Falcons want Greg Robinson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Stop confirming my worst fears. :mad:

I do think the Browns are going to pick a QB in the first considering the fact that they have another 1st round pick at #26.
I think Hoyer will be their guy, so I don't think they will take a QB with their 1st pick. I agree, that it will hurt us, value wise, if no team picks a QB in the top 6.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, that was my fault paceram. There isn't any way the veracity of that rumor could be determined. I will say this though, OT is one of their big needs.

Alan - No, that WAS a STUPID way to put my question! I will be very, very happy when the DRAFT finally gets here (there are so many silly rumors out there and I wish I was smart enough to know which ones have some kind of validity to them!)!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes OLT is a big need for the Falcons. I could see it. I don't like trading down to 6 though because the guy I want most is Matthews and EVERY year the best OTs go early. I could see Jacksonville, or Oakland taking Matthews. He is better than what they have at OLT.

Say it goes this way:

Houston - Mack
Atlanta - Robinson
Jacksonville - Matthews
Cleveland - Watkins
Oakland - Clowney
Rams - ?

The best players are off the board and the Rams would probably try to trade back a bit again. Would they take Evans at 6? Martin? Lewan? I think 6 is high for all of them. I really want them to get one of the top impact players out of this draft. It is Star time not filler time.

Maybe that means they trade with Dallas so they get Manziere. So the Rams move all the way out of the top ten completely. It would take one hell of a lot of good compensation for me to be happy about it. I usually don't get too uppity over drafts but this scenario would be a huge disappointment for me.

Assuming we couldn't trade back, I'd just take Evans. Might take him there anyways.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes OLT is a big need for the Falcons. I could see it. I don't like trading down to 6 though because the guy I want most is Matthews and EVERY year the best OTs go early. I could see Jacksonville, or Oakland taking Matthews. He is better than what they have at OLT.

Say it goes this way:

Houston - Mack
Atlanta - Robinson
Jacksonville - Matthews
Cleveland - Watkins
Oakland - Clowney
Rams - ?

The best players are off the board and the Rams would probably try to trade back a bit again. Would they take Evans at 6? Martin? Lewan? I think 6 is high for all of them. I really want them to get one of the top impact players out of this draft. It is Star time not filler time.

Maybe that means they trade with Dallas so they get Manziere. So the Rams move all the way out of the top ten completely. It would take one hell of a lot of good compensation for me to be happy about it. I usually don't get too uppity over drafts but this scenario would be a huge disappointment for me.

In that scenario I would personally select Evans!

Alan

Legend
paceram fighting to get all the credit:
Alan - No, that WAS a STUPID way to put my question!
Don't be piggy! Let's just agree to share the stupidity. (y) :LOL:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I guess that was kind of a stupid question! I really meant to ask if anyone had heard more of that rumor and what were their thoughts/opinions.
That would be an ideal thread title i agree :)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That would be an ideal thread title i agree :)
Oh, that's what people want. I was so confused....
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2045716-2014-nfl-draft-trade-rumors-falcons-eyeing-greg-robinson

2014 NFL Draft trade rumors: Falcons eyeing Greg Robinson?
By Ryan Van Bibber @justRVB on Apr 29 2014, 2:10p 55

20130222_mje_ss1_272.0_standard_709.0.jpg

USA TODAY Sports
Ă—
Get the latest St. Louis Rams news with Turf Show Times
Follow Turf Show Times on Twitter
Like Turf Show Times Facebook

One report suggests the Atlanta Falcons could be targeting an offensive tackle with a trade up.

Maybe the Atlanta Falcons aren't targeting Jadeveon Clowney at all. Maybe they're targeting a surprise player, like say, Auburn offensive tackle Greg Robinson, as one report on Tuesday afternoon suggests. If so, that could be very good news for the St. Louis Rams.

Is that legit? Who knows. This time of year, everything sounds legit, but nothing usually is. Like the Rams/Manziel rumors, take it with a grain of salt. However, if this report does hold water, that only increases Les Snead's ability to deal the second overall pick with Clowney still on the board.

If Atlanta really is targeting an offensive tackle, they're likely to have at least one fall to them at No. 6, be it Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan or someone else.

If Robinson is their guy, they might not have to trade up to the top spot at all. The Rams' second pick would be prime real estate for selecting Robinson, who has been mocked to the Rams over and over again with that pick. Moving to the sixth spot would open up more options for the Rams, be it a receiver, Jake Matthews or a surprise pick.

We've got nine days to go. Get ready for plenty more of this.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Any truth to the stories I have read that the Falcons really want to trade up for Greg Robinson NOT Clowney? The Rams #2 pick might be more valuable than I thought! This Draft is getting more interesting everyday!

The Falcons DO want Robinson, but from what I've read, they really don't want to give up pick #37. In addition to OT, they want a safety and an edge rusher. I've also seen alot of apprehension about trading up for Clowney, too! My guess is they let one of the top tackles fall to them at #6 and keep #37 for a safety or Demarcus Lawrence. (they really like this guy)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Falcons DO want Robinson, but from what I've read, they really don't want to give up pick #37. In addition to OT, they want a safety and an edge rusher. I've also seen alot of apprehension about trading up for Clowney, too! My guess is they let one of the top tackles fall to them at #6 and keep #37 for a safety or Demarcus Lawrence. (they really like this guy)
It seems as if trading your whole draft away for a single player, doesn't really work out all that well...

SierraRam

Recreational User
It seems as if trading your whole draft away for a single player, doesn't really work out all that well...

Ha! Can you think of one example where it has?? Not me. Like us, this draft is deep in the Falcons' positions of need. Their fan forums definitely want them to sit tight and stock up with their 10 picks.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ha! Can you think of one example where it has?? Not me. Like us, this draft is deep in the Falcons' positions of need. Their fan forums definitely want them to sit tight and stock up with their 10 picks.
All we have to do is go to very recent history, and why we have the #2 overall pick, and also part of the reason why the Falcons struggled this past season. Not mention why they made the movie, Draft Day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Assuming we couldn't trade back, I'd just take Evans. Might take him there anyways.

He is not as finished a product as AJ Green or Julio Jones and that would be slotting him about the same spot. I guess if they couldn't trade back he might be the best option but man that would not be an optimum us of the #6 pick at this point in time. Maybe 3 years from now Evans is everything that some people think he could be......maybe he is Mike Williams the 2nd.

Maybe Donald would be the best option.

SierraRam

Recreational User
All we have to do is go to very recent history, and why we have the #2 overall pick, and also part of the reason why the Falcons struggled this past season. Not mention why they made the movie, Draft Day.
images
One last time, thanks Dan for making our draft the most interesting in football. (I got this pick from a Redskin forum)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Don't the Raiders need an OLT after letting Veldheer go and losing Saffold?
They have K. Barnes, and drafted Menelik Watson, but I don't think that alone would preclude them from drafting an OT.

Alan

Legend
I think there will be at least 5 OTs picked in the first round. maybe 7 if Bitonio and Kouandjio are taken. Though I don't think the last two are 1st round quality.