Favorite and least favorite non-Rams helmets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
My favorite helmets that aren't the Rams are the Vikings and the Bengals...like the Rams, they encompass the teams name/mascot but are more than just a logo.

Least favorite are the Steelers and Chiefs. I think the logo on one side of the Steelers is dumb. The Chiefs i just don't care for the big white face masks and the cheesy arrow head, makes them seem very cartoonish to me.

dan kimbro

UDFA
Name
bluto
jaguars worst helms ever ... players need 2 of em one to shit in and one to cover it with

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'll say the Eagles

Least favorite are the Browns because they are the browns.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jaguars worst helms ever ... players need 2 of em one to crap in and one to cover it with
Yeah, im not a fan of those either. I appreciate trying to do something new and different, but those are awful...same with the Bucs.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm assuming you mean to limit this discussion to NFL helmets?

Rams are by far and away the best and nothing else really comes close IMO.

As for the 2nd tier? Bengals is a good choice although their new uniforms take away from the overall design that they introduced back in the '80's.

Along the same lines, I think the Eagles helmet is actually pretty cool but I've disliked that club for so long that it's tough for me to really enjoy looking at them.

I actually liked the red Bills helmets that came out in...what was it, '86?

The '80's Chargers helmets were always cool too.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Yeah but they're orange. The BROWNS have orange helmets.
I actually consider that the best decision that organization ever made. I mean imagine "So here are the BROWN helmets you asked for"

"Oh well, maybe that isn't a good idea, lets make it orange instead"

All downhill from there...

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I agree about the Jags. Someone saw that in a nightmare and put it on a football helmet.

I actually like the Steelers helmets.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Broncos are pretty cool. Gotta love the Bills. Original like the Rams. The 49ers have pretty cool helmets.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I actually consider that the best decision that organization ever made. I mean imagine "So here are the BROWN helmets you asked for"

"Oh well, maybe that isn't a good idea, lets make it orange instead"

All downhill from there...
You mean AFTER those 10 straight Championship games? ;)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
My favorites besides the Rams would be, Steelers- I like the color scheme and one logo, Raiders- Clean and classic, and the Chargers- The blue and yellow pop on the solid white also clean.

My least favorite, Jags, Titans, Bucs, and Pats- I do like their classic logo and uniform though.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Screenshot_2014-12-22-22-16-48-1.png

moklerman

Warner-phile
Non-NFL favorites, just for the fun of it:
JKELLYUSFLMH1.JPG

Houston Gamblers(USFL) - the black on black with the "G" incorporating the shape of Texas always looked sharp and clever to me.
USFLInvadersMA.jpg

Oakland Invaders(USFL) - the blue and yellow just works for me. I never knew what a fist holding a lightning bolt had to do with Invaders but I just like these helmets.
75+Als+helmet.jpg

Montreal Alouettes(CFL) - When Ferragamo bolted to the CFL, the uniforms of the Alouettes really looked sharp to me. Nothing to creative about them I guess, but the red, white and blue just looked clean. Too bad Ferragamo stunk it up so bad while there.
san-diego-state.jpg

San Diego State Aztecs(NCAA) - I'm not usually a fan of weird stuff like this but if the Jaguars had done something more along these lines, their helmets wouldn't be so putrid. I actually like Bortles, Lee and some of the Jaguars players but my eyes scream every time I watch them.
news_pic_0052.jpg

Navy(NCAA) - I have no interest in this team at all but stumbled across their helmets one day while Googling. Pretty awesome IMO.
BaylorGoldHelmet.png

Baylor(NCAA) - the gold/gold just works for some reason. I'm dying for the Rams to one day have "chrome" gold for their horns.
chrome_facemask.jpg

Here's a crude mockup I did a while back but I think you get the idea. The only other thing I'd like to see in real life is an all-chrome Rams helmet. They did some miniature ones that looked cool but I've never seen a full size version. I think the gold and blue being "chrome" would look awesome. My instinct is that I'd go with the blue facemask but I like the Baylor helmet so much, I wanted to see the Rams helmet with it and I think it works.

Big Willie

Starter
I hate the Jags, Cardinals, Seahawks and Saints. While I hate the Cowboys as a team, their helmets (while cocky), aren't bad. I still love some of the classics like the Pack, Vikes, Steelers, Raiders, Bears and of course the Rams. My favorite non-Ram helmet is from the Vikings. My least favorite is a tie between the Seahawks and the Jaguars.

moklerman

Warner-phile
mIfK0dzhYbG1v8m0WdL6qkg.jpg

This is pretty close but I'd like the gold more chrome-y.
tulsa-golden-helmet.jpg

I like Tulsa's helmets too. Maybe even a little more than Baylor because they have the blue and red in them.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I hate the Jags, Cardinals, Seahawks and Saints. While I hate the Cowboys as a team, their helmets (while cocky), aren't bad. I still love some of the classics like the Pack, Vikes, Steelers, Raiders, Bears and of course the Rams. My favorite non-Ram helmet is from the Vikings. My least favorite is a tie between the Seahawks and the Jaguars.
Good call on the Vikings. I forgot about them. Don't really care for the matte finish they've gone to though. I like the classics too. Cowboys, Raiders, Packers...so glad some of these teams stick with what works.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Favorite helmet is the Notre Dame Golden Dome

Favorite non Rams NFL?
I kinda like the black Atlanta Falcons version. Didn't like the red