to me after the game to hand her his gloves was more awesome. Class act. Also cool to see Tony LaRussa come out on the field wearing a Bradford Jersey, leading the World Series Champs out for a curtain call, but it was less cool getting stuck in the the log jam of the Cardinal victory parade, which ended just as we spilled out of the stadium. It coulda been fun, but I bleed Dodger Blue and the train system clogged with red made my trip back to Harrah's take 3 hours.

worst game experience for me was definately the last playoff appearence against the Falcons. I had some little kid next to me that screamed "Vick is baaaaad Vick is so bad, oooooh Vick is baaaad, Go Michael, Go Michael" the entire game. Literally. Non stop. I didnt make it to the 4th quarter. The kid and Allen Rossum made sure of that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Any win against Washington is sweet to me because I live in Redskinville. The most special was our 2010 win. It was my sons 14th birthday and I had bought VIP passes for the Alice in Chains/Deftones show that night. We listened to most of the first half on the way to the show, then ended up getting there AFTER the meet and greet with the bands. I was livid. I pitched a fit to AICs manager, and explained that it was my sons bday. Long story short(er), my son and I actually ended up getting to hang out with Alice in Chains PRIVATELY before they went on. I even got to talk football with Jerry Cantrell (Seahag fan :sick: , shocker) for a bit. Then we go back to our seats and I pull up the game (direcTV FTW!!) on my phone and watch the final seconds tick off for the Rams victory. Kick ass day that was.....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice topic 24/7.

I will need to do some research over the weekend to chime in on this one.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
2003 - The Shutout against ATL on Monday Night Football. Just Domination.

2004 - Come from behind win against SEA , NYJ , and Playoff win. All three were great games.

2005 - Jackson runs wild against JAX and we win on a defensive stand.

2006 - Last 3 wins against OAK, WAS , and MIN. The O-line was beginning to gel and Jackson was playing his best football. Who knows what would've happened if we sneaked into the playoffs.

2007 - The win against NO to end our 8 game losing streak :sick:.

2008 - :sick: . Jackson finally gets to play the team that passed him in the draft and RAMS them with a 150+ yards and 3 TDs performance.

2009 - Major rebuild of the team begins and Jackson carries us for our only win of the season.

2010 - Needing a win to stay alive we beat the whiners at home.

2011 - Injuries :sick:. Win against NO. Jackson puts his foot down and yells at the team after a false start with the aints slowly creeping.

2012 - Definitely Whiners at home. KEEP IT UP MEN!

2013 - WIN AGAINST THE CHEATRIOTS TO BECOME SUPERBOWL CHAMPS! :woooot: