Falcons want Greg Robinson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Any truth to the stories I have read that the Falcons really want to trade up for Greg Robinson NOT Clowney? The Rams #2 pick might be more valuable than I thought! This Draft is getting more interesting everyday!

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're asking us? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess that was kind of a stupid question! I really meant to ask if anyone had heard more of that rumor and what were their thoughts/opinions.

Speeps

Starter
I have read a tweet about it from Russ Lande I believe. That's very interesting if it's true.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I guess that was kind of a stupid question! I really meant to ask if anyone had heard more of that rumor and what were their thoughts/opinions.
I sure don't want to pick Robinson at 2 after the whole Jason Smith pick, I'd be all sorts of giddy if Clowney fell to us even if HOU traded the no. 1.

Alan

Legend
No, that was my fault paceram. There isn't any way the veracity of that rumor could be determined. I will say this though, OT is one of their big needs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes OLT is a big need for the Falcons. I could see it. I don't like trading down to 6 though because the guy I want most is Matthews and EVERY year the best OTs go early. I could see Jacksonville, or Oakland taking Matthews. He is better than what they have at OLT.

Say it goes this way:

Houston - Mack
Atlanta - Robinson
Jacksonville - Matthews
Cleveland - Watkins
Oakland - Clowney
Rams - ?

The best players are off the board and the Rams would probably try to trade back a bit again. Would they take Evans at 6? Martin? Lewan? I think 6 is high for all of them. I really want them to get one of the top impact players out of this draft. It is Star time not filler time.

Maybe that means they trade with Dallas so they get Manziere. So the Rams move all the way out of the top ten completely. It would take one hell of a lot of good compensation for me to be happy about it. I usually don't get too uppity over drafts but this scenario would be a huge disappointment for me.

iced

why would jags spend two top 5 picks back to back on a tackle?

Jax is taken khalil mack , imo

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yes OLT is a big need for the Falcons. I could see it. I don't like trading down to 6 though because the guy I want most is Matthews and EVERY year the best OTs go early. I could see Jacksonville, or Oakland taking Matthews. He is better than what they have at OLT.

Say it goes this way:

Houston - Mack
Atlanta - Robinson
Jacksonville - Matthews
Cleveland - Watkins
Oakland - Clowney
Rams - ?

The best players are off the board and the Rams would probably try to trade back a bit again. Would they take Evans at 6? Martin? Lewan? I think 6 is high for all of them. I really want them to get one of the top impact players out of this draft. It is Star time not filler time.

Maybe that means they trade with Dallas so they get Manziere. So the Rams move all the way out of the top ten completely. It would take one hell of a lot of good compensation for me to be happy about it. I usually don't get too uppity over drafts but this scenario would be a huge disappointment for me.
Probably the WORST case scenario for the Rams. Wow, that would suck, IMHO.

lockdnram21

Legend
i think it will go like this if we trade

Hou:Clowney
Atl:Robinson
Jags:Mack
Cle: Watkins
Oak:Evans
Stl:Matthews

no way clowney doesnt go #1 imo

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Not far off, IMO. I think Manziel goes to either Jax, Cle, Oak, or someone trading up.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

If the Rams do trade with the Falcons I sure do hope they get a lot in return because I would hate to miss out on the 5 players mentioned above Matthews!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I read that as well. Sounds like garbage to me.
It doesn't make sense to trade up with Houston, for Robinson.

Alan

Legend
Elmgrovegnome not liking the QBs:

Say it goes this way:

Houston - Mack
Atlanta - Robinson
Jacksonville - Matthews
Cleveland - Watkins
Oakland - Clowney
Rams - ?

You don't see a QB going in the top 5?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You don't see a QB going in the top 5?
Alan, I think it's possible that a team might want to wait, or trade down, because there doesn't appear to be a consensus guy at QB this year. There are a BUNCH of really good developmental QB's, IMO, which kind of makes this draft unique. I don't think the Browns are in for a 1st round QB for sure. But, who knows, this is a very hard draft to predict.

I could see a QB not going until about mid first round, but teams fall in love with guys, and QB's are typically overdrafted, as you know.

Alan

Legend
DR RAM having my same nightmares:
Alan, I think it's possible that a team might want to wait, or trade down, because there doesn't appear to be a consensus guy at QB this year. There are a BUNCH of really good developmental QB's, IMO, which kind of makes this draft unique. I don't think the Browns are in for a 1st round QB for sure. But, who knows, this is a very hard draft to predict.

I could see a QB not going until about mid first round, but teams fall in love with guys, and QB's are typically overdrafted, as you know.
Stop confirming my worst fears. :mad:

I do think the Browns are going to pick a QB in the first considering the fact that they have another 1st round pick at #26.