Fantasy Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Anyone have better luck this year?

In the league w/ my buddies, I lost to one guy by .06 earlier in the season...just lost to him again in the playoffs by 0.14 (thanks for 0 points jordan matthews!!! - hilariously my shaun hill out scored sanchez on the bench and my opponent had aaron rodgers)

RamzFanz

Damnit
I've had a lot of luck. I drafted L. Bell in the third round. I grabbed Beckham off the waiver wire.

I'm currently only playing 2 of my drafted players consistently. By round:

1) M. Lynch - Traded away for Cobb and J Stewart
2) A. Morris - Mostly bench, matchup plays
3) L. Bell - 1st steal of my draft, Starting
4) M. Floyd - Traded for Cousins (yes, I know)
5) M. Crabtree - Traded for Cobb and J Stewart
6) J. Maclin - 2nd steal of my draft, Starting
7) R. Wilson - Matchup play
8) M. Ingram - Traded for Gronkowski while Ingram was injured as I couldn't start him anyways with M. Lynch and L. Bell.
9) G. Zuerlein - Homer pick. Dropped
10) Chicago Def - The Jack was taking its toll
11) B. Quick - Would have been a top steal :(
12) J. McCown - Matchup play
13) D. Freeman - Dropped
14) D. Amendola - Sleeper pick - dropped
15) L. Kendriks - In case Cook went down, dropped

Waiver wire pickups I kept:

O. Beckham Jr. (Yes, yes I did), Starter
K. Britt - Matchup
T. Mason - Matchup

I'm in the final with THIS draft. The lesson I've learned is if you're not trading and adding, you're losing.

Trades - Lynch and Crabtree for Cobb and Stewart. Cobb became my WR3 which gave me Maclin, Beckham, Cobb. :) (helped both teams)
M. Floyd for K. Cousins :( (helped him)
M. Ingram for R. Gronkowski :) (helped both teams)

It's been a fun year. Of the 4 approved trades, I was in 3 which is hard to do. You have to offer real value.

I've made 47 drop / adds. I don't keep DEF or Kickers. I fish every week for matchups. I also had to juggle a lot of QBs.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I did better than last year, I'm competing for 3rd. I thought getting Megatron and Jimmy Graham would be fantasy gold, but no. I made a few big mistakes, being a homer for one, while ironically drafting rival players. Russell Wilson and the Texans D has been a fantasy savior, while I figured having so many offensive weapons Kaepernick would be one too, not so much (I hate myself for this pick in more than one way). My biggest mistake was dropping T.Y. Hilton for Brian Quick, as soon as I did Hilton exploded and Quick rushed to IR. Better luck next year I guess.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I did better than last year, I'm competing for 3rd. I thought getting Megatron and Jimmy Graham would be fantasy gold, but no. I made a few big mistakes, being a homer for one, while ironically drafting rival players. Russell Wilson and the Texans D has been a fantasy savior, while I figured having so many offensive weapons Kaepernick would be one too, not so much (I hate myself for this pick in more than one way). My biggest mistake was dropping T.Y. Hilton for Brian Quick, as soon as I did Hilton exploded and Quick rushed to IR. Better luck next year I guess.

Things look so good at draft time that don't pan out. I would have gladly drafted Megatron and Graham. Wilson was a good QB for FF with his feet.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
TVtVw4r.png

x3RLENW.png

got my ass kicked in the ROD league though due to drafting way too young, this is my big money league $100 a head 10 people.

Last edited:

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Made finals in my money league. Couple of decisions I could use help with if you guys don't mind.

TE- Gates or Greg Olsen?

WR- I have OBJ against our Rams and with my other starter should I go Britt or Bailey? Or pick up Floyd from the chargers?

Flex- Lamar miller (Miami) or Isaiah Crowell (Cleveland)?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I've had a lot of luck. I drafted L. Bell in the third round. I grabbed Beckham off the waiver wire.

I'm currently only playing 2 of my drafted players consistently. By round:

1) M. Lynch - Traded away for Cobb and J Stewart
2) A. Morris - Mostly bench, matchup plays
3) L. Bell - 1st steal of my draft, Starting
4) M. Floyd - Traded for Cousins (yes, I know)
5) M. Crabtree - Traded for Cobb and J Stewart
6) J. Maclin - 2nd steal of my draft, Starting
7) R. Wilson - Matchup play
8) M. Ingram - Traded for Gronkowski while Ingram was injured as I couldn't start him anyways with M. Lynch and L. Bell.
9) G. Zuerlein - Homer pick. Dropped
10) Chicago Def - The Jack was taking its toll
11) B. Quick - Would have been a top steal :(
12) J. McCown - Matchup play
13) D. Freeman - Dropped
14) D. Amendola - Sleeper pick - dropped
15) L. Kendriks - In case Cook went down, dropped

Waiver wire pickups I kept:

O. Beckham Jr. (Yes, yes I did), Starter
K. Britt - Matchup
T. Mason - Matchup

I'm in the final with THIS draft. The lesson I've learned is if you're not trading and adding, you're losing.

Trades - Lynch and Crabtree for Cobb and Stewart. Cobb became my WR3 which gave me Maclin, Beckham, Cobb. :) (helped both teams)
M. Floyd for K. Cousins :( (helped him)
M. Ingram for R. Gronkowski :) (helped both teams)

It's been a fun year. Of the 4 approved trades, I was in 3 which is hard to do. You have to offer real value.

I've made 47 drop / adds. I don't keep DEF or Kickers. I fish every week for matchups. I also had to juggle a lot of QBs.
Just happened to log in today to see if there was any posts regarding our league.

It's time for me and you to lock horns for all the marbles! lol

View: http://youtu.be/wEpsVSdtfcc

View: http://youtu.be/HPe-oYvyVEw

PREPARE YOURSELVES

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
A friend of mine invited me to join his friend's league four seasons ago. It was a group of guys that had known each other for years. We had a draft at Hooters and I was obviously an outsider. Knowing nothing about my background the jokes would fly when I made a pick as I don't tend to follow the 'cheat sheets' that most people use.

Things escalated quickly:

Year 1: Championship Win
Year 2: Injury Riddled Down-Year
Year 3: Championship Win

Year 4? I'm in the championship against the guy who invited me into the league. There's a lot fewer jokes these days. :whistle:

I think a win this weekend would qualify as a dynasty.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I never play Fantasy Football.

Friend invited me, so I did.

I'm "that guy"... that everyone has their BEST DAMN WEEK of the season against. At one point, I was winless, but my Points For was in the Top Half of the League. Of course, my Points Against was far and away the highest. Wasn't close. Week after week, I'd look and if I'd play 7, 8 or 9 other matchups...I'd have won... but, nope. I had to play the 1 or 2 guys who's lineup went just better than mine... sometimes by less than a point.

I finally went on a 3 game win streak at the end of the season, but dammit, it was too frustrating.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Looks to be an epic battle! Very close.

charge-for-battle-o.gif

View attachment 4668
Battle of Sterling!
Epic GIF!! lol
I'm so mixed on what to do with Dmarco Murray this week with his broken hand... I think I'm just going to leave him in since they said it's up to him on playing.

A friend of mine invited me to join his friend's league four seasons ago. It was a group of guys that had known each other for years. We had a draft at Hooters and I was obviously an outsider. Knowing nothing about my background the jokes would fly when I made a pick as I don't tend to follow the 'cheat sheets' that most people use.

Year 4? I'm in the championship against the guy who invited me into the league. There's a lot fewer jokes these days. :whistle:

That's bad ass man! That's about my winning percentage 50% in the leagues I'm in as well. I've always wanted to join a league to have drafts in person! lol I'd get tanked!
I never play Fantasy Football.

Friend invited me, so I did.

I'm "that guy"... that everyone has their BEST DAMN WEEK of the season against. At one point, I was winless, but my Points For was in the Top Half of the League. Of course, my Points Against was far and away the highest. Wasn't close. Week after week, I'd look and if I'd play 7, 8 or 9 other matchups...I'd have won... but, nope. I had to play the 1 or 2 guys who's lineup went just better than mine... sometimes by less than a point.

I finally went on a 3 game win streak at the end of the season, but dammit, it was too frustrating.

IF you ever need help on drafting this next year I'll help you out. Generally pretty competitive in all my leagues and win about half of them...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It wasn't that I was bad at Fantasy Football. It's that everyone had their best freakin' week of the year against me when they played me.

Was frustrating. I'd drop a guy, pick up a guy, retool... and improve every week... and STILL... I mean, I remember scoring 148.9 points and losing because my opponent had 149.0. Now that same week, no one else cracked 120... and I lost by a tenth of a point.... to stay winless... That same week a guy stayed unbeaten winning 77 to 68. He won with a 77...

Just not sure I wanna do that again... I already grind my teeth alot as it is...

A55VA6

Legend
I'm in the championship this weekend. I'm 12-2 and my opponent is 10-4. Hoping I can win it!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Battle of Sterling!
Epic GIF!! lol
I'm so mixed on what to do with Dmarco Murray this week with his broken hand... I think I'm just going to leave him in since they said it's up to him on playing.

That's bad ass man! That's about my winning percentage 50% in the leagues I'm in as well. I've always wanted to join a league to have drafts in person! lol I'd get tanked!

IF you ever need help on drafting this next year I'll help you out. Generally pretty competitive in all my leagues and win about half of them...

Yeah, I was hoping he'd be out.

I saw you had grabbed Randle before I could steal him away for my bench. :sneaky:

What choice do you have really? Miller or Randle. Randle has no value unless Murray gets taken out. Miller is a solid play but you need upside as this looks to be a battle. You have to start him if he plays I would think.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Nice. I only play one league a season. I've been playing for over 20 years. Last season I finished outside of the top 5 for the first time losing Foster and D Martin to injury in a 16 team league. I don't like 16 teams... little hope of saving yourself from injury.

I like live drafts with friends but I don't have that here in STL.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It wasn't that I was bad at Fantasy Football. It's that everyone had their best freakin' week of the year against me when they played me.

Was frustrating. I'd drop a guy, pick up a guy, retool... and improve every week... and STILL... I mean, I remember scoring 148.9 points and losing because my opponent had 149.0. Now that same week, no one else cracked 120... and I lost by a tenth of a point.... to stay winless... That same week a guy stayed unbeaten winning 77 to 68. He won with a 77...

Just not sure I wanna do that again... I already grind my teeth alot as it is...

Yeah, matchup nightmares. You definitely need a little luck.