Falcons Open To Trading Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff told reporters on Friday that they will consider possibly trading up in this year’s draft, per Vaughn McClure.

• Dimitroff added that they have yet extend any offers to their impending free agents, per Vaughn McClure.
Atlanta has been mentioned as a team to watch with regards to trading up in the 2014 NFL Draft — possibly for South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney — given that Dimitroff has made a move up in the past for talented player.

The Falcons are currently sitting at No. 6 overall, but recent reports have indicated that several could be looking to trade back including the Rams at No. 2 overall.

As for their free agents, the most notable players they have to decide on includes DTs Jonathan Babineaux and Corey Peters, CB Dominique Franks, and TE Chase Coffman.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Screw you ATL...

They mortgage the farm. At best they'll drive the bid up a dime.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Speaking on behalf of myself only, I seem to like where the Falcons set @ #6. If I were in the Sammy Watkins camp I would not want this proposed trade down spot. The Oakland Raiders IMO @ #5 would be a very high probable landing spot for the top pass catcher. One of the top two OL'ers should be on the board @ #6. The Watkins camp should prefer the Browns spot @#4 where I feel Watkins should still be there. Looks to me that of the teams that have the selections in the top ten it would be the Rams & Raiders most interested in Sammy. The Detroit Lions would not pass on a Sammy if for some reason he dropped to them @#11.

The Falcons sure have a big vacancy in a pass rusher area. Jadeveon is well known in the Atlanta area & would bring a very big talent to the defensive side of the team. The Falcons OL has issues too but they do have some OL talent under contract, that was injured for most of 2013 season. The Jags would figure in as a team who could not pass on Jadeveon @#3.

I really hope that Jadeveon just blows the combine up where many teams GM's have drool streams . But it could also cause the Texans to consider him plus the rest of the NFL teams begin to get in a bidding war for Jadeveon. Rams would be left out. But it puts the Rams in the driver seat to control all the bids for the top QB selection.

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speaking on behalf of myself only, I seem to like where the Falcons set @ #6. If I were in the Sammy Watkins camp I would not want this proposed trade down spot. The Oakland Raiders IMO @ #5 would be a very high probable landing spot for the top pass catcher. One of the top two OL'ers should be on the board @ #6. The Watkins camp should prefer the Browns spot @#4 where I feel Watkins should still be there. Looks to me that of the teams that have the selections in the top ten it would be the Rams & Raiders most interested in Sammy. The Detroit Lions would not pass on a Sammy if for some reason he dropped to them @#11.

The Falcons sure have a big vacancy in a pass rusher area. Jadeveon is well known in the Atlanta area & would bring a very big talent to the defensive side of the team. The Falcons OL has issues too but they do have some OL talent under contract, that was injured for most of 2013 season. The Jags would figure in as a team who could not pass on Jadeveon @#3.

I really hope that Jadeveon just blows the combine up!

1 QB taken at #1 and Jadeveon blowing up the combine is good for us.

That leaves one other QB in either Bortles or Manziel that could have teams wanting our spot as well.

I hope we can let the bidding war commence after the combine!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
1 QB taken at #1 and Jadeveon blowing up the combine is good for us.

That leaves one other QB in either Bortles or Manziel that could have teams wanting our spot as well.

I hope we can let the bidding war commence after the combine!

Or the reversal of that where the Texans trade out & the team that traded up set the price which I feel would be very high now the Rams are sitting @ #2 with the set price for the top QB in the draft trade!

Browns & Vikings would be on the phone with the Bucs & Titans thinking about it.