Falcons investigated for artificial crowd noise

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Maybe I'm naive, but I'm going to have a hard time if the Rams are ever found guilty of this sort of thing. As in turn me against the current heads of the organization bad.

I agree it's more than just the Pats and the Niners cheating... I still hold out hope it's not everyone.
Or maybe it is just media and fans over analyzing every aspect of the game as cheating? Some things have very little consequence especially if the majority of the NFL is doing it. Other teams alter footballs, other teams try and create home field advantages. People need to stop being so nitpicky and save the punishment for serious matters. The Saint's bounty scandal comes to mind, even Spygate could fit in. But I could care less about deflated balls, artificial noise, or executives texting in plays. It is kinda ridiculous IMO.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Maybe I'm naive, but I'm going to have a hard time if the Rams are ever found guilty of this sort of thing. As in turn me against the current heads of the organization bad.

I agree it's more than just the Pats and the Niners cheating... I still hold out hope it's not everyone.
Man are you sensitive to cheating, haha......

iced

Hard to be shocked anymore - the punishments for cheating are a joke and in no way deter a team from doing it...

i mean look at the punishment for spy gate - if they had received a similar punishment that New Orleans received for bounty gate, does anyone really think teams would keep pushing the envelope with a year suspension lingering in the back ground?

6 figure fine and a draft pick means nothing to a team when it comes to playoff runs and rings

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man are you sensitive to cheating, haha......
If someone's cheating, there's no point to the game.

Or maybe it is just media and fans over analyzing every aspect of the game as cheating? Some things have very little consequence especially if the majority of the NFL is doing it. Other teams alter footballs, other teams try and create home field advantages. People need to stop being so nitpicky and save the punishment for serious matters. The Saint's bounty scandal comes to mind, even Spygate could fit in. But I could care less about deflated balls, artificial noise, or executives texting in plays. It is kinda ridiculous IMO.
I disagree completely and totally. If it creates some sort of concrete advantage, then it's wrong even if the team wins 200-0 anyway.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
At least Blank isn't dodging things . . . no coverup there . . .

Feb 3, 3:38 PM EST

Blank says Falcons 'wrong' to add fake crowd noise to games

By CHARLES ODUM
AP Sports Writer

AP Photo/John Bazemore

A

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) -- Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Tuesday he has seen enough of the NFL's investigation of fake crowd noise at Atlanta's home games to acknowledge wrongdoing.

The NFL is trying to determine if the Falcons pumped artificial crowd noise into the Georgia Dome for home games the last two years. Apparently, the answer is yes.

Blank had a quick response when asked if there was a fine line for crowd noise not allowed by the league.

"It's not really a fine line," Blank told The Associated Press. "I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong. Anything that affects the competitive balance and fairness on the field, we're opposed to, as a league, as a club and as an owner. It's obviously embarrassing but beyond embarrassing it doesn't represent our culture and what we're about."

Blank said he expects the league to report its findings in two to three weeks.

The Falcons could be fined or penalized with the loss of a draft pick if found to have added fake crowd noise during the opposing team's huddles when they were trying to call a play.

"We've got some information internally," Blank said of the investigation. "Not all, clearly, until we see the full report. But we've dealt with it internally the best we can, which was limited because we haven't seen the report.

"We've gotten some information from the league but until we read the full report and until they publish their findings, we can't be totally clear. We've talked to a lot of people and we've cooperated and we'll be anxious to read the report."

The Falcons say 101 of 103 games have been sellouts since Blank bought the team in 2002. Actual turnouts declined during losing seasons the last two years.

Atlanta ranked 10th among the 32 NFL teams with its average home attendance of 72,130 in 2014. Construction is underway for a new $1.4 billion stadium which will replace the Georgia Dome in 2017. The new stadium will have a similar seating capacity.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello on Monday said the league had no comment on the investigation.

---

AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org andwww.twitter.com/AP-NFL

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...estigating-falcons-for-artificial-crowd-noise

by Sean d'Oliveira | CBSSports.com
Sun, 01 Feb 2015 11:01 AM ET

The Falcons are being investigated by the NFL for allegedly piping crowd noise into their stadium during games over the last two seasons, sources told ESPN.

If the allegations are found to be true, the Falcons could face a fine and loss of a draft pick. The league is looking to see if the team pumped artificial crowd noise while the opponent was calling a play in the huddle.
It's just like the laugh track that network TV uses. It's entertainment, what's the diff?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just like the laugh track that network TV uses. It's entertainment, what's the diff?
I thought of suggesting that the pumped in crowd noise recordings were left by WCW who used to pipe in chants for Goldberg, but very few here would get it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The difference is some of us ONLY watch because we think it's not just "entertainment" it's a contest and IF it's fake the time spent watching is poorly spent.
If it's a rule there needs to be a penalty for breaking it.