Face of the Franchise

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Hey guys. Didn't know if you saw the articles by Bucky Brooks about the faces of the franchise for each team. But he had a surprising face to be leading our franchise...Chris Long. Dont get me wrong, Long is a beast. But is he really the face of our franchise? To me, the face is usually the best player, or the most popular, most talked about, etc. Chris isn't any of those. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...man-chris-long-among-nfc-west-franchise-faces

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Hey guys. Didn't know if you saw the articles by Bucky Brooks about the faces of the franchise for each team. But he had a surprising face to be leading our franchise...Chris Long. Dont get me wrong, Long is a beast. But is he really the face of our franchise? To me, the face is usually the best player, or the most popular, most talked about, etc. Chris isn't any of those. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...man-chris-long-among-nfc-west-franchise-faces
I agree. On defense alone I would put JL and now Quinn above him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would say C.Long is the heart of the franchise now that SJ is gone.
The face? I would have to go with Quinn at this point. If Bradford goes out and has a playoff season that could change.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It is a little encouraging there is actually a debate! For years and years this conversation started and stopped with Steven Jackson.

Long, Quinn, Bradford, JL, and hopefully TA, Brockers, and others join the debate.

I see why some would recognize CL as a face of our franchise... he's a very good player and he's had longevity.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
At the moment I would say it is Chris Long too , this is more due to his fathers profile than his own , but that says where we are as a franchise than any indictment on Chris.
At this seasons end it may well be Quinn, Bradford or even ... Tavon Austin ! :cheers:-go rams

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I know he's a pretty great follow on Twitter, so he's got that going for him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have to believe Brooks is wright when he says "Long is the Heart and Sole " of the Team! He wellrespected by his Team-mates and he appears to be the "Man in Charge" when he Leads almost all of the pre-game huddles!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Next season it will, undoubtedly, be Bradford.

Robert Quinn is our superstar, JL, and CL, are our heart, and Donald is going to be a MONSTER.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
My take is that it is more of a dual role with Bradford on offense and Long on defense. They were the top draft picks during our most recent turn around effort and key contributors. There is sometimes a difference between leadership in the locker room and who the fans would select, but in this case it might be the same guys for now.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No votes for Michael Sam? Haha. My vote would have to be Bradford. Not because he's the best player, he's not. But he's the guy everyone looks at when it comes to whether or not the team is gonna do anything this year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sam Bradford has been, and is, the face of our franchise. That shouldn't surprise anybody.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I'd say it's Sam too. The 'face of the franchise' is, IMO, the current player everyone thinks of when you mention a teams name. i.e, Peterson for Minnesota, Rodgers for Green Bay, Luck for the Colts.
When you think Rams; you think Sam Bradford. Whether that's because you think he's great or you think he sucks, he's the first guy that you think of. That's the way I see it at least.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'd say Chris Long was 2 years ago but you have to say Quinn now. Long and Laurinitais are the leaders of the team but Quinn is the motor and undoubtably the best player on the roster.