FA Pickup Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who would you choose if the Rams picked up one available free agent?

• Total voters

dang

Legend
The Rams agree that one more vet FA would boost the roster prior to the start of the regular season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need another edge rusher, although I don't know how good Melvin Ingram is...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Being a sailor, I had to vote for Hooker.

We weren't required to give football reasoning for our choice, were we??

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
We need another edge rusher, although I don't know how good Melvin Ingram is...
Same. If he played like we'd want him too, another real edge rusher would put the defense over the top. That's a big if though.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
IIRC, Rams kept some cap space available in 2018 so they could make a "splash" signing in mid-season (Dante Fowler). Fowler gave a huge boost to the D after they picked him up in October. (Yes, it was via trade, but they needed the extra cap space to absorb his cap hit, as I recall).

Anyway-- I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams do something similar this year. They'll keep their powder dry for now, but then in late October (just before the trade deadline) Rams might splurge to add the last missing piece.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Poole makes the most sense. He was a solid slot and should be cheap now. Muy competition es goodo.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
An Edge makes the most sense but Ingram is no longer that guy.

I don’t think that the Rams really need expensive help at those other positions, frankly.

I voted for Wright in the spirit of the OP’s topic, but I really hope that Rams save their money except possibly at edge if a true value player that’s halfway affordable that can remain healthy should still be there by August or early September.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I voted for Wright. I think he's still got enough left in the tank. And he would be the perfect candidate to quarterback the defense.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll jump in the free agent pool for Poole.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I picked Ingram. I don't know how much he has in the tank, but we need edge help aside from Floyd. I like Hollins and Lewis (still think Lewis will play himself into a starting role this year), but I want to hedge my bets, just in case.

Tano

Legend
It was between Wright and Ingram for me and I went with a slight edge to Wright.

I am worried about Kiser's health and Reeder is just adequate at best. His miss of tackling old man river on third down in the Green Bay game really annoyed me.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Worn-out & down Pass Rusher Ingram is the only way past their prime defender I considered & his contract would be seriously ladened with mega incentive type wording & mandates.

I would still rather pass on Ingram.

What would be the basic minimum salary for Ingram by NFL rules?

dang

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Early poll results indicate it ain’t the OL or secondary that needs help as much as our LB corp (by a wide margin).