Falcons investigated for artificial crowd noise

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...estigating-falcons-for-artificial-crowd-noise

by Sean d'Oliveira | CBSSports.com
Sun, 01 Feb 2015 11:01 AM ET

The Falcons are being investigated by the NFL for allegedly piping crowd noise into their stadium during games over the last two seasons, sources told ESPN.

If the allegations are found to be true, the Falcons could face a fine and loss of a draft pick. The league is looking to see if the team pumped artificial crowd noise while the opponent was calling a play in the huddle.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Haven't the Seahawks and Chiefs been investigated for this too?

How can you prove it when it's as simple as an MP3 file that can be brought in on a thumb drive and played while the crowd is cheering then pocketed and taken home

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who saw this coming. Look its not just the Pats everybody's bad.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know for a fact that the Dolphins did it too during the Rams game.
Every time it got loud, I would look around at the crowd and nobody was yelling.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Or the a/c fans ( pun intended) in the Humpdome ( aw shit here's another one) when they beat the Cards in the WS

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who saw this coming. Look its not just the Pats everybody's bad.
Maybe I'm naive, but I'm going to have a hard time if the Rams are ever found guilty of this sort of thing. As in turn me against the current heads of the organization bad.

I agree it's more than just the Pats and the Niners cheating... I still hold out hope it's not everyone.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I have to admit the wheels are coming off my lifelong NFL bandwagon.

Athos

Legend
Maybe I'm naive, but I'm going to have a hard time if the Rams are ever found guilty of this sort of thing. As in turn me against the current heads of the organization bad.

I agree it's more than just the Pats and the Niners cheating... I still hold out hope it's not everyone.

With how much I've read people complain about crowd noise when the Rams play.....doubt we have to worry about THIS particular infraction. :unsure:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This sounds like a distraction to me, pay attention to the 5 win team that missed the playoffs, not the real cheaters.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Think we'll ever see this from the Patriots?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...--what-we-ve-done-----is-wrong-203120000.html

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank introduced new head coach Dan Quinn, fresh off the plane from Phoenix, on Tuesday. And after the requisite excited-to-be-here's from Quinn, talk turned to the ongoing investigation of the Falcons regarding allegations of faked crowd noise at the Georgia Dome.

Blank was unequivocal, saying he was "angry and embarrassed" that the NFL is looking into whether Atlanta piped in crowd noise to impact play during Falcons home games over the last two seasons. He acknowledged wrongdoing, telling the AP "I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong."

The NFL is expected to issue the results of its investigation in the next few weeks. "We cooperated fully" with the investigation, Blank said. "We certainly support the integrity of the league, the integrity of fair competition and the integrity of the shield," he said. "We are not happy about it."

It's worth noting that if in fact the Falcons did pipe in crowd noise to impact or distract opposing teams, that's a far more serious offense than any deflated footballs could possibly be, since crowd noise has a measurable effect on a team's ability to do its job. The Falcons are facing a fine, loss of draft pick, or both.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's worth noting that if in fact the Falcons did pipe in crowd noise to impact or distract opposing teams, that's a far more serious offense than any deflated footballs could possibly be, since crowd noise has a measurable effect on a team's ability to do its job.

Fixed that part for ya...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Actually IMO there should be an allowable decibel level of crowd noise however it's generated, like Boffo says there is an observable effect and it usually eventuates into a longer field for visiting teams , which violation is more egregious is a situation thang

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's worth noting that if in fact the Falcons did pipe in crowd noise to impact or distract opposing teams, that's a far more serious offense than any deflated footballs could possibly be, since crowd noise has a measurable effect on a team's ability to do its job

Fuck me. What's the bet if the roles were reversed this bozo would be saying the exact opposite. Forever justifying Cheating by the Patriots.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Seriously - is this not acceptable?!?!

Sometimes you need to give fans a nudge in the right direction and I really don't see the issue with this as a "cheating" issue. This seems so petty! I'm an advocate for this, and I've read loads of interviews with sportsmen (& women) that say that crowd noise isn't really that much of a factor. I know many a professional rugby place kicker that all say the same thing - you don't actually hear anything, it's all white noise to them.

If pumping the sound levels isn't ok by the league, then teams of the NFL I urge you to set up mini flash-mob teams in various sections of the crown to instigate chanting or noise etc...

Or.

You could just play the game to an empty stadium and let people by DVDs post-game to watch in the comfort of their own homes...

I really am waiting for the new league rule that states that WRs feet can't be over a size 11, any larger then its an unfair advantage to the opposition...

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It's worth noting that if in fact the Falcons did pipe in crowd noise to impact or distract opposing teams, that's a far more serious offense than any deflated footballs could possibly be, since crowd noise has a measurable effect on a team's ability to do its job. The Falcons are facing a fine, loss of draft pick, or both.
Ack. Must read whole thing before posting.

This is, of course, utter nonsense.

rams2050

Starter
You would never hear Kraft saying such a thing. But then he is the ultimate enabler. . .