Favorite and least favorite non-Rams helmets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Not that I'd ever condone changing the horns, I did really like the Arch motif they came up with when they moved to St. Louis.
rams_helmet.jpg

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jags is BY FAR the worse, IMO.

I like Green Bay's helmet. Jets too.

NFL38B-nfl-helmet-stickers-bulk-vending.jpg

Big Willie

Starter
My favorites besides the Rams would be, Steelers- I like the color scheme and one logo, Raiders- Clean and classic, and the Chargers- The blue and yellow pop on the solid white also clean.

My least favorite, Jags, Titans, Bucs, and Pats- I do like their classic logo and uniform though.
I forgot about the Titans. Good call. I kinda like the Bucs...serious improvement over their original orange version.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I think the Rams have the best... but I also love the Colts and Jets. I like the simplicity of both of their uniforms. I like the Bills too.

upload_2014-12-23_9-33-31.jpeg
images
upload_2014-12-23_9-32-28.jpeg

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
chrome_facemask.jpg

Here's a crude mockup I did a while back but I think you get the idea. The only other thing I'd like to see in real life is an all-chrome Rams helmet. They did some miniature ones that looked cool but I've never seen a full size version. I think the gold and blue being "chrome" would look awesome. My instinct is that I'd go with the blue facemask but I like the Baylor helmet so much, I wanted to see the Rams helmet with it and I think it works.

I'd love to see a change to a blue and chrome (white) color scheme. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it after the end zone change. If there's a new stadium, I guarantee there's going to be new unis and this would be a way to update the franchise without going too far (Jaguars! Bucs!).

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I like it here, so I'll keep my comments about beating the Rams and the facts we're in the playoffs and you're not to myself. :D
You're probably the smartest cowgirl fan ever @Rynie . Although, that is something of a dubious award, you know, like being the tallest midget.
:LOL: :fighting:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Least favorite is easy: Browns... It isn't even brown!

Favorite isn't as easy: I've always liked the Bengals uni overall and I like the flat purple that the Vikings use on their helmet, but my favorite is (opposite of the OP) the Steelers. I like the black and the unique way logo is only on one side.

Rams is clearly the best helmet. And, as an aside, the Rams were the first NFL team to decorate their helmets. The current uni's though did take a step back, imo. My favorite Ram uni of all time was a very early one where they had blue on yellow...pretty much the opposite of the one in my avatar.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not that it compares to the Rams' helmet... but I've always liked the Charger design.

Worst ever by a giant margin goes to the Jags.

CodeMonkey

Not that it compares to the Rams' helmet... but I've always liked the Charger design.

Worst ever by a giant margin goes to the Jags.

Yea, that one is pretty bad. It can't decide what it wants to be so it just ends up being a mashed up mess. The flat black color is cool though. They should just carry that through the whole thing rather than trying to make it two-tone.

fearsomefour

Legend
jaguars worst helms ever ... players need 2 of em one to crap in and one to cover it with
Really bad helmets....it would have been so much better if they faded or blended the change of color....several post up from this one the perfect example is that San Diego State helmet....as it is now it looks like a 14 year old hit the back of their helmets with a can of spray paint.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like it here, so I'll keep my comments about beating the Rams and the facts we're in the playoffs and you're not to myself. :D
You KNOW you shouldn't have won that game against us!!

fearsomefour

Legend
I like the Raiders, Chargers, Steelers (the emblem on one side is cool), Vikings....Bengals, Lions are not bad....the Cowboys and Colts are simple and solid....I really like the old Patriot uni....with the minuteman helmet, why you would ever change that I don't know, but then, I also like the old creamsickle Bucs unis.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yea, that one is pretty bad. It can't decide what it wants to be so it just ends up being a mashed up mess. The flat black color is cool though. They should just carry that through the whole thing rather than trying to make it two-tone.

Something else that's really stupid about that black coloring the front half of the helmet...

It's hotter than hell for probably half the season in Jax. That black color has to absorb a tremendous amount of heat on the jag players during the game. No doubt in my mind it works as a disadvantage for them performance wise. You ever notice that the sorry ass bucs make the road teams wear their home jerseys during the first half of the season down in Tampon? Florida sunshine will cripple you with heat if you don't know how to combat it.

Not to mention the jaguar on the helmet looks very cartoonish and lame. Here kitty kitty... why are you sweating like a stuck pig from your forehead little kitty ?

Hahahahaha

CodeMonkey

Something else that's really stupid about that black coloring the front half of the helmet...

It's hotter than hell for probably half the season in Jax. That black color has to absorb a tremendous amount of heat on the jag players during the game. No doubt in my mind it works as a disadvantage for them performance wise. You ever notice that the sorry ass bucs make the road teams wear their home jerseys during the first half of the season down in Tampon? Florida sunshine will cripple you with heat if you don't know how to combat it.

Not to mention the jaguar on the helmet looks very cartoonish and lame. Here kitty kitty... why are you sweating like a stuck pig from your forehead little kitty ?

Hahahahaha
Never thought about that. Maybe they should consider chrome in order to both reflect heat and blind opponents. A UV visor becomes part of the standard sun-weapon helmet package as well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Never thought about that. Maybe they should consider chrome in order to both reflect heat and blind opponents. A UV visor becomes part of the standard sun-weapon helmet package as well.

That would actually look cool and make too much sense for those boobs.

I think the Jags actually put in some kind of pool for fans to stand in during the games this year. Calling it a pool is a stretch... I think piss tank would describe it better. I see fans standing in it dressed in jeans and shit. Imagine sloshing back to you seat in a pair of piss soaked jeans in September. Ahhhhhh

Boobs is too kind as well.