FA Visits Scheduled?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just wondering if the Rams have any Free Agents (Offensive Linemen, etc) scheduled for the near future? I keep reading they are hoping to bring in Wisniewski, Blalock, etc but have not read anything to confirm any visits. I know it is still early in Free Agency but I doubt the better FA OL will be on the market much longer so I hope the Rams can get them to St. Louis soon and get them signed!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Just wondering if the Rams have any Free Agents (Offensive Linemen, etc) scheduled for the near future? I keep reading they are hoping to bring in Wisniewski, Blalock, etc but have not read anything to confirm any visits. I know it is still early in Free Agency but I doubt the better FA OL will be on the market much longer so I hope the Rams can get them to St. Louis soon and get them signed!
We'll get 'em here and then...

offer.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know Fisher is a Defense focussed coach, and the additions we've done have been good Barron (I'm classing him in this year), Ayers and Fairley, but it was our O-line which has had the biggest need, I'm worried that we're going to go into the Draft with too many O-line needs, I know there are plenty of guys left out there, but do we really need another Wells & Joseph...

FRO

Legend
I know Fisher is a Defense focussed coach, and the additions we've done have been good Barron (I'm classing him in this year), Ayers and Fairley, but it was our O-line which has had the biggest need, I'm worried that we're going to go into the Draft with too many O-line needs, I know there are plenty of guys left out there, but do we really need another Wells & Joseph...
We have a ways before the draft yet. My hope is we sign 2 linemen before the draft. Barksdale and Blalock would be good by me. If we go into the draft with the current group it makes it nearly impossible to go BPA at our picks. You are almost forced to draft for need. If they think they can make it with a patch work offensive line again then they will be unemployed this time next year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We have a ways before the draft yet. My hope is we sign 2 linemen before the draft. Barksdale and Blalock would be good by me.

If they add Barks & Blalock that would leave Center open do you feel it will be manned by Jones or Rhaney and then they will add somebody like Dismukes in the draft or a veteran?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If they add Barks & Blalock that would leave Center open do you feel it will be manned by Jones or Rhaney and then they will add somebody like Dismukes in the draft or a veteran?
I would be OK with that. I think we'd still need to draft a couple of linemen, but wouldn't be hamstrung to draft them in the 1st round and they wouldn't necessarily have to start either.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
We have a ways before the draft yet. My hope is we sign 2 linemen before the draft. Barksdale and Blalock would be good by me. If we go into the draft with the current group it makes it nearly impossible to go BPA at our picks. You are almost forced to draft for need. If they think they can make it with a patch work offensive line again then they will be unemployed this time next year.

I'd like to see Barks, Blalock and de la Puente personally so, as you said, we can draft BPA not try and fill urgent need and maybe outreach for someone and miss out on gem...

FRO

Legend
I would draft Erving if he fell into the second to us, doubt he does. Or I would pick Gallik in the third. Then I would have an open competition between the three.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would draft Erving if he fell into the second to us, doubt he does. Or I would pick Gallik in the third. Then I would have an open competition between the three.

Love Erving, but agree he does not fall I like B.J. Finney better than Gallik, however, love Boston College pedigree.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still holding out hope for Wiz.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the Center is the "guy" on that line.

Putting a rookie in that position is a recipe for disaster IMO.
None of the guys on the existing roster have had any meaningful real playing time, so I'd consider them rookies as well... again, a recipe for disaster, IMO.

Get Wiz signed, even if it means overpaying some.

Resign Barksdale and draft the opening.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I like the C's this year. I would prefer we don't go FA on this position. I think there are about 6 or 7 who could start next year in this draft. I think there is good value in the 3-5th rounds and I really think you can come away with a starter in those rounds. Barksdale, Blalock and a rookie at C seems to make a ton of sense IMO.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I just read that Blalock visited the Tennessee Titans yesterday. Either he is really being choosey or he really doesn't want to play here. He has to know the Rams are desperate for linemen. It's getting hard to remain patient with the lack of activity.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I say we push hard for Blalock and Barks. The truth is we, as fans, don't really know what we have in Barrett Jones or Rhaney. The only thing we know is that Barrett got some playing time at KC, and was able to hold his own. Was releasing Wells and not tendering Barnes signaling the green light for Barrett to start?

I'm not convinced we need a rookie center.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I just read that Blalock visited the Tennessee Titans yesterday. Either he is really being choosey or he really doesn't want to play here. He has to know the Rams are desperate for linemen. It's getting hard to remain patient with the lack of activity.

This could be his last chance at a decent contract. Probably just doing due diligence to maximize this deal.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I prefer to have an experienced OC on the Line, But if we go thru the Draft I want Cam Erving!!