Fantasy: 5 sleepers to watch [Bradford]

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://fantasyppr.com/2013/07/17/fantasy-football-sleepers-watch-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fantasyppr.com/2013/07/17/fantas ... ch-season/</a>

Five Sleepers To Watch This Season In Fantasy Football

Every year, there are those players who have breakout seasons in the NFL to help their team. A lot of times it comes down to a new opportunity, so trying to identify those players who have new roles is a good place to start. Here are five sleepers (one at each major position) to check out in the middle to late rounds of your fantasy football 2013 draft.

Quarterback – Sam Bradford

The first few seasons for former #1 pick Sam Bradford has been pretty average, which has led many people to simply overlook him. With so much young quarterback talent in the NFL, it is easy to forget that he is still young as well. The Rams might not be a playoff team yet, but he has new talent to throw the ball to and make things happen. Rookies Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey, along with free agent tight end Jared Cook, could all get solid touches in 2013.

Running Back – Rashard Mendenhall

No Pittsburgh Steelers running back did anything of significance in 2012, so it is easy to simply overlook a guy like Mendenhall. However, now that he is in Arizona, he has a new opportunity to get back to his high production days. He rushed for over 1100 in 2009 and 2010, and the Cardinals need someone to provide value on the ground. While teams focus on receivers Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd, expect Mendenhall to rack up some nice numbers.

Wide Receiver – Mike Williams

Who knows, maybe it is his generic name that throws fantasy football owners off. Whatever the case, the Tampa Bay Bucaneers expect big things out of the wide out in 2013. He put behind him an awful 2011 season to be a huge red zone target for the Bucs in 2012. As long as he stays healthy, 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns are possible.

Tight End – Fred Davis

The Washington Redskins will more than likely be a different team this season, mostly because star quarterback Robert Griffin III will not be asked to run the ball quite as much. That is good news for dependable targets like Fred Davis. He has had his injury issues in the past, but he is worth the risk if he stays low on draft boards.

Defense – Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Despite being the best run defense in the NFL last season, plus adding Darrelle Revis to the secondary, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not being thought of as a solid defense to draft. They play in a tough division with teams that can put up points in a hurry, but expect them to be much improved this season now that they are healthy.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Ive watched Rashard Mendenhall closely last season, he is not the same player he was since he hurt his knee. He may get 700-800 yards rushing but it will be for an ineffective 3.2 yards per rush.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
biggame1190 said:
Ive watched Rashard Mendenhall closely last season, he is not the same player he was since he hurt his knee. He may get 700-800 yards rushing but it will be for an ineffective 3.2 yards per rush.

I tend to agree with you, BG.

But, he's going to get every chance to be "the guy" in Arizona. They are thin!

Andre Ellington (6th rounder) and Stepfan Taylor (UDFA) are the only unknowns on that roster. Everyone else we've seen before and... yawn.

Then again... I'm a big believer; a runningback is the product of his oline. Granted, there are exceptions... but that's the way I see it.

And... AZ doesn't have much of an oline. Good luck Rashard!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I was thinking Sam would be my 2nd qb if he's there when I draft. Might end up the starter if the O comes alive. Austin's on there as well!