Fantastic Four Teaser Trailer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

fantasticfour45.jpg

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Looks to be an origin story, but it just doesn't seem to have the charm of the older films. Thing doesn't look right. Johnny and Sue are brother and sister, but the elephant in the room is their race. It doesn't make sense. And Richard is supposed to be an older guy with white hair streaks.

I'll probably end up seeing it, and I hope the movie is the complete polar opposite of what this trailer made it out to be.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Guess I'm on the flip side of your coin Angry, I thought the last 2 films were awful. Alba can't act to save her life, Reed was a dork and the films were just cheesy. I am liking the grittier sci-fi feel this one is giving off. Rumors are that the film is/was a disaster. And expectations are not high at all. But that could be a good thing. It's been long known Johnny and Sue were of different ethnicity... so I guess I've had time to adjust. Really not a huge deal. We'll see...

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Guess I'm on the flip side of your coin Angry, I thought the last 2 films were awful. Alba can't act to save her life, Reed was a dork and the films were just cheesy. I am liking the grittier sci-fi feel this one is giving off. Rumors are that the film is/was a disaster. And expectations are not high at all. But that could be a good thing. It's been long known Johnny and Sue were of different ethnicity... so I guess I've had time to adjust. Really not a huge deal. We'll see...

don't you talk about her like that :mad:;)

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
I think it'll be pretty good. I like Miles Teller and Michael B Jordan

and Kate Mara is pretty nice too.. one of my favorite movies

e5162809_Kate-Mara-shooter.jpeg

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Well, music is by Ólafur Arnalds (never heard of him) and it's the main theme for the TV show Broadchurch (never heard of it) -- TIL for me. I'm from 'Murica -- Arnalds and Broadchurch are not.

Hard to tell much from a Teaser.

It's confirmed as a reboot. Considering F4 movie history, probably not a bad idea. The question is how much of a reboot?

Angsty young adult angle could be in play -- yeah all those emo facial expressions. Considering the money made by the Twilight Saga, Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Convergent, etc., etc., insert your own, none of which I've seen, it wouldn't be a bad money strategy for 20th Century.

Agree with the grittier sci-fi feel. Waiting to see if they release any "fun" scenes.

That Aug. 7 release date is a week after M:I5 and Point Break, not the massive behemoth movies earlier in the summer. If the movie gets the Jupiter Ascending rescheduling treatment, that'll confirm disaster status to me.

Hey, they 'jacked Bane's C-130! I see cross-over opportunities. They could stick a green hoodie on Bane, call him something like Victor von Bane, and use him as a villain.

Athos

Legend
Kate Mara is smokin. No doubt. She's got that rockin' bod.

But, even though I'm really not a F4 fan, it doesn't even look like F4. Looks like your run of the mill SciFi movie.

And, with the costume of Dr. Doom already being released, and his backstory, fuck this movie. Fuck it hard. Dr. Doom is one of the best villains ever in Marvel and they totally trashed him into some computer hacking hipster nerd or something to that effect.

Like the other F4 movies, won't be spending a ticket price on this.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Sometimes movies are just bad, but they have charm. That's what the first 2 have. I disagree with Jessica, she was a good Sue Storm. Reed a dork? Duh, that's what he is in the comics!

Reed is also supposed to be an awkwardly goofy dude that contorts himself into funny shapes like anvils or wrecking balls or w/e. I think F4 would work better as a comedy.

But I'll end up watching this anyway.

admirlsfan

UDFA
Name
admirlsfan
Trailer looks fine to me. I have been on the fence about this movie. Thing, Sue and even the Torch look well conceived. I cannot buy that as Reed Richards and that is not Victor Von Doom. I can accept that they are going for the Ultimate Fantastic Four vibe with younger characters, but I am especially not feeling Reed. Maybe that will change after the movie.

click

Athos

Legend
Still unimpressed. And still pissed how fox, as usual, screwed up Doom.

But then, they also made Deadpool into a mockery.