Falcons' new stadium will sell food and beer at unbelievably low prices

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.aol.com/article/finance...-at-unbe/23028140/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

The Atlanta Falcons' new stadium will sell food and beer at unbelievably low prices

In a world of constant inflation and outrageous stadium food prices, the Atlanta Falcons could emerge as one of the most fan-friendly teams in all of sports.

Atlanta's new home turf, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, is set to open its doors on August 26, and once it does, Falcons fans will be able to buy concessions at prices most fans can only dream of. ESPN's Darren Rovell tweeted an image of the intended rates on Tuesday.

DEeRQIXXgAECtHS

Buying expensive stadium concessions can be frustrating for fans. In 2015, for example, the combined price of a hot dog, a soda and a small beer at a San Francisco 49ers game was $22, meaning a group of four could easily spend upwards of $100 on food.

But that won't be a problem at Mercedes-Benz Stadium — not with its bottom-barrel prices. Fans will be able to purchase that same hot dog meal for just $9, much more in line with grocery-store rates, or perhaps fast-food rates.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said he authorized the low prices in an effort to better accommodate the fans.

"We focused from the beginning on building a unique fan experience at Mercedes-Benz Stadium with a goal of helping those who visit to leave the stadium with great memories shared with family and friends, not aggravation and frustration about their experience," he said in a statement.

The Falcons will play their first-ever game in the new stadium on September 17, hosting the Green Bay Packers. Expect the concession stands to be just as popular as the action on the field.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
$5.00 for beer? Nice, I will bet there will be a limit, however, the Falcons owner Arthur Blank one of the better owners and deserved a Lombardi over that evil empire from the east.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Don't expect the Colesium to follow suit. 15$ for a 12oz Corona and 8$ for a limp hot dog.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Don't expect the Colesium to follow suit. 15$ for a 12oz Corona and 8$ for a limp hot dog.

I agree the prices will be higher, but I'm betting on some high profile food like a California Roll and other sushi combined with some vegan choices as well also expecting upper class Frankfurters because of all the high profile hot dogs in the Golden State.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let us Pray this starts a Trend across the League!! The Prices a games make it a "No-Fun-League"!
To me the Price in Atlanta could still be Cut in Half and still be profitable!

bnw

Pro Bowler
Even at those prices there will still be substantial profit from concessions. Huge kudos to Mr. Blank for thinking about the fan experience over profit!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"We focused from the beginning on building a unique fan experience at Mercedes-Benz Stadium with a goal of helping those who visit to leave the stadium with great memories shared with family and friends, not aggravation and frustration about their experience," he said in a statement.

Even at those prices there will still be substantial profit from concessions. Huge kudos to Mr. Blank for thinking about the fan experience over profit!

I remember when this first broke months ago and I was delighted to see it.

Blank is trying to reverse a growing trend, which is shrinking attendance. TV ratings aside, and that will have advertisers going back to the NFL asking for rebates since they aren't getting what they paid for.......people aren't going to the games and it's been trending down for a couple of years.

It costs too much in most markets and in new stadiums in major metro areas it's become so expensive that it's almost dumb to spend that kind of money for an experience that isn't that enjoyable compared to other things you could do with that money. Would you pay about $500 to go see the Philadelphia Eagles? Keep in mind that's the AVERAGE price, if you or your family eat or drink more than one beverage, beer or hot dog it goes up. $75 to park a car to see the Cowboys? Seriously?

The NFL is starting to cross over into the area of "pretty bad value" and Blank sees it coming. Meanwhile the NBA and MLB are way, WAY better values. In some same markets it can cost half or even less to go see an NBA or MLB game versus going to see the NFL franchise play. Go to an NBA and you will see what I mean, it's more fun and engaging for your "average" fan.

Here is a good article from Business Insider with a breakdown of cost per team for NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL teams in the US. The differences are startling.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-cost-2014-1

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Certainly better than the prices I see buying food and drinks at Dodger stadium. But then again, cost of living in Atlanta is cheaper than in LA.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Three things...

1. AOL is still around?

2. This gem:

Buying expensive stadium concessions can be frustrating for fans. In 2015, for example, the combined price of a hot dog, a soda and a small beer at a San Francisco 49ers game was $22, meaning a group of four could easily spend upwards of $100 on food.

Family of four? I'm assuming husband, wife, and two kids. Unless these kids are in their 20s, how on earth would the food cost be $100?

Exactly. Arthur Blank is an amazing owner, and if I were a Falcon fan would have no worries about his desire to win rather than branding.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I can't believe a fucking hot dog costs a dollar. I can't believe a hamburger costs $5.....Shit should be .50 cent. I get the over charging of beer...You'd have the entire visitors section lit by the 2nd quarter....You should see the tailgaters....Drunk by 12 for a 1:30 start.
also expecting upper class Frankfurters because of all the high profile hot dogs in the Golden State.
My wife is always telling me Nathan's is BETTER than Oscar Meyers.....LOLOOLOLOL....it's a hotdog....and there is a bunch of stuff in both that she/we don't wanna know about. I recently tried some hog head cheese and almost died.....LOLOLOL

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My wife is always telling me Nathan's is BETTER than Oscar Meyers.....LOLOOLOLOL....it's a hotdog....and there is a bunch of stuff in both that she/we don't wanna know about. I recently tried some hog head cheese and almost died.....LOLOLOL

They are bad for you no debating that, but there is a difference...Try one of these
4E92BC18-6F2D-CD94-4D2A-805DB4C4BEA4.jpeg

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I can't believe a freaking hot dog costs a dollar. I can't believe a hamburger costs $5.....crap should be .50 cent. I get the over charging of beer...You'd have the entire visitors section lit by the 2nd quarter....You should see the tailgaters....Drunk by 12 for a 1:30 start.

The cost of making a burger averages around 50 cents. Gotta make a profit somewhere...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny thing is that they aren't really low prices at all, only low compared to the ridiculously over priced prices paid at events. A hamburger, fries and a coke would cost $10. Wouldn't call that "unbelievable low price"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Wait until the new stadium opens. It'll probably go up 30%.

Family of four? I'm assuming husband, wife, and two kids. Unless these kids are in their 20s, how on earth would the food cost be $100?

Well if you multiply the 22 by 4 you get 88. So it's not hard to figure at least another 12 to get to 100 bucks. The hotdogs aren't big, I could eat 3 easily. One beer each for an entire game is conservative for two grown ups since the event take over 3 hours. One drink for a kid may not be enough either. My guess is if you took two kids , one over 10 say 13 or so and say an 8 year old you are buying more than 4 drinks and 4 hot dogs. A lot more. It's end up being well over 100 bucks. Figure 2 beers per adult and 4 hot dogs, maybe just 3 and some peanuts and 3 hot dogs for the kids and two drinks each.

You are looking at $30 more for the beer, Another $15 or so for the hot dogs. Another $10 for the soft drinks. That $55.

And no program or hat yet....... :(

Always buy kosher dogs. Always.

They don't have the yucky stuff.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I wanted to talk about this a little bit.

Blank is so totally correct it's not even debatable that this is a very smart move for him.

Now I usually always comment about the marketing and PR blunders the NFL makes because truly they are not that talented when it comes to that. They have been clumsy way too often. Like the pushing games in China to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the sport. That's just a dumbshit thing to say.

Fans are fed up and Blank is taking an approach to make it positive, not negative. It's fantastic and I hope it gets so much attention that other stadiums are forced to follow suit.