Famous Actress Passes!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Actress Erin Moran, From the Hit TV Series " Happy Days" has passed away at age 56! I have no details of the death! Sad News!

Erin Moran1.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah... it's a shame. No details on what happened yet. I think I read she died in her home.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow. Still fairly young.

I Watched Happy Days every Tuesday night. The early episodes are still very good.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She was a year older than myself. I watch my youth fade away. As the song says, "take another little piece of my heart now baby." RIP.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
She was a year older than myself. I watch my youth fade away. As the song says, "take another little piece of my heart now baby." RIP.

I hear ya, buddy. I am 48.

Imagine this... in another 20 yrs or so, the world will be turned over to us. Most of those before us will be gone.

Don't get me started on the readiness of our kids to take the world over from us. :oops:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

Imagine this... in another 20 yrs or so, the world will be turned over to us. Most of those before us will be gone.

Don't get me started on the readiness of our kids to take the world over from us. :oops:

I think our kids will be more ready than our parents were - by necessity. The world needs to get its act together and fast.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think our kids will be more ready than our parents were - by necessity. The world needs to get its act together and fast.

Yeah. Glad you responded so quickly so I could clarify; I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful to anyone younger. I was just making the point it's kind of scary that my generation is "next up". All that wisdom before me is aging.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Yeah. Glad you responded so quickly so I could clarify; I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful to anyone younger. I was just making the point it's kind of scary that my generation is "next up". All that wisdom is aging.

I didn't take it as disrespectful towards anyone. The last few generations in America have underwhelmed if you ask me. We have had more wealth, power, and opportunity to do great things than ever before and we have largely squandered it.

I think part of human nature is to need to improve before we improve. Our grandparents made it easy on us and our parents generation and our generation just went along for the ride. Our kids are going to have to clean up after us - and I think they will be up to it.

I'm impressed with millennials myself - and I think they will right the ship once we and our parents get the hell out of their way.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I didn't take it as disrespectful towards anyone. The last few generations in America have underwhelmed if you ask me. We have had more wealth, power, and opportunity to do great things than ever before and we have largely squandered it.

I think part of human nature is to need to improve before we improve. Our grandparents made it easy on us and our parents generation and our generation just went along for the ride. Our kids are going to have to clean up after us - and I think they will be up to it.

I'm impressed with millennials myself - and I think they will right the ship once we and our parents get the hell out of their way.

I have hijacked the thread :oops:

Probably the biggest concern for me with today's youth, and I'm speaking in general here... a lot of things "have come easy for them". In the era of participation medals, instant gratification things like social media, and political correctness...I've seen too many examples where a mental toughness is lacking.

But, my generation had it easier than the one before me too.

Again. I am not painting everyone with the same brush here. Just an observation that life is a lot easier now due to modernization.

But, on topic; RIP Erin Moran

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I have hijacked the thread :oops:

Probably the biggest concern for me with today's youth, and I'm speaking in general here... a lot of things "have come easy for them". In the era of participation medals, instant gratification things like social media, and political correctness...I've seen too many examples where a mental toughness is lacking.

But, my generation had it easier than the one before me too.

Again. I am not painting everyone with the same brush here. Just an observation that life is a lot easier now due to modernization.

But, on topic; RIP Erin Moran

No no - this is much more interesting - I mean yes, RIP Erin Moran and peace to her family and all that - but back to the state of the world .... we are soft, our parents were soft - we can't expect to raise a hardened generation. Sure, we baby our kids the way we were babied but the bill is coming due and these kids see it.

They see what we have done to the environment and what it takes to slow down the destruction. They see student debt and many of them will make the intelligent decision to forgo buying a 6 figure piece of paper. They see what exclusivity produces and what inclusivity produces. They are going to possibly the first generation ever to really learn from the mistakes of their parents (us) and their grandparents and actually not repeat our mistakes. We had life laid out for us - go to school, do well, get a job, start a family. Those rules no longer apply. It isn't enough to follow the script now a days - even if you do it well.

They NEED to move us forward - or they are the ones who suffer. Humans do well with their backs against the wall and we are clearly putting them in that spot.

That's what makes you mentally tough - facing tough situations and rising above.

bluecoconuts

Legend

In another 20 years it'll probably be the Millennial's in charge.. I'm assuming you identify more with the Generation X than the Boomers (1969 would put you right around the change), which has basically been forgotten between the Boomer generation and the Millennial generation, and with how Millennials are now vying to push out the boomer generation and steer the world in the direction they see fit, I'm banking on them taking over. They're already taking office.

bluecoconuts

Legend
In the era of participation medals, instant gratification things like social media, and political correctness...I've seen too many examples where a mental toughness is lacking.

What I find most interesting is that many of those things, such as political correctness and participation medals were implemented because older generations couldn't handle hearing that their kid wasn't special. Soccer moms couldn't handle the fact that little Jimmy sucked at sports and made them give him a trophy so he didn't feel bad, when in reality little Jimmy didn't give two shits about sports in the first place and only did it because mom made him.

Same thing with political correctness, people couldn't stand others telling their kids they weren't good enough, if they failed a class parents go in and yell at the teacher like they did something wrong. That bred the idea that the kid didn't fail himself but others failed him instead, and the lesson of taking criticism and fixing what went wrong largely went out the window. That may not be such a terrible thing though, because much of the generation is now more willing to get mad about criticism rather than just take it, which can motivate them to actually fix the problem rather than simply giving it lip service to get the critics off your back, which is a big problem with previous generations in my opinion. A willingness to only prolong the issue until it's no longer your concern rather than actually fix it so it's no longer anyone's concern.

The Millennial generation is one that has a lot of elements that piss me off, and a lot of weaknesses that I don't like either. Generations tend to look at the newer ones and say they're bad, but the Millennial generation is the first to hear the criticism and say "You know what? Fuck you, you're not so great either, and here's why"... And that's what brings me hope about Millennials, if there's an issue as a collective we're not afraid to point it out.

It's easy to talk the talk, but it's going to be sooner rather than later when we can see if everyone is willing to actually walk the walk.

bnw

Pro Bowler
RIP Erin Moran.

If what I see happening on college campuses is indicative of what the future holds then this country is toast. Oh BTW snowflakes melt when the heat is turned up.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
When most of those closest to her talk about the "peace she sought so much"... words like that, makes me think she was fighting some demons and not always winning. Pretty sure there was a much needed stint in rehab at one point.

Sad to hear about her early demise. RIP, Erin Moran.