Fans Across the Globe Share How They Became Rams Supporters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Fans-Across-the-Globe-Share-How-They-Became-Rams-Supporters/d98217c3-51b9-4b9d-b20c-b7263af34ef6

Fans Across the Globe Share How They Became Rams Supporters

The NFL fandom is a truly global one, stretching from cities around the United States, across the pond to the United Kingdom, and beyond. The Los Angeles Rams have played in London for the past two seasons and will venture to Mexico City to take on the Chiefs in 2018.

And as the NFL’s international series continues to expand, more and more sports fans around the world are beginning to follow professional American football — with many choosing the L.A. Rams as their “home” team.

This week, the United Kingdom’s No. 1 fan account — @LARams_UK — posed this question to its followers: “How did you become a Rams fan?”

The responses were filled with a variety of interesting and unique, personal anecdotes ranging from a chance encounter in a video game, to breakups, to familial ties. Take a look at some of the best responses below and be sure to check out more of the answers on the Los Angeles Rams UK Twitter Page.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
LA Rams UK is run by Tony who is one of our members here. He' a good bloke.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
My secret identity is uncovered!!

I've been out at a Gin Festival this weekend so haven't been able to log onto RoD this weekend.

There is now a group of four of us running LA Rams UK across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and we have a Graphic Designer as part of the group as well.

The Rams shared the content to their mobile platform first and then also via Twitter and Facebook, to say the group were hyped would be an understatement :yay::yay::yay::yay:

We have also had contact with the reporter from The Rams who originally shared the story as well so we're hoping that this is the start of something semi regular or at least they might come to us for other stories in the future.

I was in touch with The Rams last year when they came to London and I helped to make sure that there were plenty of European Rams fans at the Team Bar the night before the game against the Cardinals, my contact has just left on Maternity Leave but she has passed us onto the Social Media Manager so the LA Rams UK now have two contacts within the organisation :yess:

We're hoping to use these contacts to help us raise the profile of The Rams in the UK and Europe, we have big plans to organise gameday meet ups and other stuff as well.

#HornsUp Ramily

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not having this at all. A bloke from Yorkshire drinking gin. Didn't happen.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
I'm not having this at all. A bloke from Yorkshire drinking gin. Didn't happen.

It was YORKSHIRE Gin of course.

And yes I was slightly the worse for wear.

Still managed to pop into the magnificent Brew York to sample their wares and "acquire" a couple of their branded glasses

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Those types swill ale then?

'appen

(That's an answer in the affirmative round these parts)

As I said, I did manage to pop along to a local Brewery and avail myself of some very fine ales on the way home