Fatal police shooting in Missouri sparks protests

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is the transcript of the background conversation on the video:

#1 How’d he get from there to there?

#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck

{crosstalk}

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him

{crosstalk}

#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him

{crosstalk}

#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing

#1 The Police?

#2 The Police shot him

#1 Police?

#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is the transcript from the friend of the cop:

Well, then Michael takes off and gets to be about 35 feet away. And, Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, “Freeze!”

Michael and his friend turn around. And Michael taunts him… And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing him. He just started coming at him full speed.

And, so he just started shooting. And, he just kept coming. And, so he really thinks he was on something.”

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Finally getting some info on the situation! Looking more like the shooting was justified! It may be time for the protesters to go home and wait for more information on what happened instead of putting themselves in harm's way! Police are not going to back down to the few criminals who are inciting them to react! Sad!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
There's still way to much misinformation being spread:

Brown and an accomplice committed strong arm robbery assaulting a small elderly clerk.

They then fled on foot and were walking down the middle of a street.

The cop stopped and asked or ordered the two to get out of the middle of the street. They refused to comply. We need to remember here that Brown knew he'd just robbed a store.

According to the cop and a friend of the cop he stopped when they refused and reversed back to them. He says he tried to exit his car twice and they slammed the door shut. He says Brown ten assaulted him and went for his gun. It appears he was in fact injured.

He then says he shot Brown from the car during the struggle. Brown backed off, his accomplice ran, the cop exited the car and Brown said the cop wouldn't shoot and rushed him at which time the cop fired several rounds killing him.

Brown's friend was also at the robbery. That's why I refer to him as the accomplice. His friend says the door wasn't slammed shut but bounced off them. He says the cop, while sitting, reached through the window and choked 6'4" Brown. I find that hard to believe. He then says that the cop tried to pull the 300 lb brown through the window of the car into the cops lap. That's just not realistic in any way.

The accomplice never mentioned they were fleeing a robbery until the video came out.

There is a video on youtube where you can hear witnesses discussing the event saying Brown kept charging the cop. This matches what the cops friend said. This also matches what the cop said.

That's all I know. However, at this point, I would say the scales are tipping toward Brown attacking the cop.

At this point it no longer matters what really happened. The media has stoked the fires. People have already formed opinions. There's no going back. The truth is no longer an issue to them. It isn't what they want to hear.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Your actions are exaxtly what you should do. Too often I see people posting "advice" and it's all about filming the officer, giving them attitude, repeating that you know your rights, accusing them, etc. It's awful awful advice. Most police aren't looking to screw people over, hell it gives them more work. You being nice and packing up, he knew you did him a solid and he made sure he got himself informed so he could return the favor. If more people acted like you, we would have far far less of these situations.

I see that too. Plus I see guys posting things as trivial as "there's a speed trap between this and this exits on 44." And usually it's a construction zone. If you speed through there, you'll most likely be caught. Cop isn't being a dick; you were in the wrong. Then the guy that gets pulled over does what you said "my rights, where's your warrant, blah blah blah."

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yep. It will come out eventually. It just seems to me that Brown's actions that day are counter to what everyone says about him. That's why I'm thinking drugs.

I dont know what people are saying about him, but I'm sure it's crap about how he was a good kid. If he did rob that store, and it certainly seems that way from what I've read, then he most certainly was not a good kid. Drugs or no drugs, he wasn't some upstanding citizen. He didn't deserve to die over that, but you won't see me shedding any tears. And if he did bum rush a cop with a gun on him, then maybe he should be put in for the darwin award.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Harry Reid...Nancy Pelosi... Eric Holder...Al Sharpton. Tough choice.

Sharpton is, hands down, winner of the most divisive American, (using the term loosely), in the history of civil rights. Martin Luther King would be ashamed of you, Al.
Karma' s a bitch, (I hope and pray).

Oh_Canada

UDFA
Name
Bob
This turns out to be a BIG distraction ... overshadowing the major issues (nationally and internationally) that are not being dealt with.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Aeneas Williams is getting involved IMO he'll have a positive impact saw it on NFL AM, also our Rams gave a bunch of tickets to HS fballers to get them away from the melee( that's what the local cops call this stuff)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Harry Reid...Nancy Pelosi... Eric Holder...Al Sharpton. Tough choice.

Sharpton is, hands down, winner of the most divisive American, (using the term loosely), in the history of civil rights. Martin Luther King would be ashamed of you, Al.
Karma' s a bitch, (I hope and pray).

Sharpton is the most racist individual I've ever seen. People say Rush Limbaugh is a racist, but Sharpton's got him beat hands down.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Sharpton is the most racist individual I've ever seen. People say Rush Limbaugh is a racist, but Sharpton's got him beat hands down.

I see a lot of racism and divisiveness on both the right and left.

I haven't heard what Rush is saying on this because, while I listen to both sides, I can't stand his pompous self aggrandizing attitude and fake voice inflexions. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Same with the Reverend Jesse Jackson.

Sharpton is a race baiter. He doesn't care what the truth is or what the outcome is. He gets in there early during the fog, gets paid, and gets out. If he's dead wrong, he'll never admit it.

My only point is the evidence should speak for itself. I wish I could find a news source that just reports the facts with no spin. You would think there would be money in selling the concept of truth without ideology.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Forget the left and the right BS...look at the facts.

This has become absolutely disgusting with how this is being reported and how people are acting. I'm embarrassed as a human being that people are acting this way.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I see a lot of racism and divisiveness on both the right and left.

I haven't heard what Rush is saying on this because, while I listen to both sides, I can't stand his pompous self aggrandizing attitude and fake voice inflexions. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Same with the Reverend Jesse Jackson.

Sharpton is a race baiter. He doesn't care what the truth is or what the outcome is. He gets in there early during the fog, gets paid, and gets out. If he's dead wrong, he'll never admit it.

My only point is the evidence should speak for itself. I wish I could find a news source that just reports the facts with no spin. You would think there would be money in selling the concept of truth without ideology.

BBC and Al Jazeera America.... which is really fucking sad that the best, sometimes only, way to get news about what's going on without some spin is to go to other countries news agencies. Al Jazeera for example was the only one reporting on the house blocking a bill to fund 9/11 first responders health care as a result of working ground zero, and when other stations caught on, they were the only ones to say that when the bill did pass it was changed so that it wouldn't cover major issues, like lung cancer, making the bill essentially pointless.

Meanwhile our media groups sit around with a thumb up their ass waiting to bash the other side for whatever half, or completely made up pile of garbage they thought about while taking their morning dump.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Hope the authorities keep the National Guard around for when the grand jury findings are released. Either way it turns out, there will be more of this stuff going on. It surely won't be left to the courts to decide what the idiots who incite this stuff will do next!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I find it both funny and sad how people find fault or divisiveness in only the side that they disagree with politically. It's either every single person identified with the left or with the right, depending on who you're talking to. And they tell you this in all seriousness, without ever realizing how transparent they are. I'm used to seeing politicians with agendas, but this trend lately of normal people having agendas or using "talking points" is getting pathetic.