False sense of security or confidence booster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"It's very satisfying," Bradford said. "The way we finished definitely shows that we're comfortable out there. I think we're moving into the regular season in a very nice way." Harbaugh, gearing up for a Super Bowl run after losing in the AFC title game last season, started just a handful of his regulars as he does every year in the preseason finale.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ore-ravens

What do you think? Was playing the starters against 2nd stringers a way to boost confidence, or do you think this lopsided win will give them a false sense of security heading into the season opener? How would it affect you as a player? Would you put this one behind you real quick?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ultra valuable reps for a very young team. Maybe priceless.

RAMilyGuy

UDFA
Even practice can be a confidence booster, and the guys out there for the ravens were, for the most part, NOT practice squad guys. They were hauling ass for a chance to move up the depth chart.

I say they should have gotten a big confidence boost. They executed well, they saw the offense work, and they made plays on D. Its not like just because they were 2nd stringers, it was like there was no one lining up on the other side of the ball.

had

Rookie
X said:
"It's very satisfying," Bradford said. "The way we finished definitely shows that we're comfortable out there. I think we're moving into the regular season in a very nice way." Harbaugh, gearing up for a Super Bowl run after losing in the AFC title game last season, started just a handful of his regulars as he does every year in the preseason finale.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ore-ravens

What do you think? Was playing the starters against 2nd stringers a way to boost confidence, or do you think this lopsided win will give them a false sense of security heading into the season opener? How would it affect you as a player? Would you put this one behind you real quick?

How about Janoris Jenkins. Nice.

I did not see the game, but in that Sando post, he says Bradford was hit, but was not affected by it -- paraphrase -- and I think that's huge. Big confidence boost.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think both. It's not like we faced their #1 D. But, Bradford was throwing darts and looked very good. I will even eat a little crow because he scrambled a bit which was great to see :)
I hope it's false concern, but the pass D is a little unsettling from what I've seen in presseason. I think they'll play more agressive in the regular season, but week 1 is a great test for sure. Not sure if I'd rather have more of a cupcake first game or a real test to see where we are really at. Lions have a really good O. Can't wait though, love me some football!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Depends on how you handle it. If they think all their troubles are over they're in trouble. But I don't think anyone is thinking that. I think it's a good boost of confidence. I know I always loved it when I put points on the board, didn't matter if it was practice, scrimmage, or exhibition play. Nothing worse than being in a slump and feeling like you can't do anything right.

Iron Lion

Starter
The Ravens' Twos on defense should be equivalent to my Lions' Ones on defense, so if there is a false sense of security it won't pop up until Week 2.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huge boost that the Rams needed. Sam throws 3 TD's in 1 game 2012, 6 TD's for the entire 2011 season.
This has to make Sam feel better about this season and put the 2011 stats behind him.
I like what I saw and it proves that if the other team only rushes 3 guys, Sam is going to/is capable of tearing them apart. Now, if they bring the heat and rush 6 or more, we may have a problem. If Sam can take learn to the heat, and still complete passes, we may have a very respectable season.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I really hope they don't see this as security, especially after 2011 preseason which showed that even if you look like the GSOT in the preason, it don't mean shit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Simply a good work out for the team. As they know it doesn't count, it was likely more about reps against lesser known opponents; getting timing down; more familiarity with each other in game situations.

Winning is almost always a plus for most athletes even in meaningless games. I don't know if it is either one but they are at least going to be upbeat after it.