Fargo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Have any of you been watching this series? It's only for ten episodes and then it's gone. Billy Bob Thornton is excellent. It's kind of like Twin Peaks set in Minnesota. Wiki link

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes I have been watching it, albeit a couple of days after yourself probably so no spoilers please!

Billy Bob Thornton is excellent as you say, his character slightly reminds me of Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men. Measured but very menacing. Coen Bros must like that kind of villain.

Martin Freeman's accent isn't too bad either, still I never can understand why they can't cast an actor from the country that the character they are playing is from.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Billy Bob Thornton is excellent as you say, his character slightly reminds me of Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men. Measured but very menacing.

BBT has some playfulness in him like he's enjoying himself while AC is more a straight out psychopath. Jack Nicholson in the Witches of Eastwick comes to mind for BBT's character. He's the devil and he's tempting people to do what's in their heart already.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It's a lovely place, but it hasn't stopped raining hardly for the last 2 weeks.
Oh are we talking about the show/movie? Just a heads up, none of us talk like that.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I like it a lot, although I'm still not sure why they felt the need to call it Fargo.

Marketing I suppose.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Hooked on this show -- since each show opens with "Based on a True Story", I tried digging online to find any news articles related to the stories depicted on the show. So far, I've found nothing.

BTW -- haven't watched last night's episode yet (it's on the DVR), so no spoilers please.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
BTW -- haven't watched last night's episode yet (it's on the DVR), so no spoilers please.

Billy Bob Thornton says off-the-wall things. One example: "Did you know that human beings' eyes see more shades of green than any other color? Why is that?"

RmsLegends

Rookie
Have any of you been watching this series? It's only for ten episodes and then it's gone. Billy Bob Thornton is excellent. It's kind of like Twin Peaks set in Minnesota. Wiki link

I have to agree Billy Bob is excellent in it and so much he has done and heck I even love to watch his interviews as he can be entertaining in them as well.....LOL

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's a lovely place, but it hasn't stopped raining hardly for the last 2 weeks.
Oh are we talking about the show/movie? Just a heads up, none of us talk like that.

You're from Fargo? I used to visit Grand Forks every winter. Iws pent some crazy nights in Fargo. I loved cross country skiing and there is no better place in the US for it than North Dakota/Minnesota. I had a friend that was stationed there and he stayed for a few extra years. People thought I was nuts to take vacations to ND in February. I loved skiing at midnight at -20 degrees. The snow crystallizes perfectly.

The one thing I remember about that area is the winters are long and people get bored so they cheat on their significant others for winter entertainment. I know that stuff happens everywhere but I have never scene it to the degree that I saw it out there.

I don't know about on the show, never saw it, but everyone out there has an accent. They pronounce words very distinctly and they draw out the end of their sentences.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
You're from Fargo? I used to visit Grand Forks every winter. Iws pent some crazy nights in Fargo. I loved cross country skiing and there is no better place in the US for it than North Dakota/Minnesota. I had a friend that was stationed there and he stayed for a few extra years. People thought I was nuts to take vacations to ND in February. I loved skiing at midnight at -20 degrees. The snow crystallizes perfectly.

The one thing I remember about that area is the winters are long and people get bored so they cheat on their significant others for winter entertainment. I know that stuff happens everywhere but I have never scene it to the degree that I saw it out there.

I don't know about on the show, never saw it, but everyone out there has an accent. They pronounce words very distinctly and they draw out the end of their sentences.

You're right on most accounts, I can't attest to the midnight cross country stuff, but otherwise you pretty much got it. A lot of us have accent denial around here, which I honestly do think stems from the original Cohen Bros. movie. I know I catch myself uttering the occasional "yaaah" and then immediately hating myself for it. And those surveys that came out a few months back are spot on, Fargo is absolutely the drunkest city in the nation. There are only a couple of ways to keep warm during the winter here. :whistle:

A lot of Fargoans hate Grand Forks for some irrational reason. I think it stems from UND vs NDSU rivalries from years back, but I always thought GF was a great town. They've got the downtown area built up real nice after the flood wiped everything out back in the late 90s.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I remember that flood when the Red River overflowed. I didn't think such a small river could do so much damage. My friend was attending ND then and got a job taking the gold out of he ruined computers. That is back when the gold in the computers was good quality.

My two favorite places out there are in Minnesota. Ely and Duluth. I could see myself living out there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The final episode of this ten part series is on tonight. It's been excellent!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Love this show, wish it wasnt ending tonight.

If only he had dropped it...but nooooo, had to follow onto elevator and had to keep pushing. Dumbass.

Billy Bob is awesome in it. Want it to keep going so can see him fuck more shit up lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Love this show, wish it wasnt ending tonight.

If only he had dropped it...but nooooo, had to follow onto elevator and had to keep pushing. Dumbass.

Billy Bob is awesome in it. Want it to keep going so can see him freak more crap up lol

Yeah, Billy Bob has been great. He's like the scariest guy you don't want after you which is what Lester is soon to find out.

Maybe this is the way TV series should be - ten or twelves episodes and then it's over. Instead of dragging it on season after season until you wish it would stop. 'Mad Men' is just one example of that.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Maybe this is the way TV series should be - ten or twelves episodes and then it's over. Instead of dragging it on season after season until you wish it would stop. 'Mad Men' is just one example of that.

Yea agreed. Lots of shows would have been better off being a mini series. There are a few that lasted many seasons and were still good, but not many.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yea agreed. Lots of shows would have been better off being a mini series. There are a few that lasted many seasons and were still good, but not many.

True Detective followed that same plan. That was a good show as well.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Well that was a bang-up ending. Wasn't surprised by the characters who bit the dust, just how their ending came. (y)

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Well that was a bang-up ending. Wasn't surprised by the characters who bit the dust, just how their ending came. (y)
Regarding the end of Malvo -- I was pleased with the morality, but troubled with the legality. Know what I mean?