Falcons@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Goff is to blame when the defense gets blown out? Might as well let him learn against real NFL defenses, and you can see improvements week to week in the little things. Fisher didn't do Goff any favors, he kept Case in during the easy stretch of our season and put Goff in against a tough stretch. Dolphins coming off 5 wins with a great defense (and the rain didn't help), still Goff had us in position to win (if not for some drops).. Then the Patriots, Fisher was never going to win, and two high flying offenses in the Saints and Falcons, our defense got gassed and our offense is not good enough to keep up.
Three and outs add up when you are trying to catch your defensive breath. Defenses play harder in close games. A blowout is just what it sounds like a blowout and we have had three of them in a row.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
My vent?

I was in LA. I was offered FREE 45 yard line seats with parking. Just show up at the tailgate party and enjoy.

I graciously turned down the offer. Why? Because I didn't want to ruin my time with my girlfriend by watching my favorite team embarrass themselves yet again. I just can't stand to watch it on TV let alone go through the effort of getting to and from the Coliseum. I just can't...

That is my ultimate vent. I can't stand to even watch my favorite team play. It doesn't get any worse IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Case was able to move the chains and give the defense some rest and more important the games were kept close giving the defense confidence that they weren't just wasting their time and energy.
And of course this isn't true. Rams scored td on their 1st or 2nd drive in each of Goff 1st 2 starts and they were down double digits in each of the last 3 games before the 2nd quarter even hit.
This conversation is silly, I bet even Keenum's wife knows that he played as well as Case Lol

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Three and outs add up when you are trying to catch your defensive breath. Defenses play harder in close games. A blowout is just what it sounds like a blowout and we have had three of them in a row.
The more you post stuff like this, the less people will take you seriously. Plenty of blame to go around after these losses, but to pick on a rookie QB behind the worst offensive line in the NFL is pathetic. Talk about low hanging fruit. Your "solution" to the Rams woes is to insert Keenum back into the lineup? At 4-9???

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My first vent after watching the game recorded late last night was....why did they run OT Andrew Donnal out there @ OG & bench Cody Wichmann when we all know this past month the biggest issue we have had with sacks pressure & hits on Goff is from the Right OT post where Rob Havenstein has gave way under pressure most each & every time.

I know that GRob is a 10 yd penalty waiting to happen & he does consistently fail on both run & pass blocks but Havenstein has outdone him in the area of total fail mode in pass protection....Havenstein has been gaining on GRob fast ....now that's a big accomplishment:shocking:. The only OL'er yesterday who did not have a penalty call on him was Tim Barnes. I thought Tim Barnes was fired up & turned in a very good performance but he had some issues on a few pass rushes too.

I suggest Saturday that a change @ RT was pass due & thought that Saffold was the right OL'er to fill the bill but Fisher & Boudreau did not agree with me. I think I know why Boudreau benched Cody Wichmann because he was having big issues handling the overloads & stunts in passing situations. But we saw it continue yesterday even with Brown & Donnal in there @ OG. The common dominator here is Havenstein.

I would suggest that we insert a different OT in @ ORT. Either Andrew Donnal or Rodger Saffold & lets see what happens. If its Saffold then Brown would start @ OLG. If its Donnal then Brown starts @ ORG. But please lets fix the gapping hole ongoing on the right outside OT area in order to save Goff's future.:mad:

Its obvious that Fisher's selections of starters in our OL has been a DISASTER. The two longer starters Saffold & Robinson have been here starting for over 3 seasons, so its safe to say that we know that they should not be in the plan to start next season. Saffold should be released & GRob demoted. GRob would have to earn the position of Swing OT then....did I say learn? Shame on me I should know better than that. The others Brown, OG Barnes, ORT Havenstein, OT Donnal, OT Williams, OC Rhaney, OLT Pace Murphy & OT Isaiah Battle have been here less than 2 seasons so there may be some hope to retrain & refurbish them.

Last edited:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The more you post stuff like this, the less people will take you seriously. Plenty of blame to go around after these losses, but to pick on a rookie QB behind the worst offensive line in the NFL is pathetic. Talk about low hanging fruit. Your "solution" to the Rams woes is to insert Keenum back into the lineup? At 4-9???
Well then why don't we do this a little different. Why don't any of you tell me what you see in Goff that makes you think he should be playing? Put Case aside...just what do you all see in this kid? Can you tell me that he is having a better rookie showing than Bradford? I think not. The QB leads the team and Goff just doesn't have it yet. IMO

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But both would probably be awful. I always pass on Chinese restaurants that include American on their sign. Usually bland goop. I can't imagine a place doing good Chinese and Italian. Oh the horror!
Egg Foo Young parmagiana?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This team just isn't good. It's not coaching alone, it's talent too. It's not 2009 bad, but that was historically bad. It's bad though. I don't think this is a playoff team with different coaches. Maybe an improved team, but not a playoff team. Rams need a very big offseason.
Luckily, we have a lot of high draft picks... oh, wait :(

Psycho_X

Legend
Saw this on twitter. Seemed appropriate here.

Czc2EMRUUAAsr_R.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mo tried to kill himself
I wanna see this, when did it happen?

The team has clearly quit.
hmmm...who said this a couple weeks ago? What clinched it for you? What did you see besides the score?

I truly believe the players have given up on Fisher and are done with him.
Hmmmm...same, what did it for you?
Todd Gurley questions his teammates effort. Sounds like I'm not the only one who thinks some of the players have given up.
Exactly...I was there 2 weeks ago...
Anyone making generalizations that the team has quit really doesn't know what they're talking about.
Ahhhh-Haaaa! I was looking for you and blackbart...Now, Todd Gurley is implying the same thing. Who's right? Whom do YOU believe????

Case should still be playing IMO... it's about winning right?
Why? What has Case done to deserve a second chance? And it's not about winning when your out of the playoffs with a young team. It's about development. Attitude..Culture. And for some, preservation...
Case a veteran must be wondering why he got replaced.
He is??? Really? Did he look at film of his games?

This team just isn't good. It's not coaching alone, it's talent too. It's not 2009 bad, but that was historically bad. It's bad though. I don't think this is a playoff team with different coaches.
Fro...after 10 games...what game did we NOT have a chance to win? After SF...what game was unwinnable?
He has not impressed me in the slightest.
Tough critic...That's cool. Now tell me what impressed you about Keenum? I'll wait....

Case was able to move the chains
Check his 3rd down completion %%%....You must be joking.

I would suggest that we insert a different OT in @ ORT.
Ahhh...my dear friend....Let's get G-Rob some time the next 3 games at RT....

Listen, Vic Beasley is a combine beast. His numbers are off the charts...And Havenstein is the total opposite of the spectrum...makes perfect sense he got ate alive....Still, the bull rush...with the speed rush he put on Havenstein...hell, he's worse than Barksdale vs Houston....Move G-Rob to RT....find a real LT....draft a center.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I wanna see this, when did it happen?

Ahhhh-Haaaa! I was looking for you and blackbart...Now, Todd Gurley is implying the same thing. Who's right? Whom do YOU believe????

I said don't make a generalization about the whole team quitting, that's just not true. The players I know have not quit. On the other-hand, Gurley was implying that there may be a few on the team that have quit or aren't giving their all and I've got no arguments with that sentiment. I just think it's pretty unfair to most of the team to make general statements that "the team" has quit.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff ain't quit did you see that run for a TD

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Goff ain't quit did you see that run for a TD

Yes!!! He kid is gonna be great

I'm really excited about what we have - that pass to Quick was All Pro
He hangs in there like a man,
Just like Kurt

We have finally drafted a superstar QB

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
on the other-hand, Gurley was implying that there may be a few on the team that have quit or aren't giving their all and I've got no arguments with that sentiment.
my bad....I never mean EVERY player....but if you're in the game, and the guy next to you isn't giving his all, and you don't say anything...hell, you quit too....but I do agree with you...it's obvious most of the serious players haven't quit...and by serious, I mean, young upcoming future stars....

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Well then why don't we do this a little different. Why don't any of you tell me what you see in Goff that makes you think he should be playing? Put Case aside...just what do you all see in this kid? Can you tell me that he is having a better rookie showing than Bradford? I think not. The QB leads the team and Goff just doesn't have it yet. IMO

View: https://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What do I see in Goff? A shitload of talent. Elusiveness in the pocket. Strong arm. Accurate. Quick-minded. Quick release. Quick feet. Tough. Ballsy. Basically, everything that led the Rams to draft him #1 overall.

Stop comparing him to Bradford. It's such silly nonsense. Goff has started 4 games. A number of franchise QBs looked far worse than Goff did in their first 4 starts. Hell, Bradford's numbers weren't much different in his first 4 starts.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
What do I see in Goff? A shitload of talent. Elusiveness in the pocket. Strong arm. Accurate. Quick-minded. Quick release. Quick feet. Tough. Ballsy. Basically, everything that led the Rams to draft him #1 overall.
Really? Okay.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You're not even coming up with logical arguments at this point. The offense constantly went 3-and-out under Keenum. We were the worst team in the NFL when it came to 3rd down conversions. We were the worst team in the NFL at scoring. The difference between then and now was the defense playing at a high level.

Stop with these bad arguments. You can't even justify continuing to start Keenum. At best, the Rams win 1 of the last 4 games (Miami). And that's not even remotely guaranteed considering Keenum's penchant for making boneheaded mistakes in the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.